Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    Sweet. I will PM you my addy. Good Question by the way.
  • Options
    Ok so Its baseball season and I am a huge fan of the Cleveland Indians (they suck right now) so here is my question: In my office I have a Panoramic photo of the first pitch at Jacobs Field (Now Progressive Field). What team were the indians playing and who was the starting pitcher? For a bonus who was the batter?
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Ok....The Indians opened up the 94 season with President Bill Clinton throwing the first pitch in the Jake. The tribe were playing the Seattle Mariners. The Indian's starting pitcher was Dennis Martinez who threw the opening pitch to Rich Amaral of the Mariners. Randy Johnson, the starting pitcher for Seattle, had a no-hitter going into the 8th inning, yet the tribe came back and won 4-3 in 11 innings. The winning pitcher was Eric Plunk.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    Ok....The Indians opened up the 94 season with President Bill Clinton throwing the first pitch in the Jake. The tribe were playing the Seattle Mariners. The Indian's starting pitcher was Dennis Martinez who threw the opening pitch to Rich Amaral of the Mariners. Randy Johnson, the starting pitcher for Seattle, had a no-hitter going into the 8th inning, yet the tribe came back and won 4-3 in 11 innings. The winning pitcher was Eric Plunk.
    Dang Overkill! But all correct. PM me your snailer and likes/dislikes and I will get something out to you.
  • Options
    agctribefan:
    bbc020:
    Dang Overkill! But all correct. PM me your snailer and likes/dislikes and I will get something out to you.

Pm Sent...I'll try to get a question up here by tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    ok, I'm about to go spend my day on the golf course. Last year at this time I was in the market to buy some new clubs. I did so and have fell in love with them. I bought a brand new driver, 3 wood, and 2i hybrid from one manufacturer and a new set of forged cavity back irons from another.

Question...name the two manufacturers

Bonus...name the two extra wedges I carry
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    A wedge of cheese and a wedge of pie.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    nice to have ya back urby! =)
    How about a price range...
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Heh. Thanks, Feebs. It's nice to be back.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    urbino:

ROFLMAO-----Oh Chit ...Da 'Bino I missed your humor ...
  • Options
    bbc020:
    ok, I'm about to go spend my day on the golf course. Last year at this time I was in the market to buy some new clubs. I did so and have fell in love with them. I bought a brand new driver, 3 wood, and 2i hybrid from one manufacturer and a new set of forged cavity back irons from another.

Question...name the two manufacturers

Bonus...name the two extra wedges I carry
    Hint: One Manufacturer is also the name of a city...the other is more known for manufacturing something else.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Clevleand and Dunlop?
  • Options
    For wedges....did you mean brand or type of wedge? I'm gonna go with a pitching wedge and a lob wedge (60 degree). As for brand, ummmm....I use a John Daily lob, so how bout that?
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I'm gonna play off Rob here and say Cleveland and Bridgestone. As for the bonus, I'll go with gap and lob.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    I'm gonna play off Rob here and say Cleveland and Bridgestone. As for the bonus, I'll go with gap and lob.
    All up in my shiznit....stealin' my thunder! I didn't even realize Bridgestone made golf equipment until now. Weird. I have a few more up my sleeve, it's just that I dunlop was the first to come to mind. Cleveland was an obvious choice.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    Scrambler's got this one. I have the Cleveland HiBore XLS driver, three wood, and 2i Hybrid and the Bridgestone J33 Forged Cavity back Irons. As far as the bonus. Neither hit it on the head...I carry a Cleveland Gap wedge, and a Titleist Vokey 56 sandwedge. I don't carry a lob anymore...never got comfortable with it. Let me know if you're still at the same addy Josh and I'll get some sticks out to you monday morning.
  • Options
    Sweet.

Nope, new address. Your cigars will be the first I receive at my new house. PM on the way with the address.
  • Options
    PM replied...stogies in the mail tomorrow!
  • Options
    bbc020:
    Scrambler:
    Scrambler's got this one. I have the Cleveland HiBore XLS driver, three wood, and 2i Hybrid and the Bridgestone J33 Forged Cavity back Irons. As far as the bonus. Neither hit it on the head...I carry a Cleveland Gap wedge, and a Titleist Vokey 56 sandwedge. I don't carry a lob anymore...never got comfortable with it. Let me know if you're still at the same addy Josh and I'll get some sticks out to you monday morning.
    nice, I haven't used any hybrids, want too.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    bbc020:
    Scrambler:
    they are ok...Seems like I can work the ball a little better with my Hiybrid....hitting lower trajectory shots, hooking around trees, even hitting 3/4 shots seems easier with them. I only have the 2i and have used it for shots from all areas on the golf course
  • Options
    bbc020:
    phobicsquirrel:
    bbc020:
    Scrambler:
    they are ok...Seems like I can work the ball a little better with my Hiybrid....hitting lower trajectory shots, hooking around trees, even hitting 3/4 shots seems easier with them. I only have the 2i and have used it for shots from all areas on the golf course
    good deal. yeah my buddy and I have been looking at them for some time. I have some decent clubs, Most of which are from a company called Pinewood. They are located here in Portland. They aren't by any means the best of the best, in fact they mimic other clubs such as PING and give you pretty much the same club without paying the inflated price. they have some hybrids which are on my list. I figure I might as well try a few.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    bbc020:
    phobicsquirrel:
    bbc020:
    Scrambler:
    good deal. yeah my buddy and I have been looking at them for some time. I have some decent clubs, Most of which are from a company called Pinewood. They are located here in Portland. They aren't by any means the best of the best, in fact they mimic other clubs such as PING and give you pretty much the same club without paying the inflated price. they have some hybrids which are on my list. I figure I might as well try a few.
    I don't take anything away from the club makers that make clubs that mimic the name brands. They are usually the same materials/design with different logos...made in the same factories. Just paying for a name.

I played with a mix and match set since I was 13yrs old and finally bought a set last year at age 25. I wanted what Cleveland's HiBore XLS had to offer and wanted a nice set of forged irons. At first I could still hit the ball better with my old clubs, but as I got into practicing more with the new ones, I was able to develop some distance control...something that was tough to come by with inconsistent clubs. It's just awesome to have all the irons hit similarly with different trajectories.
  • Options
    I guess it's time to post a question. Way back in 2000 when I was still in high school, I took the LSAT out of boredom/curiosity knowing that the score would expire in 3 years, so it wouldn't hurt me when I applied to law schools as a college senior. It's taken a lot longer than I expected, but I'm ready to start applying to law schools, so I just signed up to take the LSAT in June.

Question: What was my LSAT score when I took it as a high school senior?
  • Options
    Alright, this is really a simple "pick a number" game. The range of possible scores is 120-180.

Pick a number between 120 and 180 (inclusive), one guess per day. Whoever has the closest guess on Sunday night wins.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    What the heck, I'll guess 142
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Atleast you didnt say 156, thats grounds for an ass whoopijn.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    156...just kidding.

I'll go Wheel of Fortune here and say 120. Wait...it's not wheel of fortune...what the heck is that game show? Oh yeah, The Price is Right...Duh.
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    I'm gonna say 131
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249