Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    gun nut? lol; well I wouldn't call myself a nut, even a collector but I do frigg'n love fire-in them. I do miss the 'ol Army days just for that reason.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    WTF Gene I'm like the only gun nut on here other than Zoom and maybe Pheebs. Your hint aint narrownig down Sheeit! I can name of 23 gns that had a limited edition run in the "mid eighties" 12 of them having stock Rosewood combat grips. This could take a while dude ROFL!!!!
    U can add me to that list too Jet but I'm out on this one. I totally agree though that it doesn't narrow it down much.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    rdnstn:
    Jetmech_63:
    WTF Gene I'm like the only gun nut on here other than Zoom and maybe Pheebs. Your hint aint narrownig down Sheeit! I can name of 23 gns that had a limited edition run in the "mid eighties" 12 of them having stock Rosewood combat grips. This could take a while dude ROFL!!!!
    U can add me to that list too Jet but I'm out on this one. I totally agree though that it doesn't narrow it down much.

OK OK ...calm down.... headquarters Springfield, Mass. ....began in 1855 ...there that should help!!!
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    Jetmech_63:

A very good handling gun and maybe I can post some pics after the contest ....see above hints....did not realize there were so many damn lmtd editions ....dang...
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Smith and Wesson
    629-1 Lew Horton Edition
    .44 mag
    4" bbl"
    Stainless
    Thats my guess. Only thing is kind of heavy to be toting around in a brief case and handlign well...most 44 29's and 629's ive held and shot have been outstanding guns but as far as handling , well, they're kinda clunkers.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Smith and Wesson
    629-1 Lew Horton Edition
    .44 mag
    4" bbl"
    Stainless
    Thats my guess. Only thing is kind of heavy to be toting around in a brief case and handlign well...most 44 29's and 629's ive held and shot have been outstanding guns but as far as handling , well, they're kinda clunkers.

Jet you got the mfg and caliber(not a magnum) so far
  • Options
    CRAP!!! I have it narrowed down to 3. See ya in 23 hours :)
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Smith and Wesson
    629-1 Lew Horton Edition
    .44 mag
    4" bbl"
    Stainless
    eh, you just need to bulk up and stop whining.. =p
  • Options
    Oh Jeezus. STFU Squirrel! I Love 44 mag. I have a 629 6" and a 29 from the late eighties. Both are awesome wheel guns! I've taken wild boar with the latter and keep the former on my hip when in bear/mountain lion country when hunting or camping. When i think good handling...M&P 40, Sig P226, Most S&W J Frames, Browning Hi-Power and my USPSA Gun, a Les Baer 1911. You know if we get too into this we may have to start a new thread. :)
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Jetmech_63:
    Smith and Wesson
    629-1 Lew Horton Edition
    .44 mag
    4" bbl"
    Stainless
    eh, you just need to bulk up and stop whining.. =p

I,m a pretty good size boy so it doesn't bother me....this one I believe is on a N frame ...so that helps
  • Options
    Jet - whats the new avatar?
  • Options
    looks like some big carrier guns going off and blowing the sh*t out of something. Shock & AWE!!!! lol I do miss the donkey though..
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    That was the aerial view of the squirrel's nest when the big one hit.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:

LMAO!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:

LMAO!

I hear a lotta chattering in the background...you gonna take that Squirrel ?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    ah, now jozer's talking sh*t! well now.... keep it up
  • Options
    It's a battery of 16" guns going off. As much bombing as i've been doing lately i thought it was appropriate
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    It's a battery of 16" guns going off. As much bombing as i've been doing lately i thought it was appropriate

Thats awesome Jet ...I like it!!!
  • Options
    OK. Gun #2
    Smith and Wesson
    44 Special
    Blue
    Model 24 Lew Horton Edition
    Making that particular gun a 3" barrel all of those guns coming with combat grips
    Small enough to tote in a brief case. Powerful enough to tune up even the worst attitudes.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    OK. Gun #2
    Smith and Wesson
    44 Special
    Blue
    Model 24 Lew Horton Edition
    Making that particular gun a 3" barrel all of those guns coming with combat grips
    Small enough to tote in a brief case. Powerful enough to tune up even the worst attitudes.

That is exactly right Jet.....PM me your addy just to make sure what I have is correct...I will get some sticks out to you in next couple of days ....It is a great gun and more controllable than one would think
  • Options
    Giggity Giggity! PM Sent, My ? will be up tonight.
  • Options
    Sorry for the late Question...Here we go!
    I came in the Navy in 1997. My first assignement was to a ship that was already deployed to the Persian Gulf. What ship was it? How old was I and what was my rank?

KICK-ASS BONUS STICK(youll do a backflip when you see it)!! I flew onto my first ship onboard an aircraft. What aircraft was it?(Hint: An aircraft can be a Helicopter or an Airplane)

Have fun!!
  • Options
    Hint: The ship is currently decommissioned
  • Options
    these questions are getting more and more complicated. me and my limited memory can't handle it. they say we can only remember 2 seconds worth...
  • Options
    Really that hint narrows it down quite a bit. Wish i could say more.... next hint will damn near give it away.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Come on guys. I was able to narrow it down to 1 of 2 carriers on the first page that I looked at. It's not really that hard.
  • Options
    If this doesnt give it away..you guys suck! hint # 2:
    When my first ship decomissioned, we cross decked to another ship in Pearl Harbor and rode that ship back to Yokosuka Japan...my first ships homeport. I addition, i did not come in the Navy as a Third Class, but made Third Class in 98. No more hints LOL!!! Good luck on the bonus, Hell i'll narrow that one down too...it was a helicopter...that narrows the bonus down to 2! :).
  • Options
    Jet sends out some tasty smokes I can attest to this. Pretty soon I'll be elgible to guess again ...come on guys don't make the Jet Man sweat ...he's practically gave it away anyhow
  • Options
    Alright I will take a guess at this. USS Independance, 18 yr, E-2, Bonus: CH-46 Sea Knight.
  • Options
    agctribefan:
    Alright I will take a guess at this. USS Independance, 18 yr, E-2, Bonus: CH-46 Sea Knight.

It WAS the Independence
    I WAS 18
    I WAS an E-2
    and it WAS a CH-46!!
    Congrats tribe for blowing this outta the water!! See folks, it wasnt that hard. Tribe, PM me your info and i'll try to get something to you this weekend. If not this weekend then next weekend for sure, i'm still on det and my main humi is back home but trust me...it'll be well worth the wait!