Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

ETIQUETTE - TRADES, PASSES, BOMBS, ETC.

Comments

• greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    With all of the trades that I do, one of my biggest fears is that I would forget a trade. I would feel horrible.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    With all of the trades that I do, one of my biggest fears is that I would forget a trade. I would feel horrible.
    Lol....I think you could get a pass bro with all the genoristy you've shown. That and I'd imagine...you'd make good in a heartbeat. I look forward to trading with you again and am slowly building my arsenal.
    catfishbluezz:
    greg2648:
    Lol....I think you could get a pass bro with all the genoristy you've shown. That and I'd imagine...you'd make good in a heartbeat. I look forward to trading with you again and am slowly building my arsenal.
    Thank you for the kind words. I have actually woke up in the middle of the night because I couldnt remember if I sent my end out. Maybe I need to slow down. lol.
    greg2648:
    catfishbluezz:
    greg2648:
    Thank you for the kind words. I have actually woke up in the middle of the night because I couldnt remember if I sent my end out. Maybe I need to slow down. lol.
    i had that problem with orders....stuff just started showing up randomly form all over the place...with no regard as to my travels... I definately freaked out for a bit...then realized I needed to slow down.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    If I bomb not a problem don't expect things, but trades are different!!!!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    MVW67:
    If I bomb not a problem don't expect things, but trades are different!!!!!!
    sounds like two BOTL got ripped off on trades though...and to be honest, I would like to know at least via pm so I do not do business win them ya know? Bombs are bombs...but trades with no communiction and return is not cool.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    greg2648:
    I hear ya on that Greg, that has been a worry for me when doing a lot of trades. If that happens, I think how you handle it says the most about your character.
    j0z3r:
    greg2648:
    I hear ya on that Greg, that has been a worry for me when doing a lot of trades. If that happens, I think how you handle it says the most about your character.
    It is my sincere hope that If I missed something, someone would PM me. After all we are all brothers......
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Just found this post today, being a SOTL I found it to be very informative. Thanks for taking time to put this together
    greg2648:
    j0z3r:
    greg2648:
    It is my sincere hope that If I missed something, someone would PM me. After all we are all brothers......
    Exactly my thought on the matter.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    greg2648:
    j0z3r:
    greg2648:
    Exactly my thoughts, too. I pm'd him a few times and got no reply. Communication just fell off the face of the planet after he got my package which he grudgingly acknowledged. I've been torn about keeping this quiet as long as I have because he is highly regarded and has been upstanding and generous with many and he's not really active with trading anymore. I don't know why he did what he did but it really surprised me.
    bigharpoon:
    j0z3r:
    greg2648:
    j0z3r:
    greg2648:
    Exactly my thoughts, too. I pm'd him a few times and got no reply. Communication just fell off the face of the planet after he got my package which he grudgingly acknowledged. I've been torn about keeping this quiet as long as I have because he is highly regarded and has been upstanding and generous with many and he's not really active with trading anymore. I don't know why he did what he did but it really surprised me.
    Would I be prying too much if I asked you to pm me regarding this member's user name? I don't want to push you towards doing something you're possibly uncomfortable with, but I do think it is in everyone's interest that this information is know to at least a few.
    madurofan:
    Alright in light of some recent events I felt this was needed.

Definitions:
    Cigar Bombs - An unsolicited gift of cigars (or cigar stuff) sent via the mail from a Sibling of the Leaf.
    Trade - Pretty self explanatory but it is where two BOTLs engage in a swap of cigars with details worked out beforehand.
    Pass - When a group of cigars are packaged up and sent to another BOTL with the intention that that BOTL will take a predetermined number of cigars out and replace them with cigars of equal value.
    PIF - Pay It Forward- A game where you agree to be someone's "mooch" and accept a package of cigars from them. After agreeing to be their mooch you then post asking who wants to be your mooch and you in turn send a package of cigars to this person.
    There are other games going on in the forum including the MAW, and Fun and Games. If you have any questions about the rules feel free to PM a senior member who will give you the rules and inside scoop.

Some Guidelines:
    1. It's the thought that counts. Do not be offended at the contents or value of the contents in a package you receive.

2. Games, PIFs or Bombing someone is not the way to get rid of your Swisher Sweets. Use the Golden Rule. Give unto others what you would hope they would give to you.

3. Don't beg to be bombed. It's annoying and look what it got Saddam.

4. Acknowledge when you receive a package. The sender loves to see that happy reaction. Be aware that some people may wish that their package's contents remain classified. Ask before posting any details if you think the person may want the contents kept under-wraps.

5. Been Bombed? Return fire? That is up to you. A Bomb is given freely without the expectation of reward. But do you really want to let them get away hitting you?

6. Send a note. Go ahead and write a little note to the target. Let them know what you are sending them and why you like it.

7. Do not covet your neighbors package. At some point someone else will get cigars from a person who has sent to you. Don't compare. It is silly to feel cheated or jaded because someone else received a package that you would have preferred.

8. Don't use the N-word (Newbie) to describe people who have just started smoking cigars. We were all there at one point. If you are a member of cigar.com you are a Sibling of the Leaf no matter what your experience level.

9. Send what you can. When participating in a game or when bombing someone send what you can. Be aware of rules, i.e. 3 cigar minimum for the PIF, but feel free to send more. However, don't feel guilty if you can only send 3. Everyone else knows the rules and shouldn't be expecting more than the minimum.

10. Pass Participation. If you agree to participate, follow through! Do not agree to participate in a pass and then when it gets to you bail out for any reason. If you don't like the cigars in the pass, buck up princess, thats how it goes sometimes, find the ones you hate the least or that you could give to someoneone you know will like them. If the cigars are too high end for you collection check with the other members of the pass to see how to go about this. It may have been that someone was trying to be generous and it will be ok if you do the best you can to match. However, pay attention to the value of a pass before you agree to be involved.

Q and A:

Q: I begged to be bombed. Does everyone hate me?

A: No, I don't think so. But to be sure bomb someone quick!

Q: I got a cigar in a package that I know I don't like. What do I do?

A: Keep that knowledge to yourself. You can try and smoke the cigar and see if you still don't like it or you can keep it handy in your humi to give to another Sibling of the Leaf who may like it.

Q: I've just started smoking cigars but I want to get in on the games. My Humi selection is kinda lame. What should I do?

A: First of all don't worry. If its a bomb you can return fire now, later or not at all. Remember that Golden Rule? If you like the cigars in your humi, play with those. Send a note saying why you like them. You might be surprised to learn that others may never have tried a cigar in your collection. You can also go to your local B&M and get a few sticks you know the target would like.

Q: I sent a package someone but I forgot to leave a note. What will I do?

A: Relax, you can always send the note when the target has posted their acknowledgment.

Q: I want to bomb XXXXX. But I don't know their address, how can I get it?

A: Ask others who seem to know the target, they may know and keep the secret. If worse comes to worse, just ask the target. It wont be a surprise, but they should still be happy.

Q: Hey! How come they got an Opus X and all I got was Henry Clay?

A: Calm down there buddy. Someone thought of you and sent you some cigars. Be gracious.

Q: Who made you the Etiquette person on Cigar.com?

A: No one. I just like to spell Etiquette.

Q: I have a rash on my ...

A: Whoa! No! Don't tell me, I'm not an MD. Go to a Doctor.

I'll add the other Guidelines you may have.
    top pls
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I know I'm new to the forum and have only had a hand full of trades but this post bothers me so I had to add my two cents. I don't plan on going any where so when I trade I try to send the best I have it usually not opusx but it my usual smokes mostly aj and I really feel that if you make a deal and you don't cover your end you should be put on blast. If the person had a unexpected emergency and makes up for then they should be forgiven but I don't think those who make a trade for free cigars should be protectEd to burn the next botl. I saythis only because I could see this hurting this forum and ending trades for a lot of people who get burned.
    You're not wrong Gaetano, and your opinion is as valid as anyone's regardless of how long you've been here or how many trades you've done, those criteria don't define you in my eyes.
    MVW67:
    madurofan:

Definitions:
    Cigar Bombs - An unsolicited gift of cigars (or cigar stuff) sent via the mail from a Sibling of the Leaf.
    Trade - Pretty self explanatory but it is where two BOTLs engage in a swap of cigars with details worked out beforehand.
    Pass - When a group of cigars are packaged up and sent to another BOTL with the intention that that BOTL will take a predetermined number of cigars out and replace them with cigars of equal value.
    PIF - Pay It Forward- A game where you agree to be someone's "mooch" and accept a package of cigars from them. After agreeing to be their mooch you then post asking who wants to be your mooch and you in turn send a package of cigars to this person.
    There are other games going on in the forum including the MAW, and Fun and Games. If you have any questions about the rules feel free to PM a senior member who will give you the rules and inside scoop.

Some Guidelines:
    1. It's the thought that counts. Do not be offended at the contents or value of the contents in a package you receive.

2. Games, PIFs or Bombing someone is not the way to get rid of your Swisher Sweets. Use the Golden Rule. Give unto others what you would hope they would give to you.

4. Acknowledge when you receive a package. The sender loves to see that happy reaction. Be aware that some people may wish that their package's contents remain classified. Ask before posting any details if you think the person may want the contents kept under-wraps.

5. Been Bombed? Return fire? That is up to you. A Bomb is given freely without the expectation of reward. But do you really want to let them get away hitting you?

6. Send a note. Go ahead and write a little note to the target. Let them know what you are sending them and why you like it.

7. Do not covet your neighbors package. At some point someone else will get cigars from a person who has sent to you. Don't compare. It is silly to feel cheated or jaded because someone else received a package that you would have preferred.

8. Don't use the N-word (Newbie) to describe people who have just started smoking cigars. We were all there at one point. If you are a member of cigar.com you are a Sibling of the Leaf no matter what your experience level.

9. Send what you can. When participating in a game or when bombing someone send what you can. Be aware of rules, i.e. 3 cigar minimum for the PIF, but feel free to send more. However, don't feel guilty if you can only send 3. Everyone else knows the rules and shouldn't be expecting more than the minimum.

10. Pass Participation. If you agree to participate, follow through! Do not agree to participate in a pass and then when it gets to you bail out for any reason. If you don't like the cigars in the pass, buck up princess, thats how it goes sometimes, find the ones you hate the least or that you could give to someoneone you know will like them. If the cigars are too high end for you collection check with the other members of the pass to see how to go about this. It may have been that someone was trying to be generous and it will be ok if you do the best you can to match. However, pay attention to the value of a pass before you agree to be involved.

Q and A:

A: Keep that knowledge to yourself. You can try and smoke the cigar and see if you still don't like it or you can keep it handy in your humi to give to another Sibling of the Leaf who may like it.

Q: I've just started smoking cigars but I want to get in on the games. My Humi selection is kinda lame. What should I do?

A: First of all don't worry. If its a bomb you can return fire now, later or not at all. Remember that Golden Rule? If you like the cigars in your humi, play with those. Send a note saying why you like them. You might be surprised to learn that others may never have tried a cigar in your collection. You can also go to your local B&M and get a few sticks you know the target would like.

A: Relax, you can always send the note when the target has posted their acknowledgment.

A: Ask others who seem to know the target, they may know and keep the secret. If worse comes to worse, just ask the target. It wont be a surprise, but they should still be happy.

A: Calm down there buddy. Someone thought of you and sent you some cigars. Be gracious.

top pls
    +?
    MVW67:
    madurofan:

Definitions:

Some Guidelines:

Q and A:

top pls
    +??
    MVW67:
    MVW67:
    madurofan:

Definitions:

Some Guidelines:

Q and A:

top pls
    +??
    Bumpty 2
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Third time's a charm...
    madurofan:

Definitions:

Some Guidelines:

Q and A:

bump??
    MVW67:
    madurofan:

Definitions:

Some Guidelines:

Q and A:

bump??
    Againy
    madurofan:

Definitions:

Some Guidelines:

Q and A:

2 the top
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    With your attitude towards this subject I am surprised you want to kepp bringing it back up LMAO. When your address is found out... YOU'RE TOAST!
    laker1963:
    With your attitude towards this subject I am surprised you want to kepp bringing it back up LMAO. When your address is found out... YOU'RE TOAST!
    play nice
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    I have noticed that Mike likes to follow Proper Etiquette, and that all others are aware of it. Someone must have that address Laker, why don't they share it with you ?
    kaspera79:
    laker1963:
    I have noticed that Mike likes to follow Proper Etiquette, and that all others are aware of it. Someone must have that address Laker, why don't they share it with you ?
    quite you ghost!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Hey Mike, it's jelly time.............

bandyt09:
    laker1963:
    Hey Mike, it's jelly time.............

Really T, I thought, well you know!!! LOL
    MVW67:
    madurofan:

Definitions:

Some Guidelines:

Q and A:

2 the top
    top#?
    MVW67:
    madurofan:

Definitions:

Some Guidelines:

Q and A:

2 the top
    top#?