Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    OK, question time.

I just started reading a novel that was published in 2003 and is part of a series of loosely connected novels revolving around one character. I'd like to know the author and title. The first hint I'll give is that the author in question has teamed up on two novels with a very famous writer. And away you go!.
    Okay... How about Lost Boy, Lost Girl... Peter Straub ? Just a Guess ..
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    OK, question time.

I just started reading a novel that was published in 2003 and is part of a series of loosely connected novels revolving around one character. I'd like to know the author and title. The first hint I'll give is that the author in question has teamed up on two novels with a very famous writer. And away you go!.
    Okay... How about Lost Boy, Lost Girl... Peter Straub ? Just a Guess ..
    Nice one Kas. You nailed it. Oh boy do I have a cigar for you too. I'll get something going for you tomorrow. What clue did it for you?
  • Options
    well, Google search with these words ..."2003 novel disappearance of nephew" pulled up amazon website for the book and as soon as I saw Straub I remembered Talisman and Blackhouse. I am a Hugh King fan. And knowing your penchant for similar work, I knew it had to be that.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Cool. I like how you put it all together.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I hate you both!!!! OK I'm over it.......Kas you sandbagin SOB!!!!......OK now I'm really over it. LOL Congrats Kas. I hope I get the next 1.
  • Options
    Dude Sorry I snipered you on that one... Let me see the next question would be .. What are Sandman1am's favorite three cigars ? ...
  • Options
    Camacho PE Graycliff 1666 Nica Libre
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Dude Sorry I snipered you on that one... Let me see the next question would be .. What are Sandman1am's favorite three cigars ? ...
    HAHAHA, the three he would have won if you didn't nad the win before he did!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    kaspera79:
    That's what I was thinking... So I'll give him the fair chance to win off me. He was the only one guessing and I just happened to see the game and jumped in. I hate snipers too.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    ejenne87:
    kaspera79:
    That's what I was thinking... So I'll give him the fair chance to win off me. He was the only one guessing and I just happened to see the game and jumped in. I hate snipers too.
    Too funny man! I'm not mad about not winning the cigars but stand up & classy to make it an easy win for me. Now let me seeeeeee.....I'm going to go with Tatuaje Havana VI, Camacho Pre-Embargo, & Rocky Patel Decade.....no wait make it Man O' War not RP. Whoa that was close I almost missed that last one!!!
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    kaspera79:
    ejenne87:
    kaspera79:
    Too funny man! I'm not mad about not winning the cigars but stand up & classy to make it an easy win for me. Now let me seeeeeee.....I'm going to go with Tatuaje Havana VI, Camacho Pre-Embargo, & Rocky Patel Decade.....no wait make it Man O' War not RP. Whoa that was close I almost missed that last one!!!
    Wow .. we have a winner ! Nice guess sandman.. Pm me your information and I will get something out to you.
  • Options
    Kas PM sent & thanks again that one was a toughy! I will have to think of one and get it posted by tomo.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Kas PM sent & thanks again that one was a toughy! I will have to think of one and get it posted by tomo.
    Hey sandman, when I got to the Post Office, they were locking the door. Closed early for the Holiday I guess. I will get back there on Saturday though.
  • Options
    No prob. Kas, I'm still thinking about the next challenge question.
  • Options
    OK this shouldn't be too hard but it was the only thing I could come up with. This is my favorite Super Hero!
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Based off of your screen name I was going to say Sandman, but he's a villain.

So.....the Hulk?
  • Options
    Hugemoose:

So.....the Hulk?
    That's like 2 guesses but no to both.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Sandman1am:
    Hugemoose:

So.....the Hulk?
    That's like 2 guesses but no to both.
    Haha sorry. I figured the Sandman wouldn't count anyway since he's a villain! I should have waited for the hints!! haha
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'll go with my favorite super-hero, Spider Man.
  • Options
    If the answer to this question is not Batman I have lost all faith in humanity...
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    It is obviously Wolverine
  • Options
    Alien, Evan, & Cooper all wrong!
  • Options
    This super hero flies.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Sandman1am:
    This super hero flies.
    SUPERMAN

Or Woman...

I should win, if for no other reason then this picture !
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Sandman1am:
    This super hero flies.
    SUPERMAN

Or Woman...

I should win, if for no other reason then this picture !
    Laker I have a new favorite Super Hero!!! I really do wish you were right but sorry that's not right.....but you can send more pics of my new hero.
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    captain marvel?
  • Options
    Iron Man..?
  • Options
    Evan and Cooper both no!
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Evan and Cooper both no!
    I'm gonna PM you my next guess...
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    Evan and Cooper both no!
    I'm gonna PM you my next guess...
    Evan are you trying to get the upper hand in this game?