Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One would think that by now I'd know this, but WTF does 'bump' mean?

Marty

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    jlmarta:
    One would think that by now I'd know this, but WTF does 'bump' mean?

Marty

When someone posts "bump" it just means they are bumping the thread up to the top of the list to basically remind people that it's still open and get more participants or feedback...
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'll be...... purty clever thinkin'. Can't slide nuthin' past you folks, can we?

Thanks, my friend. My education continues.

Marty

• Options
    Bump

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Bump

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I think we're waiting for The Kid to get back. He said he'd be gone a week.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    I think we're waiting for The Kid to get back. He said he'd be gone a week.
    Hello,,, Just got in and had a bunch of sticks waiting for me,, will post soon. Thanks guys......I know we started a trivia question before I left, and as much as I wanted to pick the first guy who guessed, just so it would be over with... I stuck to my guns and waited till someone actually picked the right number..Unfortunately It wasnt until after I left on my trip...The lucky number was seven. So I will be sending some sticks out to the person who picked that number... Thanks for waiting.... Anyway.....Now that Im back Im hijacking this thread and now Im going to ask a real trivia question.. Take as many guesses as you would like...Looking for the "Band Name & Album Title" from a band that was popular in the late 1970s through the 1980s. Eight of the band's albums were certified gold or higher, Im looking for the album which is my favorite and in my opinion their best.. The Genre for this band is listed by others as Hard rock, progressive rock, heavy metal, progressive metal.. If someone asked me I would say hard rock or classic rock.. More clues to follow..
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Kiss and Hotter Than Hell from 1977. Gold albumn.
  • Options
    Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Jethro Tull - A Passion Play
  • Options
    Three really good albums,, But not correct.. This album was released in 1984 and it was their "Seventh" album
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Way too easy after that clue. I'll let someone else guess. Hey Kid, PM me your address I've got your winnings from the last round.
  • Options
    Van Halen 1984?
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    van halen - 1984
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Way too easy after that clue. I'll let someone else guess. Hey Kid, PM me your address I've got your winnings from the last round.
    If you know the answer I will be thoroughly impressed.. Please send me a Pm with your answer..Pm Sent
  • Options
    The Kid:
    beatnic:
    If you know the answer I will be thoroughly impressed.. Please send me a Pm with your answer..Pm Sent
    PM sent. It hasn't been that long since I won a contest on here...will let someone else have this one

• Options
    danielruas:
    van halen - 1984
    While Van Halen is one of my All time Favorite bands ever, Both with Sammy And David Lee. 1984 was their 6th album.. My Fav with Dave is their first album although 1984 is hot on the heels of that one. My Fav with Sammy is 5150
  • Options
    The Kid:
    danielruas:
    van halen - 1984
    While Van Halen is one of my All time Favorite bands ever, Both with Sammy And David Lee. 1984 was their 6th album.. My Fav with Dave is their first album although 1984 is hot on the heels of that one. My Fav with Sammy is 5150
    I am a big fan of Van Halen. I have the cassette case with the baby angel smoking the cigar on the cover. It was hard to come by because it was pulled from the shelves after a bit due to outrage against it. If you count the LP tracks they put out while forming Van Halen it would be their 7th record, but that is stretching it a bit.
  • Options
    Take as many guesses as you would like...Looking for the "Band Name & Album Title" from a band that was popular in the late 1970s through the 1980s. Eight of the band's albums were certified gold or higher, Im looking for the album which is my favorite and in my opinion their best.. The Genre for this band is listed by others as Hard rock, progressive rock, heavy metal, progressive metal.. If someone asked me I would say hard rock or classic rock.. More clues to follow..

This album was released in 1984 and it was their "Seventh" album

next clue.... Leonardo da Vinci would of been a huge fan

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Rush, Grace Under Pressure?

• Options
    The Sniper:
    Rush, Grace Under Pressure?

Very good guess.. But No...Actually this band has been compared to Rush as they are fellow Canadians and also a power trio...

sidenote I saw Rush during the Grace Under Pressure tour and it is one of the best concerts I ever saw.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    triumph,thunder seven
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Godd Damm it... I just read this and will never forget the FANTASTIC art work on that album cover. Nice call JJ
  • Options
    jj20030:
    triumph,thunder seven
    YEP... Thats a winner.... Congrats...Very Good...Triumph never reached the super stardom of their fellow countrymen Rush however they had numerous hits like Lay it on the Line, Fight The Good Fight, and Magic Power to name a few. Guitarist Rik Emmett is in my opinion one of the most underrated guitarist of that era.. Thunder Seven was their seventh album and on the cover they had a modern day version of da Vinci's "Vitruvian Man". Please Pm me your address. The next trivia question is yours. Thanks
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    jj20030:
    triumph,thunder seven
    Well, if I had to lose to someone on that question, good that it was Triumph - awesome band that never got the love or recognition they deserved!

• Options
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    triumph,thunder seven
    YEP... Thats a winner.... Congrats...Very Good...Triumph never reached the super stardom of their fellow countrymen Rush however they had numerous hits like Lay it on the Line, Fight The Good Fight, and Magic Power to name a few. Guitarist Rik Emmett is in my opinion one of the most underrated guitarist of that era.. Thunder Seven was their seventh album and on the cover they had a modern day version of da Vinci's "Vitruvian Man". Please Pm me your address. The next trivia question is yours. Thanks
    how about this, im going to let you keep the trivia going and double up for the next winner im not too good at putting out good trivia questions ,, , lol, thanks!
  • Options
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    triumph,thunder seven
    how about this, im going to let you keep the trivia going and double up for the next winner im not too good at putting out good trivia questions ,, , lol, thanks!
    Cmon Man, Help a brother out.. YOU CAN DO IT..Please.. Ill send you some Donkey Droppings
  • Options
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    triumph,thunder seven
    Cmon Man, Help a brother out.. YOU CAN DO IT
    guess i should read the rules first,lol , how about this , you do another triva and for me f in up, you send me your addy and ill send you a package! im full up here,lol