Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Good Traders and Stand up Folks.

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Honestly, this may not have even been intentional... He may have forgotten and not have returned to the board for his reminder.. just something to think about. But when I have a debt it doesn't leave my mind until it's paid, and I hate when somebody gives me more than I give in return. I understand not everybody is that way.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    i completely agree dutyje there could have been a reason why other than not wanting to and when i have a debt it must be paid
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I got some great stogies today from dutyje as part of a trade. Aside from making me feel like a jackass by sending me both more cigars than I sent him, and more expensive cigars than I sent him, he's good people.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    I got some great stogies today from dutyje as part of a trade. Aside from making me feel like a jackass by sending me both more cigars than I sent him, and more expensive cigars than I sent him, he's good people.
    Sounds like how I'm gonna feel when I get those RP '92s from you since they are about twice the price of the Oilva V lanceros I sent ya.
    Really? I thought those were about the same price.
    Nah, the Rockys are a bit more, maybe not twice the price, but close enough. Its okay, I'll get you back, count on that. :)
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I got my PIF package from Scrambler today... actually it arrived yesterday but the mailman packed so much crap into my box with it that I couldn't open it - had to wait for him to come today and get it out for me. Luckily it wasn't that hot yesterday afternoon and last night was in the 60's.

All I can say is... WOW. What a package. Everything was on my "gotta try" list, and only one was something I've had previously. I am a little disappointed though... where are the grape Backwoods ya promised?
    urbino:
    Hey urby, don't pay that any attention. I wanted to be sure I sent out some good stuff because you all had done such a fine job welcoming me to the board and educating me in this hobby. Also, I felt bad that my father-in-law selected as his smoke the awesome surprise I was going to send your way, so I got a couple things in its place. The way I see it, I still owe everyone here quite a bit more. I was very pleased to see the package you sent, especially the RP '90. The one I had before was a very good cigar and I'm glad to have another on hand.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    All I can say is... WOW. What a package.
    I get that a lot. Thanks for noticing.
    zoom6zoom:
    Everything was on my "gotta try" list, and only one was something I've had previously. I am a little disappointed though... where are the grape Backwoods ya promised?
    I decided the backwoods were a little too high end to be sending out. Gotta keep my supply up.

Glad you liked the selection? Which was the one you've already had? I usually try to send a combination of my personal favorites / sticks the recipient is likely to have not tried (new, rare, obscure, etc).
    The one that I already had was the Cusano 18, and was ready to order more soon. The rest are all on my try list, especially the Man O' War.

Guess I'll have to pick up the grapes on my own.

Many thanks once again.

I tried to follow the same guidelines when sending out my first PIF package this week.
    Scrambler:
    zoom6zoom:
    All I can say is... WOW. What a package.
    I get that a lot. Thanks for noticing.
    Ha!
    well i can vouch for luko and zoom it seems =) and btmisle i know tha packages are at my house i cant wait to see them!
    DiasFlak:
    well i can vouch for luko and zoom it seems =) and btmisle i know tha packages are at my house i cant wait to see them!
    Must . . . not . . . make . . . package joke. Thread . . . derailment . . . verboten.
    urbino:
    DiasFlak:
    Must . . . not . . . make . . . package joke. Thread . . . derailment . . . verboten.
    LOL BEST LAUGH i have had all day thanks urbino
    Sometimes you just gotta jump outa the cab and let that sucker roll. Might get hurt otherwise. Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    train derailment zoom is a great trader my gf read me his list today
    Received a bomb from urby today. Those RP '92s look really good, it's gonna be hard letting them rest for a spell.

Thanks.
    DiasFlak:
    train derailment zoom is a great trader my gf read me his list today
    Hope you enjoy them... I looked at your previous posts and tried to choose stuff based on what you said you wanted to try. Didn't hurt that they were mostly my favorites, too. The CAO Black VR is my current #1.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Capt,

you rule!! not only did you hit me with some 4 year old sancho panzas (in a neat little box i may add) but you also sent two other sticks with at least a year on em. thank you very much.

...stand up guy in my book!
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Just got an excellent package from Capt from his contest. Awesome smokes in there. Two thumbs up for an awesome BOTL.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The Capt. is The Man ! He sent a Felipe Gregorio 15th Anniversary Power Robusto 4/07.. A Gurkha Legend from 6/06, a Graycliff 1666 Torpedo, and a Fonseca Habana which was made in it's country of origin. All fine cigars I am looking forward to enjoying and reporting back here about. " Stand up !"
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    damn

three in a row from the Capt.
  • CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    damn

Thanks for the kind words. Just giving back to the place that has given alot to me. I hope you all enjoy. Oops, almost forgot. SMOKE THOSE CIGARS! They are already aged, so dig in! There is alot more of those to go around, so don't be afraid to smoke them........
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Capt:
    kuzi16:
    damn

Thanks for the kind words. Just giving back to the place that has given alot to me. I hope you all enjoy. Oops, almost forgot. SMOKE THOSE CIGARS! They are already aged, so dig in! There is alot more of those to go around, so don't be afraid to smoke them........
    Thanks Cap, sincerely. kas.
  • sackermasackerma Posts: 45
    Capt:
    kuzi16:
    damn

Capt. i dont know who you are. but you seem like a nice guy... just reading this thread makes you look like a greek god, just wanted to send you some props.... PS thanks everyone for replying to me with my questions bout gars... i'm just getting into them but it seems like it'll be a long lasting love afair....
  • CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    sackerma:
    Capt:
    kuzi16:
    damn

Capt. i dont know who you are. but you seem like a nice guy... just reading this thread makes you look like a greek god, just wanted to send you some props.... PS thanks everyone for replying to me with my questions bout gars... i'm just getting into them but it seems like it'll be a long lasting love afair....
    It's funny you say that, because I am Greek! But God, hardly.......
  • sackermasackerma Posts: 45
    Capt:
    sackerma:
    Capt:
    kuzi16:
    damn

It's funny you say that, because I am Greek! But God, hardly.......
    Ha, funny Captin...
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Sorry if this is considered hijacking this thread (really sorry) but could somebody PM me or reply here with any guidelines, considerations or restrictions there are for folks who want to do trades or want to get involved in any of your reindeer games? I am new so I figure it will be a while before folks will be willing to trade... but are there definate rules so I can determine when the proper time is to make these sorts of requests to people here? Thanks.
    hey laker.. just stick around, stay active on the boards, get to know people, and then jump in. Always read the first post of a game thread so you understand the rules. Most people use US Priority Mail to ship cigars. Don't stiff us, 'cause we'll know where you live :)
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Thanks for that Dutyje. I am hoping that after a spell folks (at least some) may be willing to trade with me. I am a Canadian, but if allowed to be included would NEVER stiff ANYBODY for ANYTHING, let alone the good people here. I plan on being here for a long time, and treating people like that is not only very low, but would tend to put the low-life on folks blacklist pronto. And rightfully so. Also I am a rather trusting type person so I would not have a problem with shipping my side of a trade first in any case. Thanks dutyje