laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Ken Light:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    This needs a bump.
    No, not so much anymore, sadly.
    Eh..it was so much better here three years ago? To each his own.
    Yeah... yeah it was.
    It's better now. Much less drama.
    Well at least it has not lost the ability for EVERYONE to have their own opinion. I can respect that.
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Thanks Alex, at least I hope you are talking to me. I love this place, and the guys on here. They welcomed me with open arms when i first signed up, and I have herfed with some, made some good friends, and will herf with others in the future.
  • Options
    Vision:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    This needs a bump.
    Yeah... yeah it was.
    Laker....no one is begging you to stay. Bounce. Enjoy UH...
    HOLY ***! WHO SAID THEY WERE? Maybe my last post should be revised. Maybe EVERYONE is NOT entitled to their own opinion. LMAO
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Let's clear some air, and here's my perspective on all that has happened. Three or so years ago there were some great guys that posted here and this place was amazing for a while, but eventually the little secret gets out and the place gets crowded. A subset of those fantastic BOTLs got uncomfortable with changes that were going to happen naturally when the place grew and expanded. There were growing pains, and with that came lots of drama, and eventually some guys who preferred a smaller fish tank found that smaller fish tank to swim around in and enjoy. Now that they've left, those of us that were comfortable in the larger tank are settling in and now there are two great places to hang out. To each his own, or both, whatever the case may be. Love and respect all around. Or at least I hope that's where this ends because anything else would be too upsetting.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    This needs a bump.
    Yeah... yeah it was.
    I know I wasn't around 3 years ago, but how u say it was better 3 years ago or maybe 2? Cause I think this place is awesome now, unless I'm missing something I c no drama, and a bunch of guys who take of each other. Just my thoughts, but I'm a nobody.
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    This needs a bump.
    Yeah... yeah it was.
    I know I wasn't around 3 years ago, but how u say it was better 3 years ago or maybe 2? Cause I think this place is awesome now, unless I'm missing something I c no drama, and a bunch of guys who take of each other. Just my thoughts, but I'm a nobody.
    +1
  • Options
    Glock1975:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    This needs a bump.
    Yeah... yeah it was.
    GLOCK! You are a SOMEBODY buddy. There is no reason to put yourself down just because you have not been here forever. You have an opinion that is every bit as relevant as anyone elses.

This has got blown out of proportion because I voiced my opinion. I should have known better I guess.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Glock1975:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    This needs a bump.
    Yeah... yeah it was.
    GLOCK! You are a SOMEBODY buddy. There is no reason to put yourself down just because you have not been here forever. You have an opinion that is every bit as relevant as anyone elses.

This has got blown out of proportion because I voiced my opinion. I should have known better I guess.
    Thanks Bro, I just think this place and its members are the best, I have never had a problem with anyone here, makes me feel better just getting on here and seeing the love people spread to each other.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    laker1963:
    Glock1975:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    This needs a bump.
    Yeah... yeah it was.

Thanks Bro, I just think this place and its members are the best, I have never had a problem with anyone here, makes me feel better just getting on here and seeing the love people spread to each other.
    You missed nothing Ray. A lot less "opinions" nowadays, a lot more brotherhood. It's improved dramatically since a bunch of folks left honestly. Be glad you missed the entitlement crowd...
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Glock1975:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    This needs a bump.
    Yeah... yeah it was.

C'mon, man, that's not fair. Your first comment basically said Alex shouldn't appreciate the forum anymore, because it's no longer full of good people. And you posted it ON that forum, for those people who you've called not good people, to read. Are some going to react strongly to that? Yes. Yes, and they probably should! Because, whether you want to see it or not, it might not be the same folks here now as it was 3 years ago, but this forum is still full of great people!

It wasn't your opinion, I completely respect your opinion and those who share it, but it was your approach that was a problem. You took a bump for a thread to make people feel good and shat all over it. If you have no love or respect for the people here, that's fine, but there's no need to **** on us like that.
  • Options
    See what you missed Ray? Lol... I'll stop here, so as not to perpetuate any more drama we haven't seen in months and get back to sharing the love.

P.S. Excellent posts Ken, thank you
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! I can't believe it has been nearly 4 years since I joined this community. I'd say the community is as strong as it's ever been. There are some who were sad to see go, but there's plenty that we've been glad to welcome. Hell, I've come and gone a couple times. Overall, this is still a great place to be and I can't think of many other places online like it.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    One of the things I have always loved about our little slice of heaven here at the Cigar.com forum is the great quality of people that come through it. I also love how you guys always seem to have our back when the occasional troll comes around with no other purpose than to disrupt our community. You guys truly protect this place and for that I am grateful. Sadly, I see more and more of these folks coming around every week, visiting for the sole purpose of acting like total jackasses and trying to issue spoiler after spoiler with a holier than thou attitude. Not once have I really I ever seen any of long standing regulars refer to someone as "noob" or go out of their way to exclude people from the forum or participating. You guys really are the reason I do what I do. I tell people all the time that "cigar people really are the most generous and gracious people in the world" and I think that gets exemplified here in our forum more than anywhere else. God bless and thank you for your business, for your loyalty and for being all around standup folks.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Alex Svenson:
    One of the things I have always loved about our little slice of heaven here at the Cigar.com forum is the great quality of people that come through it. I also love how you guys always seem to have our back when the occasional troll comes around with no other purpose than to disrupt our community. You guys truly protect this place and for that I am grateful. Sadly, I see more and more of these folks coming around every week, visiting for the sole purpose of acting like total jackasses and trying to issue spoiler after spoiler with a holier than thou attitude. Not once have I really I ever seen any of long standing regulars refer to someone as "noob" or go out of their way to exclude people from the forum or participating. You guys really are the reason I do what I do. I tell people all the time that "cigar people really are the most generous and gracious people in the world" and I think that gets exemplified here in our forum more than anywhere else. God bless and thank you for your business, for your loyalty and for being all around standup folks.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Rain:
    Alex Svenson:
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I've been on this forum for a year know and can say I'm really glad I joined. I've seen a lot of changes happen some good and some bad. There was that guy that loved cigars that rocked this place while I was on vacation. A lot of new guys that have showed up and jumped right in to make it the place that it is. I've been quiet for a bit only because I changed jobs and have been working a lot but I will always call this place home and you guys make me proud to be BOTL. I tell people all the time how generous the people on this forum are and no one believes me because today's world is different than the forum. This is a great place to hang made that way by the people who also call it home. We fight and argue at times but that what families do but we learn from it and are stronger because of it.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    That makes sense, because say...five people leave here. One guy says "CCom sucks." The other four agree. Then to those five people..CCom sucks. That's their opinion, and they are not wrong to have it.A good example is Seagar. If you go ask him, I bet he has nothing nice to say. If you get five other trolls, then they will all have the same opinion.My point is about people who don't like it here but stay. If you go to a place and order a steak...and then they bring you a hamburger, you're going to leave. If you ever go back to that place and order a steak and get a hamburger, then that's your own fault.PS - Missed part of my reply. I'm not saying people can't leave, find a better place and then talk about how much better it is. I'm saying that if people do that and are STILL at CCom...well, that's just wrong.
    I can agree with this. The problem is I NEVER said that C.Com or any members here sucked. Did I? Yet in your analogy now I'm a troll because of what I said?

Your analogy of the restaurant is a good one. If I had said that C.com sucked (I didn't) then if I came here and expected anything less, you are correct, that would be my fault. If however I came into a restaurant which in the past (longer then 3 years BTW) had been exceptional and now was not as exceptional would I be a fool to have gone in there? Or is it wrong to voice my opinion on that? Is free speech only protected when it follows popular consent?

Finally, the letter from Alex was written 2 1/2 years ago, so it was not written to a lot of the guy's who have commented here even, LOL. Yet you take offense? The real problems and drama happened to start about 3 years ago not in some distant past. Prior to that C.Com was even better then it is today. That is was I meant, that is what I tried to say, and anyone who says or think different is entitled to that opinion the same as I am mine, and I won't feel in the least inclinded to go all negative on anyone for that.

This post is not intended to further this as an arguement but is intended as an explanation of my opinion. To those who feel, or felt offended... quit being so sensitive, I never said a word about a single person here in this thread. You read what you wanted to into my comments.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Ken Light:
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Let's clear some air, and here's my perspective on all that has happened. Three or so years ago there were some great guys that posted here and this place was amazing for a while, but eventually the little secret gets out and the place gets crowded. A subset of those fantastic BOTLs got uncomfortable with changes that were going to happen naturally when the place grew and expanded. There were growing pains, and with that came lots of drama, and eventually some guys who preferred a smaller fish tank found that smaller fish tank to swim around in and enjoy. Now that they've left, those of us that were comfortable in the larger tank are settling in and now there are two great places to hang out. To each his own, or both, whatever the case may be. Love and respect all around. Or at least I hope that's where this ends because anything else would be too upsetting.
    That's a pretty good insight.

I don't know what all the drama was about, or the particulars regarding why some of the longstanding members left, but this forum has changed. I only hope that I wasn't part of the reason people left.

There are very few social associations of human beings that do not change, and often, when change happens it is because of some discontent. Nobody is perfect, and people often will rub others the wrong way. Personally I always find it a bit sad when things like that happen, because some top notch people picked up and left; but I've never been able to figure out how to prevent things like that from happening.

The only thing to do now is to try and make this forum as good as we can possibly make it. I hope this statement wasn't out of line, because I wish things had not gone the way they did, but they did, and now I think we ought to try and make the best of it.

• Options
    JDH:
    Ken Light:
    That's a pretty good insight.

I don't know what all the drama was about, or the particulars regarding why some of the longstanding members left, but this forum has changed. I only hope that I wasn't part of the reason people left.

There are very few social associations of human beings that do not change, and often, when change happens it is because of some discontent. Nobody is perfect, and people often will rub others the wrong way. Personally I always find it a bit sad when things like that happen, because some top notch people picked up and left; but I've never been able to figure out how to prevent things like that from happening.

The only thing to do now is to try and make this forum as good as we can possibly make it. I hope this statement wasn't out of line, because I wish things had not gone the way they did, but they did, and now I think we ought to try and make the best of it.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'd also add that these great guys didn't vanish, they moved, and they'd welcome anyone who wants to be there with open arms. There is no reason whatsoever not to participate in both forums and still try to make this one as killer as possible.
  • Options
    I find it rather interesting that the ones whom complained or left now need moderation to coexist... I haven't had a bad experience here since seagar left or the others. I had one within a week at UH...fitting. Nothing against Mike who rules, but I won't be spending much time over there with the Ego and Entitlement crew, they need moderators for a reason.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The size of this forums membership makes it likely to be affected by personality conflicts.

It's that simple... If you don't like what you read, you don't have to continue to make contributions to that thread, or in some cases, personal comments about another forum members beliefs or opinions.
    While you may be making opinions of someone, there are others making opinions of you as well.
    I sometimes feel lost among the membership here, so many people I can't remember them all. But, at one time I knew something about every active member here.
    Small was good when this forum was small, but it is not any more. Take what you enjoy from it, and let the others enjoy what they like from it.
    There are hundreds of great people here, find a group who you most closely associate with, and try not to offend anyone.
    One more thing... Nobody likes to be embarrassed on the open forum. Place yourself on the receiving end of your intended post and decide if you should maybe choose a PM instead.
  • Options
    I firmly believe this thread needs some Journey. On behalf of the Kid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    I find it rather interesting that the ones whom complained or left now need moderation to coexist... I haven't had a bad experience here since seagar left or the others. I had one within a week at UH...fitting. Nothing against Mike who rules, but I won't be spending much time over there with the Ego and Entitlement crew, they need moderators for a reason.

Can I kiss you in a no h to the omo way?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    catfishbluezz:

BRO! I sent you a text two hours ago. No answer, I'm crying...and then I find you with Dustin!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    The size of this forums membership makes it likely to be affected by personality conflicts.

It's that simple... If you don't like what you read, you don't have to continue to make contributions to that thread, or in some cases, personal comments about another forum members beliefs or opinions.
    While you may be making opinions of someone, there are others making opinions of you as well.
    I sometimes feel lost among the membership here, so many people I can't remember them all. But, at one time I knew something about every active member here.
    Small was good when this forum was small, but it is not any more. Take what you enjoy from it, and let the others enjoy what they like from it.
    There are hundreds of great people here, find a group who you most closely associate with, and try not to offend anyone.
    One more thing... Nobody likes to be embarrassed on the open forum. Place yourself on the receiving end of your intended post and decide if you should maybe choose a PM instead.
    I am pretty sure that was directed at me...which I am cool with...maybe deserved. But the comment I responded to in my opinion wasnt needed. Rain was expressing how he like the forum. I don't think a shot at the forum nor its members was called for. We don't need negative crap here.
  • Options
    Vision:
    catfishbluezz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5pUOVC50Y8
  • Options
    Vision:
    kaspera79:

I am pretty sure that was directed at me...which I am cool with...maybe deserved. But the comment I responded to in my opinion wasnt needed. Rain was expressing how he like the forum. I don't think a shot at the forum nor its members was called for. We don't need negative crap here.
    Save the negativity for those that need moderators bro.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Vision:
    kaspera79:

Oh wait...you...nvm
  • Options
    RickrollRickroll Posts: 58
    Rain:
    Vision:
    catfishbluezz:

BRO! I sent you a text two hours ago. No answer, I'm crying...and then I find you with Dustin!!!!!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
  • Options
    RickrollRickroll Posts: 58
    catfishbluezz:
    catfishbluezz:
    Vision:
    kaspera79:

Oh wait...you...nvm
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeyEGebJ1l4