Home General Discussion
Options

An Open Letter

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
One of the things I have always loved about our little slice of heaven here at the Cigar.com forum is the great quality of people that come through it. I also love how you guys always seem to have our back when the occasional troll comes around with no other purpose than to disrupt our community. You guys truly protect this place and for that I am grateful. Sadly, I see more and more of these folks coming around every week, visiting for the sole purpose of acting like total jackasses and trying to issue spoiler after spoiler with a holier than thou attitude. Not once have I really I ever seen any of long standing regulars refer to someone as "noob" or go out of their way to exclude people from the forum or participating. You guys really are the reason I do what I do. I tell people all the time that "cigar people really are the most generous and gracious people in the world" and I think that gets exemplified here in our forum more than anywhere else. God bless and thank you for your business, for your loyalty and for being all around standup folks.

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words Alex. I've always noticed that even though the same questions get asked all the time we (the forum) are always willing to help, which is something most boards do not.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    The reason I keep coming back Alex, is because of you guys at Cigar.Com... I may not solely buy my stuff from you guys like others on here do, but I've sent many-a Cigar of the Month Customer here, and all my friends know to come here to buy cigars along with me!

in other words "I love you guys"
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Thanks Alex and I agree, this group is the best bunch of guys anywhere. I consider all the guys here my extended dysfunctional family! If anyone can believe it, most here are less dysfuntional than most of my real family... lol
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree, this is the friendliest of all forums. Everyone is welcomed, and encouraged to participate. And on the subject of being giving, have you seen the bombs going around the last couple of months? Thank you to "Swanson" and company, for putting on this forum, I needed another addiction. Tom
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Thanks Alex and I agree, this group is the best bunch of guys anywhere. I consider all the guys here my extended dysfunctional family! If anyone can believe it, most here are less dysfuntional than most of my real family... lol
    I always thought of you as my crazy cousin... lol
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    PuroFreak:
    The one with the lazy eye right? lol At least I'm not the creepy unlce that always wants to wrestle you shirtless... That would be Lassy right?
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, Alex. To be honest, CCom is one of the very few companies that still have that family feel to it. You guys treat us very well and I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we appreciate it. You and the rest of the CCom crew are the reason that we keep coming back. Not only that, this is by far, the most civilized and relaxed forum that I've ever been a part of. I'm proud to be a stogie nut.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:
    PuroFreak:
    The one with the lazy eye right? lol At least I'm not the creepy unlce that always wants to wrestle you shirtless... That would be Lassy right?
    rofl...
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    WHO WANTS TO RE-ENACT WRESTLEMANIA 4 WHEN THE HULK "very hungrily" BODY SLAMMED ANDRE THE GIANT??? HUH?

(let go of my shirt Denise!)

Come on boys! Let's wrestle your 'ole Uncle Lassy!!! What's the harm in that?

(NO Denise! It's NOT like last time.... I got COUNSELING!!!)

Come On BOYS!

(DAMMIT DENISE! So you helped me pay for the meetings, WE ALL CAN'T BE AN ALMIGHTY COURT ROOM STENOGRAPHER LIKE YYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU)

LET GO OF ME!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    WHO WANTS TO RE-ENACT WRESTLEMANIA 4 WHEN THE HULK "very hungrily" BODY SLAMMED ANDRE THE GIANT??? HUH?

(let go of my shirt Denise!)

Come on boys! Let's wrestle your 'ole Uncle Lassy!!! What's the harm in that?

(NO Denise! It's NOT like last time.... I got COUNSELING!!!)

Come On BOYS!

(DAMMIT DENISE! So you helped me pay for the meetings, WE ALL CAN'T BE AN ALMIGHTY COURT ROOM STENOGRAPHER LIKE YYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU)

LET GO OF ME!
    Wow... (slowly backs away and heads for the nearest exit.)
  • Options
    I may not have a very high post count, but I lurk here a lot. If Ccom keeps up the great work with great salespeople, great advice, and great deals, we'll keep coming back. :-)
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Thanks for the kind words Alex. C.Com knows how to treat people and that is because they are made up of a group of quality people themselves.

Trolls and C.COM wannabee's will come and go. We can smell them from a mile away.

The group of BOTL who visit here may not agree on everything... but I bet we all agree that C.COM is the best place to purchase cigars from for a completely satisfactory gauranteed transaction.

The personal service and way the reps. all make you feel like you are buying from a friend you can trust is not found at this level anywhere else. We got your back, cause you got ours.
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    laker1963:
    Thanks for the kind words Alex. C.Com knows how to treat people and that is because they are made up of a group of quality people themselves.

Trolls and C.COM wannabee's will come and go. We can smell them from a mile away.

The group of BOTL who visit here may not agree on everything... but I bet we all agree that C.COM is the best place to purchase cigars from for a completely satisfactory gauranteed transaction.

The personal service and way the reps. all make you feel like you are buying from a friend you can trust is not found at this level anywhere else. We got your back, cause you got ours.
    You said it all right there.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    One of the things I have always loved about our little slice of heaven here at the Cigar.com forum is the great quality of people that come through it. I also love how you guys always seem to have our back when the occasional troll comes around with no other purpose than to disrupt our community. You guys truly protect this place and for that I am grateful. Sadly, I see more and more of these folks coming around every week, visiting for the sole purpose of acting like total jackasses and trying to issue spoiler after spoiler with a holier than thou attitude. Not once have I really I ever seen any of long standing regulars refer to someone as "noob" or go out of their way to exclude people from the forum or participating. You guys really are the reason I do what I do. I tell people all the time that "cigar people really are the most generous and gracious people in the world" and I think that gets exemplified here in our forum more than anywhere else. God bless and thank you for your business, for your loyalty and for being all around standup folks.
    Thanks Alex, you all are pretty nice and stand-up folks at CCom...I'll continue doing business with you and hopefully more when I return home from Iraq :) Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    You know I hate to be that guy but ............ Just once it would be nice if Alex let his brigade partake in the " participating " that Alex so nicely mentioned ....... I mean come on Alex I dont think they would bomb us from the warehouse's inventory ....... LOL just messing and keep up the DD's and we'll protect our turf like a rabid wolverine or some other bad A$$ varmint.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    This is a truly awesome forum. The guys with huge post counts are always dealing out some sound advice without being snob-ish. Nobody that has an honest interest gets turned aside.The C.Com staff is first rate, the service is really what sets you guys apart. I will continue to bring my business here due to that. I feel the same about cigar folks - some of the best around!
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I love this place, love the customer service we get from Tim and the gang, I go out of my way when I run into fellow BORK's to tell them about the community here. (especially when I hear they order from Thompson's) I love it here, if not for this, I wouldn't have gotten to meet 5 BORK's and see one of the best stocked B&M's I've ever been too. Really as long things stay the way they are, we'll keep coming back Alex.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I wanted to come up with something profound to say here, but I went into my brain and all I got back was

Crickets

Donuts

Cigars

Ccom is the best cigar retailer

So there you have it - Ccom is the best place to buy, review, learn and argue about cigars!

• Options
    And it's still the best even when you're all the way across the water. I've got so much help from guys here who've been nothing but kind with their own time. Awesome community :D
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words Alex. I love being a part of these boards.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words Alex. Ccom is truly a unique place, customer service, the guys on the forum, etc. I don't know of any other place that would bother replacing 1 bad cigar out of an order, or for that matter, the Big Man himself taking it upon himself to send me 5 MoW Ruinations just because I had a bad experience from one and asking me just to give it another chance some day. This is truly a great place to be a part of, and this is why I keep coming back and have converted all my friends to Ccom. If it wasn't for Ccom, I wouldn't have met some great guys couple weeks ago and made new friends. Ccom forums to me is kinda like a gigantic virtual non-stop herf. It's great, keep it up Alex, we have a nice piece of cigar heaven here.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Thanks for the post alex although I dont spend thousands of dollars on cigars (but will if I get this new job) I try to keep my orders here if someone elese has it I just call and so far you have always matched it thats because you know its about coustmer service and I have never dealt with a company with better service and thats not just in the cigar industry.
    As a noob here on the site it is unbeleaveble how welcoming the guys here are even those who may not get along keep there Sh*& from cluttering up the site and put there differences aside this site is great and I hope it stays that way
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    forum group hug!!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason we are so loyal is because of the people at ccom. When my son and I met you at Cigar Fest, you went out of your way to make us feel at home, even introducing us to A.J. like we were your best friends.

All through that weekend, as busy and tired as you were, you took time with us and gave us the benefit of your experience. If anyone gives you trouble, I'll just call my uncle Guido and his cement truck!
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    kuzi16:
    forum group hug!!

hahaha, "not that theres anything wrong with that!"
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for saying this Alex. This is a sort of brotherhood that we keep coming back so see what we are all up to. Some guys for years, and others just on the start of the journey, It's my favorite place to spend my spare time.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    Thank you to "Swanson" and company, for putting on this forum, I needed another addiction. Tom
    AAAAHHAHAHAHA. It's officially out. Sorry Alex, but Sam made me do it. Either way, thank you and the entire crew at cigar.com for providing this forum, in addition to your wonderful customer service and top notch deals. There's nothing bad to say about this company (both cigar.com company and the company here on the forum).

Cheers!

P.S. Lassy: Hand over your man card for the "I love you guys" comment. ;)
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    I know that the loyality stems from the great people at cigar.com. The way you guys treat everyone is second to none.
  • Options
    Alex, Thankyou so much for all you do to help the people and the guys here. This site is truly amazing with their customer service...I have turned numerous guys on to the site for the sole fact you guys are amazing. I would completely agree that cigar people are the most generous you can find. You kept us updated on your trip which you truly did not need to, but it included all of us and for that we loved it. I hope you got me a shot glass! lol...jk. For those trolls who come here to disrupt stuff, we will keep them at bay big time. I have helped numerous people get started here and will make a vouch for them. Alex and the cigar.com staff, thankyou for everything you do.!
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Alex, Thankyou so much for all you do to help the people and the guys here. This site is truly amazing with their customer service...I have turned numerous guys on to the site for the sole fact you guys are amazing. I would completely agree that cigar people are the most generous you can find. You kept us updated on your trip which you truly did not need to, but it included all of us and for that we loved it. I hope you got me a shot glass! lol...jk. For those trolls who come here to disrupt stuff, we will keep them at bay big time. I have helped numerous people get started here and will make a vouch for them. Alex and the cigar.com staff, thankyou for everything you do.!
    Hear Hear! We all love what you guys do for us, you go above and beyond on a daily basis, nobody else would have posted a play by play in Nicaragua like you did Sir, and even better you showed us pictures... maybe not of the factories like some of us would have liked to seen... or seen more of, but again like everyone said or will say you guys are the best.