Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    Everyone's just sitting around here watching you play with yourself :)
    Ithink joe gets half credit on this one, ( his answer was amusing)
    lol
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    I didn't really expect anyone to get the answer perfect, and Alien got the half that I didn't allude to in any hint...go figure
    You kinda did, with the extra-curricular activity in high school and the setting up equipment part. PM sent with addy. I'll have a question up tomorrow.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    alienmisprint:
    bbc020:
    I didn't really expect anyone to get the answer perfect, and Alien got the half that I didn't allude to in any hint...go figure
    You kinda did, with the extra-curricular activity in high school and the setting up equipment part. PM sent with addy. I'll have a question up tomorrow.

I really didn't get into video in HS, I actually set up sound reinforcement, recording equipment, etc for choir.

Congrats Tony, I'll try to get your winnings out to you today.
  • Options
    Thanks Brandon, looking forward to it! Now for my question.....

I am pretty heavily tattooed, and have been getting tattooed for over 10 years now. Out of all that time, I have only had one of my tattoos appear in any magazines. What is the tattoo of and who did it?
  • Options
    First hint:

It appeared in the Christmas '08 issue of Skin Deep and the January issue of P*rick. The tattoo was done by Nate Beavers.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    alienmisprint:
    First hint:

It appeared in the Christmas '08 issue of Skin Deep and the January issue of ***. The tattoo was done by Nate Beavers.

Alien you just gave away part 2 of your question , did you mean to do that : )
  • Options
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    First hint:

It appeared in the Christmas '08 issue of Skin Deep and the January issue of ***. The tattoo was done by Nate Beavers.

Alien you just gave away part 2 of your question , did you mean to do that : )
    I most certainly did not, lol. I put the question up this morning right after I woke up, and had forgotten that I made it a two-parter, lol. Oh well, half of it is answered. I also edited it so you could read the title of the second magazine.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Well I'm just going to take a stab at it based on your username and say that the tattoo is of a predator. As in alien vs. predator
  • Options
    Thats it, shoot me your address and I'll get some sticks out to you!
  • Options
    Dang, I didn't expect to get it, I just took a stab in the dark. PM coming at you Alien and be on the lookout for my question, I've got to think of something good.
  • Options
    Ron, you've got mail.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    First hint:

It appeared in the Christmas '08 issue of Skin Deep and the January issue of P*rick. The tattoo was done by Nate Beavers.
    Hey alien.. Did you have that tattoo done in Texas.. I think I found the picture of it online.. Very nice, that guy does some fine work..
  • Options
    I actually had it done in Massachusetts at a convention there. Nate is from Texas though, around Houston. His shop is Epoch Tattoo.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I actually had it done in Massachusetts at a convention there. Nate is from Texas though, around Houston. His shop is Epoch Tattoo.
    That has to be the one .. How many hours did it take to get that done.
  • Options
    About 4 hours, he is amazing to watch work. It isn't so much that he tattoos fast, he just knows exactly what he is doing next all the time, so there is no hesitation. He is an amazing artist, I can't wait to get to Lousianna because I will only be about 3 hours from his studio.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    About 4 hours, he is amazing to watch work. It isn't so much that he tattoos fast, he just knows exactly what he is doing next all the time, so there is no hesitation. He is an amazing artist, I can't wait to get to Lousianna because I will only be about 3 hours from his studio.
    What will your next Beavers tattoo be ? I saw the Frankenstein piece and that one was pretty nice too. It looks like he does a fair amount of Vampire/monster work.
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    Dang, I didn't expect to get it, I just took a stab in the dark. PM coming at you Alien and be on the lookout for my question, I've got to think of something good.
    Sorry to take this off track Ron your question is up next.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    alienmisprint:
    What will your next Beavers tattoo be ? I saw the Frankenstein piece and that one was pretty nice too. It looks like he does a fair amount of Vampire/monster work.
    He does do alot of horror type stuff, but he also does about everything else. There aren't alot of artists out there that have his kind of range. My next piece by him is gonna be an Alien chest-buster somewhere on the same leg. I am doing a horror movie/ movie monster theme lower leg sleeve, after the chest-buster, I am getting a Critter, Freddy Kreuger and, if I can fit it, Pennywise from It. There is an artist in Midland, Michigan (English Jonny, Blackball Tattoo) that did a werewolf on the opposite side of my leg from the Predator. He has a much different style from Nate, but I really dig it alot too. I put a picture of the werewolf below. My lower leg is going to be done by these two guys.

imageimage
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That's some impressive work Tony. I'm not a tattoo guy myself, but I really admire the skill behind so many today.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I agree, Jozer...very impressive and I like tattoos, but they ain't. I'd always be worried what my crazy werewolf leg would look like when I was 80. My friend in high school got Chester Cheetah, the freakin Cheetos cat, on his leg. He regretted it about a week later. WTF??????????? Granted these are just a tad cooler than that. I guess I'm too practical.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I just can't see myself with an elaborate tattoo when I'm 60...it wouldn't look so elaborate then. I think of all the girls that get a rose tattoo that is "so cool", but when they hit about 45 it starts to look more like a wilted piece of spinach...not so cool then. But hey, if tattoos are your thing, then more power to you, I still think they look neat, but not for me.
  • Options
    Hey alien, something just came to mind.. Do you have to shave your leg(s) to keep the wolfman from getting too hairy? I know this guy that has a full back tattoo that needs to be shaven weekly.
  • Options
    I know what you guys are saying about aging, but honestly with the improvement in pigment quality in the last decade or so, tattoo longevity has significantly increased. Of course, any tattoo is going to need to be touched up after a long while, but with that and proper care, they can look good indefinately. And, when I am 80, I don't think I will really care about how I look, lol.

Kas- Thankfully, my legs aren't that hairy, but I do shave em (with clippers) if I am going to a convention or otherwise going to display the tattoo.

And my apologies for highjacking this thread, lol.
  • Options
    I too apologize for taking the Alien off track with all my questions. Ron it's all yours now..
  • Options
    Calling Mr Ron.....question time bro...
  • Options
    Sorry guys, I had stuff come up last week so I wasn't able to post a question. My "exploits" last week gave me an idea for my question though so here it is.

Last week I had to have my truck fixed and it was very expensive even though it was only one part/assembly that needed replaced. Fortunately iinsurance covered most of it under comprehensive so I just had to pay my deductible. So here are the questions. It will be a multi-part question and if nobody is able to get them all then we will go with whoever has the most after a period of time.

1. What is the make and model of the truck? (bonuses for the year and submodel)
    2. What needed to be replaced?
    3. What was the source of the damage?

Extra bonuses:
    Who is my insurance company?
    How much was the total repair bill?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Oh what the hell: Dodge Ram 1500
    Transmission
    Tranny blew up
    Progressive
    1500$
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    Sorry guys, I had stuff come up last week so I wasn't able to post a question. My "exploits" last week gave me an idea for my question though so here it is.

Last week I had to have my truck fixed and it was very expensive even though it was only one part/assembly that needed replaced. Fortunately iinsurance covered most of it under comprehensive so I just had to pay my deductible. So here are the questions. It will be a multi-part question and if nobody is able to get them all then we will go with whoever has the most after a period of time.

1. What is the make and model of the truck? (bonuses for the year and submodel)
    2. What needed to be replaced?
    3. What was the source of the damage?

Extra bonuses:
    Who is my insurance company?
    How much was the total repair bill?

Ron since comp covered it was it mechanical or body -is this too much of a hint?
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Come on gmill, call the rock in the windshield and be done with it, for pete's sake
  • Options
    OK, here's a couple hints for you all. It was not body damage but it wasn't really mechanical either but it can be said that the damage was the result of an act of nature. Other than that, the answers so far are not even close except that the cost is part of the way to what it actually was.

BTW, I wouldn't be caught driving a Dodge truck, I'd rather push mine if I had to.