• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    triumph,thunder seven
    YEP... Thats a winner.... Congrats...Very Good...Triumph never reached the super stardom of their fellow countrymen Rush however they had numerous hits like Lay it on the Line, Fight The Good Fight, and Magic Power to name a few. Guitarist Rik Emmett is in my opinion one of the most underrated guitarist of that era.. Thunder Seven was their seventh album and on the cover they had a modern day version of da Vinci's "Vitruvian Man". Please Pm me your address. The next trivia question is yours. Thanks
    how about this, im going to let you keep the trivia going and double up for the next winner im not too good at putting out good trivia questions ,, , lol, thanks!
    Cmon Man, Help a brother out.. YOU CAN DO IT
    guess i should read the rules first,lol , how about this , you do another triva and for me f in up, you send me your addy and ill send you a package! im full up here,lol

Lol, WHy do you think I did two in a row?? Time for me to pass the torch. Have you ever had any Donkey Droppings?
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    triumph,thunder seven
    YEP... Thats a winner.... Congrats...Very Good...Triumph never reached the super stardom of their fellow countrymen Rush however they had numerous hits like Lay it on the Line, Fight The Good Fight, and Magic Power to name a few. Guitarist Rik Emmett is in my opinion one of the most underrated guitarist of that era.. Thunder Seven was their seventh album and on the cover they had a modern day version of da Vinci's "Vitruvian Man". Please Pm me your address. The next trivia question is yours. Thanks
    how about this, im going to let you keep the trivia going and double up for the next winner im not too good at putting out good trivia questions ,, , lol, thanks!
    Cmon Man, Help a brother out.. YOU CAN DO IT
    guess i should read the rules first,lol , how about this , you do another triva and for me f in up, you send me your addy and ill send you a package! im full up here,lol

Lol, WHy do you think I did two in a row?? Time for me to pass the torch. Have you ever had any Donkey Droppings?
    ok let me think,lol
  • Options
    ok, more rock and roll trivia, name the artist and song from this quote: Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died.
  • Options
    one of my favorites....lol
  • Options
    The Kid:
    one of my favorites....lol
    answer it, lmao , ok someone will give in for a box of smokes,lol ill check in the morning
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    ok, more rock and roll trivia, name the artist and song from this quote: Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died.
    Pink Floyd- Us and Them

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    jj20030:
    Pink Floyd- Us and Them
    great, winner, pm me your addy and you get the torch too,lol, , i might have your addy already but pm me anyway, ill get it out tomorrow
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Edit, dwayne beat me to it
  • Options
    Ok, we're gonna stick with the Rock n Roll theme...

To win, you'll need to guess the band name and album title. Only one guess per clue posted.

This album, though not my all time favorite, has been a constant in my listening rotation since I started driving.

Clue #1: The band is considered to be Hard Rock. They've won an AMA for both best band and best album in their category.

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    eagles, hotel california
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Clue #2: This album remained on the charts for three years and has sold over 20 million copies worldwide!

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    GnR, Appetite for Destruction.
  • Options
    Bump

• Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Metallica - Metallica
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    danielruas:
    Metallica - Metallica
    ...Hmmm that would be my guess too. Hope you got it.
  • Options
    AC/DC Back in Black
  • Options
    Great guesses so far, for some of my favorite bands.

Clue #3: The band's drummer joined the band at only 15 years old

• Options
    Well Bonham was born in 48 and he didnt join Led Zeppelin till around 68... Plus I remember you mentioned the AMA which would rule out any british bands.HMMMMM
  • Options
    KISS, Destroyer
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Well Bonham was born in 48 and he didnt join Led Zeppelin till around 68... Plus I remember you mentioned the AMA which would rule out any british bands.HMMMMM
    Actually a few bands of British origin have been nominated for AMA's.

• Options
    Really? I was not aware of that.. HMMM thats opening up the doorways aint it..HMMMMM
  • Options
    Ok, let's see if I can get some more guesses.

Clue #4: This band is one of only five rock bands with two original studio albums selling over 10 million copies each in the US.

Clue #5: The video for the 4th single on this album stayed at #1 on Dial MTV for a record 73 days!

• Options
    Tom Petty Long after Dark
  • Options
    Ok think I got it,
    Def Leppard Pyromania. Rick Allen is one of my all time favorite drummers I rank him up there with Neil Pert, John Bonham, Keith Moon, Alex Van Halen, Tommy Aldridge
  • Options
    adrosadros Posts: 216
    The Kid:
    Ok think I got it,
    Def Leppard Pyromania. Rick Allen is one of my all time favorite drummers I rank him up there with Neil Pert, John Bonham, Keith Moon, Alex Van Halen, Tommy Aldridge
    You want a good drummer check out Joey Jordison from Slipknot, his druming will suffocate you. Music is fast and loud but he is a trully amazing drummer. Another favorite is Bozio from Frank Zappas mothers of invention. He's great
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    adros:
    The Kid:
    Ok think I got it,
    You want a good drummer check out Joey Jordison from Slipknot, his druming will suffocate you. Music is fast and loud but he is a trully amazing drummer. Another favorite is Bozio from Frank Zappas mothers of invention. He's great

Check out Shannon Larkin. He's pretty sick on the drums...
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    I am going with Def Leppard-Hysteria.
  • Options
    Bombay:
    I am going with Def Leppard-Hysteria.
    Yep that was my second choice,, lol I think he meant to say the 5th song on that album,, Poor some sugar on me,, Track 4 is love bites,, Track 4 on Pyromania is too late for love.. Congrats....
  • Options
    Ill give these and Larkin a listen,, But pretty sure its not my thing.. Im more of a rythym and blues kinda guy.. Dont care much for speed metal..