Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

One of my favorite comic books as a kid featured a civil war general's ghost. The ghost would appear to only one person and leave him with cryptic messages that he would have to decipher to help solve problems and hazards he ran into in the story. Name the comic book title , the specific name of this series of stories, the person the ghost appeared to, the name of the ghost , and who sent the ghost to look after / protect him. ( Caution: This series actually as it evolved and some parameters of the story changed swithed to a second civil war general ghost ...I'm asking for the first/original civil war general ghost)...   :)

• Options
    gmill880:

One of my favorite comic books as a kid featured a civil war general's ghost. The ghost would appear to only one person and leave him with cryptic messages that he would have to decipher to help solve problems and hazards he ran into in the story. Name the comic book title , the specific name of this series of stories, the person the ghost appeared to, the name of the ghost , and who sent the ghost to look after / protect him. ( Caution: This series actually as it evolved and some parameters of the story changed swithed to a second civil war general ghost ...I'm asking for the first/original civil war general ghost)...   :)

4 outta 5 will be considered a winning answer

• Options
    What the ....ok so I know some of you young whipper snapper/gamers may not know what a comic book is ;) but come on ...2 days and no guesses ....do I need more hints or rescind and repost easier question ....come on slackers....
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    GI Combat
    The Haunted Tank
    Jeb Stuart
    J.E.B Stuart
    Alexander the Great

BOOOOYAAAHHHH!!!!
  • Options
    BOOOOYAAAHHHH IS RIGHT!!! Congrats Jetmech , I still have your addy .... sticks on the way Monday or Tuesday. Did google do it for ya or were you familiar with it? Anyways did you get to try the Java yet....I can throw in some extra's if you liked those.
  • Options
    I asked my dad and he kinda pointed me in the right direction. I havnt tried the Tabak yet but the java was pretty ok. I could do one of those every now and then but not everyday. I'll have my question up later today.
  • Options
    Holy sh-ittt !!! I'm old enough to be your dad !?!?!? (Picking up cane and mosying down to the man-cave for reflection and pondering) LMAO
  • Options
    or better yet, young man, package up all those cigars in your room and send them to me, and we won't involve your mother in this !!!
  • Options
    I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!!!!
  • Options
    Ha haha-putting together a nice package for ya jetster...be on the lookout
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Nice guess. man...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    What the ....ok so I know some of you young whipper snapper/gamers may not know what a comic book is ;) but come on ...2 days and no guesses ....do I need more hints or rescind and repost easier question ....come on slackers....
    Hey gmill.. I had to dig out some of the old comics and found some GI Combat along with some Sgt. Rock and Sgt. Fury.and the Howling Commandos. I am surprised that they are still around.. Most from the 70's. Still it great condition.
  • Options
    In the history of Naval Aviation there is a legend that surrounds a set of bones.
    What organization do the bones belong to?
    Whose bones are they?
    What is the tradition regarding the bones
    BONUS: Starting with the word "Skipper", what were the bones last words?
  • Options

kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    Hey gmill.. I had to dig out some of the old comics and found some GI Combat along with some Sgt. Rock and Sgt. Fury.and the Howling Commandos. I am surprised that they are still around.. Most from the 70's. Still it great condition.

Kas that is great, I spent a lotta time with the G.I. Combat comics, read and re-read , I loved 'em. After I moved away from home, one weekend my mom cleaned out the upstairs attic and tossed all of my comic books, a sh-it load of baseball and football cards as well. I was mule-lipped as he-ll but its your mom, whatta ya gonna do,I shoulda took them with me anyway. Memories ......

• Options
    gmill880:

kaspera79:
    gmill880:

Kas that is great, I spent a lotta time with the G.I. Combat comics, read and re-read , I loved 'em. After I moved away from home, one weekend my mom cleaned out the upstairs attic and tossed all of my comic books, a sh-it load of baseball and football cards as well. I was mule-lipped as he-ll but its your mom, whatta ya gonna do,I shoulda took them with me anyway. Memories ......

I was able to rescue the Comics, Baseball, and Football cards, Record Albums, but not the Trains. Thats where I really lost a fine collection..Thanks Mom.. And you said it. I should have taken them with me. I just didn't have the room. Oh well.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    What kind of trains, Kas?
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:

kaspera79:
    gmill880:

I was able to rescue the Comics, Baseball, and Football cards, Record Albums, but not the Trains. Thats where I really lost a fine collection..Thanks Mom.. And you said it. I should have taken them with me. I just didn't have the room. Oh well.

I did get a train set out that  my parents had since I know the 50,s. They used to set it up around the Christmas tree on a big platform when i was a kid. It had cowboys and cattle and bank robbers that could be put on and around the train. They used to put something in the engine that made it blow smoke. Its in my basement now, boxed up,  and one of the few things I have left of my mom's. Don't know if its worth anything for being old or not but its priceless to me,sentimental value. Sorry for your loss Kas, theres a lotta things I had as a kid I'd like to have back. As you said, oh well ....

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    dutyje:
    Choo-choo trains.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    In the history of Naval Aviation there is a legend that surrounds a set of bones.
    Whose bones are they?

AHEM!!!! Getting back on topic....HINT: The bones won a Navy Cross for the okinawa invasion.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    I had the HO Trains. The collection started with my Uncle giving me a few hundred feet of track, Three Engines and about 50 various cars. Then, I bought and built a small city of building, ( farms, churches, houses, depots, ) I bought one new car or building every week, along with a few more feet of track. for about five years. There were three sets. One in the basement, one in the garage, and one set up at my uncles house. When my uncle died I took the set down and stored it in the basement of my parents house, that is how I lost that one too. Oh well..
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Jetmech_63:
    Whose bones are they?

AHEM!!!! Getting back on topic....HINT: The bones won a Navy Cross for the okinawa invasion.
    Sorry to hijack the thread but this is kind of Games ...Okay guys think about those bones.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Jetmech_63:
    Whose bones are they?

Those bones would be the mascot of VFA-103 Strike Fighter Squadron also known as the Jolly Rogers. The bones allegedly belong to ensign Jack Ernie who's death was "to be remembered with the skull and crossbones." Theses bones are passed on the the " FNG's" that would be the new members. It should be noted that no one named Jack Ernie was on the Squadrons rosters. Final words... Skipper, I can't get out... Remember me with the Jolly Rogers. They are now with Fighter Squadron 84... Thats a lot of info I hope it covers all your questions.
  • Options
    Holy Crap!! You blew that out of the water!! Good Job! PM me you info and i'll get a package together and mailed off monday or tuesday. I used to be with VF-103 and they really do have a set of skull and crossbones. The legend still lives on..
  • Options
    Since Bino won't share the trains he played with as a kid, I had (still have) a bunch of N Scale stuff. My dad had a mammoth O Scale layout on the 3rd flor of our old house. He set up a large HO Scale layout at their place in SC, but he's been selling off his collection for the last couple of years. I had a small N Scale layout (3x5?), and have always planned to set up a new one. It'll probably have to wait another 20 years or so. I did the same thing as a kid -- buy one building, car, or bunch of scenery materials every week. I'll still pick up the Walthers catalog and see how things are changing. I'd plan to overhaul everything to digital when I start back up again, so there probably isn't a lot that would get used in a new layout.
  • Options
    Kas, gimme your address, i'm trying to get it out today.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    First of all, Thanks Jet.. That one gave me an education, which never hurt anyone.
    Okay, let me think of something and I'll be back to this in a while.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    dutyje:
    Since Bino won't share the trains he played with as a kid
    I was afraid you'd hurt yourself. You're so damn accident-prone. And tiny.
  • Options
    urbino:
    dutyje:
    Since Bino won't share the trains he played with as a kid
    I was afraid you'd hurt yourself. You're so damn accident-prone. And tiny.
    G Scale? I could ride in one of those babies... come on.. bust out the trains, man! I'm bored in here ever since I split that burro from back to font.

There was a sheik of Araby
    Ride on! Ride on!
    There was a sheik of Araby
    A staggering, bagging basterd, he
    With a swagger stick right down to his knee
    Ride on you buggers, ride on!

He called for his eunich at half past nine
    Ride on! Ride on!
    Called for his eunich at half past nine
    "Get down to my harem, you lazy swine
    And fetch my favorite concubine!"

The man was back in a flash with the lady gay
    Ride on! Ride on!
    Back in a flash with the lady gay
    She made for the bed and upon it lay
    In one fell swoop he was workin' away

Well, it was over and under and one time more
    Ride on! Ride on!
    Over and under and one time more
    The sheets were split and the mattress tore
    The springs gave way and they hit the floor

Well they hit the floor with a frightful crack
    Ride on! Ride on!
    Hit the floor with a frightful crack
    The sheik's proud horn was forever slack
    The poor girl split from front to back

So here's the moral for one and all
    Ride on! Ride on!
    Here's the moral for one and all -
    If you're out for blood but you're scared to fall
    Try it standing against the wall

(Spelling error to get around the super-advanced filth filter)
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    I'm bored in here ever since I split that burro from back to font.
    Mother of God. *jaw hanging, shaking my head*
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Jetmech_63:
    First of all, Thanks Jet.. That one gave me an education, which never hurt anyone.
    Okay, let me think of something and I'll be back to this in a while.
    Okay, thinking up a Google proof question is sometimes difficult but I don't believe Google knows this one..

I've been a long time fan of NASCAR racing, and next week is what is considered NASCARS's "superbowl". That is, they place their biggest, most watched event on the first day of the season.. The Daytona 500. I have seen this race twenty-five times. Who will I be cheering for during this race ?