Home General Discussion
Options

An Open Letter

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess my iPad won't play the Journey on here, D A M N.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    One of the things I have always loved about our little slice of heaven here at the Cigar.com forum is the great quality of people that come through it. I also love how you guys always seem to have our back when the occasional troll comes around with no other purpose than to disrupt our community. You guys truly protect this place and for that I am grateful. Sadly, I see more and more of these folks coming around every week, visiting for the sole purpose of acting like total jackasses and trying to issue spoiler after spoiler with a holier than thou attitude. Not once have I really I ever seen any of long standing regulars refer to someone as "noob" or go out of their way to exclude people from the forum or participating. You guys really are the reason I do what I do. I tell people all the time that "cigar people really are the most generous and gracious people in the world" and I think that gets exemplified here in our forum more than anywhere else. God bless and thank you for your business, for your loyalty and for being all around standup folks.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    photo photo_cantwealljustgetalong.jpg
  • Options
    I know what would be good for everyone to get along, come play some poker tomorrow night. Lol
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000ThreadJacker3000 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Glock1975:
    I know what would be good for everyone to get along, come play some poker tomorrow night. Lol
    How dare you!
  • Options
    ThreadJacker3000:
    Glock1975:
    How dare you!
    See TJ3000, if u come play poker with us, we would know where to send the cigars if u won.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a single point of reference I would like to make a statement. Those that know me well also know my track record and that (at least to my knowledge) have never once attacked anyone and even if I disagree with something I will just let it be and walk away to keep the peace. So what I say here really is to that end. I will attack no one, no forum and do my best to honestly be unbiased and just state an opinion nothing more.. Please take it or leave it, but at least I would ask to remember it is just an opinion not truth.

I am a member of both forums in question in this thread and friends with the majority of everyone that has posted or been discussed in this thread or not. I will never jump into an argument between two friends because at the end of the day I would end up losing one of them as a friend. I will say that of the people on each side of the fence here from both forums that I have previously known to returning to Ccom a few days ago, all of them are amazing human beings and BOTL from my experience and dealings with them since the moment I knew them. Laker was the very first person to sponsor me when I first joined here, and Dustin was a great friend who has been immensely generous and kind to me just as James40 has been as well. All of these guys are great guys in my book and that is simply how I feel. I respect the fact that others may feel differently, but wouldn't it be a very boring world if we ALL agreed on the same things? Vision and Rain, I've heard great things about you guys from other members just as I know from my personal dealings with Laker and James that they were great guys to me. I will not pass judgement on you guys or anyone else until I can have a personal and long term dealing with them myself.

We (human beings and BOTL) will always have points of contention from time to time, and there will always be things that we all say over the course of time that looking back we might have done different or said differently. Each forum has its ups and downs and strong points and weak points. Every forum will go through social shifts and changes. It's a natural occurrence and some will like it, some will hate it, and some won't really care one way or the other. I left here and wasn't on ANY forum for quite some time due to personal health issues and family needing me more. When I got more time I ended up coming back. Even if people don't like how it has changed or not changed I have no more right than them to be here or not. All of us, whether we have been coming to Ccom for a day or a decade, have equal rights to get on the forum and post regardless of what is posting. The fact is that we have awesome brothers here even if not all of them get along all the time, and regardless of what is said I still will be here and if I don't want to respond or be involved with something I won't.

Now, I'm off my dumb ol' soapbox but all that I was trying to give was a different perspective as someone involved in both forums and someone who is friends closely with people from both forums. I'm not offended by anyone in this thread talking about either forum simply because I chose not to be and that was my choice. I care for many many of the brothers involved here and that won't change, hope that helps guys.

Long ashes,
    Brett.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brett, well said my friend..it amazes me how level headed you are and appreciate you giving us your take on things. Now...lets smoke some cigars!!
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    As a single point of reference I would like to make a statement. Those that know me well also know my track record and that (at least to my knowledge) have never once attacked anyone and even if I disagree with something I will just let it be and walk away to keep the peace. So what I say here really is to that end. I will attack no one, no forum and do my best to honestly be unbiased and just state an opinion nothing more.. Please take it or leave it, but at least I would ask to remember it is just an opinion not truth.

I am a member of both forums in question in this thread and friends with the majority of everyone that has posted or been discussed in this thread or not. I will never jump into an argument between two friends because at the end of the day I would end up losing one of them as a friend. I will say that of the people on each side of the fence here from both forums that I have previously known to returning to Ccom a few days ago, all of them are amazing human beings and BOTL from my experience and dealings with them since the moment I knew them. Laker was the very first person to sponsor me when I first joined here, and Dustin was a great friend who has been immensely generous and kind to me just as James40 has been as well. All of these guys are great guys in my book and that is simply how I feel. I respect the fact that others may feel differently, but wouldn't it be a very boring world if we ALL agreed on the same things? Vision and Rain, I've heard great things about you guys from other members just as I know from my personal dealings with Laker and James that they were great guys to me. I will not pass judgement on you guys or anyone else until I can have a personal and long term dealing with them myself.

We (human beings and BOTL) will always have points of contention from time to time, and there will always be things that we all say over the course of time that looking back we might have done different or said differently. Each forum has its ups and downs and strong points and weak points. Every forum will go through social shifts and changes. It's a natural occurrence and some will like it, some will hate it, and some won't really care one way or the other. I left here and wasn't on ANY forum for quite some time due to personal health issues and family needing me more. When I got more time I ended up coming back. Even if people don't like how it has changed or not changed I have no more right than them to be here or not. All of us, whether we have been coming to Ccom for a day or a decade, have equal rights to get on the forum and post regardless of what is posting. The fact is that we have awesome brothers here even if not all of them get along all the time, and regardless of what is said I still will be here and if I don't want to respond or be involved with something I won't.

Now, I'm off my dumb ol' soapbox but all that I was trying to give was a different perspective as someone involved in both forums and someone who is friends closely with people from both forums. I'm not offended by anyone in this thread talking about either forum simply because I chose not to be and that was my choice. I care for many many of the brothers involved here and that won't change, hope that helps guys.

Long ashes,
    Brett.

I was going to hold my tongue until I read your post, Little Brother. Well said, sir. I've always felt that unless something personally affects you then let bygones be bygones. We're all adults so just let it go. As a member of both forums in question I have no hard feelings or discontent toward any member. Sure, I disappeared for a while but now I'm back in full force. If the world weighs so heavily on you then take a step back, have a couple draws from a good cigar, do a shot and let it slide.
    "Let's just take a day. Have you ever tried shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it."
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Brett, well said my friend..it amazes me how level headed you are and appreciate you giving us your take on things. Now...lets smoke some cigars!!
    Thank you Jim, that really does mean a ton coming from you and I really appreciate that :) And agreed, time to smoke!!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:

Long ashes,
    Brett.

I was going to hold my tongue until I read your post, Little Brother. Well said, sir. I've always felt that unless something personally affects you then let bygones be bygones. We're all adults so just let it go. As a member of both forums in question I have no hard feelings or discontent toward any member. Sure, I disappeared for a while but now I'm back in full force. If the world weighs so heavily on you then take a step back, have a couple draws from a good cigar, do a shot and let it slide.
    "Let's just take a day. Have you ever tried shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it."
    Thank you big brother, I always appreciate your take on things and it means the world to hear your kind words thank you! And I love the quote btw lol!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    +1
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:

Long ashes,
    Brett.
    While this is all true, I can't help but recognize the cause and effect that's happened here. Bunch of guys leave, drama leaves. Some of them return, drama returns. That's what we science folk call a natural experiment right there. I have no problem with people coming back and posting to both forums, I think it's great, but only if they can do so without their panties getting all bunched every other minute. Not that anyone needs my stupid approval, I'm not saying that so don't call me arrogant, I'm just making a suggestion, take it or leave it.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Bunch of guys leave, drama leaves. Some of them return, drama returns. That's what we science folk call a natural experiment right there. .
    Bingo....

Let's get back Rain's original intent of reminding us how awesome this place was please.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Ken Light:
    Bunch of guys leave, drama leaves. Some of them return, drama returns. That's what we science folk call a natural experiment right there. .
    Bingo....

Let's get back Rain's original intent of reminding us how awesome this place was please.
    + 1
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    One of the things I have always loved about our little slice of heaven here at the Cigar.com forum is the great quality of people that come through it. I also love how you guys always seem to have our back when the occasional troll comes around with no other purpose than to disrupt our community. You guys truly protect this place and for that I am grateful. Sadly, I see more and more of these folks coming around every week, visiting for the sole purpose of acting like total jackasses and trying to issue spoiler after spoiler with a holier than thou attitude. Not once have I really I ever seen any of long standing regulars refer to someone as "noob" or go out of their way to exclude people from the forum or participating. You guys really are the reason I do what I do. I tell people all the time that "cigar people really are the most generous and gracious people in the world" and I think that gets exemplified here in our forum more than anywhere else. God bless and thank you for your business, for your loyalty and for being all around standup folks.

i was not going to say anything on this, but you guys need to chill out,
    by reading this there seems to be alot of animosity and personal issues here that is not really related to the current forum itself,
    at one time or another people will have issues, its going to happen.
    this should not be a "who gave the most" or "who's the the better BOTL",
    it's a forum to share knowledge and gain some, to chit chat with your fellow smokers about any cigar related things.
    theirs a non cigar board to chat about what you feel like
    and yes i have issues with a few people, but a posting like this, that was directed at the c.com forum itself as a whole should not been used to stir up that and this drama.
    everyone has the people they assiociate with, may not be the same as the next, but thats o.k. its a open forum.
    there are older members that have been here for yrs, and there are members that come and go, i been here on off for yrs. depends on work schedules and how often i'm smoking, and theres the newer members, we are all not going to see eye to eye on things,
    again thats o.k.
    but it should not turn into a "what have you done for me lately" or " i have done more for anyone then anyone else" thing, if thats the case then you guys are missing the point of being a cigar smoker and a BOTL, OR my definition of both is totally different then the masses.
    so get it together and move forward.
    alot better things to talk and gripe about then people here or on another forum
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    Alex Svenson:

by reading this there seems to be alot of animosity and personal issues here that is not really related to the current forum itself,
    it's a forum to share knowledge and gain some, to chit chat with your fellow smokers about any cigar related things.
    and yes i have issues with a few people, but a posting like this, that was directed at the c.com forum itself as a whole should not been used to stir up that and this drama.
    everyone has the people they assiociate with, may not be the same as the next, but thats o.k. its a open forum.
    there are older members that have been here for yrs, and there are members that come and go, i been here on off for yrs. depends on work schedules and how often i'm smoking, and theres the newer members, we are all not going to see eye to eye on things,
    again thats o.k.
    but it should not turn into a "what have you done for me lately" or " i have done more for anyone then anyone else" thing, if thats the case then you guys are missing the point of being a cigar smoker and a BOTL, OR my definition of both is totally different then the masses.
    Thank YOU!!!!! Some sage words there my friend!!!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    Alex Svenson:

again thats o.k.
    Thank YOU!!!!! Some sage words there my friend!!!

Well said TheDJFish and Rudy I replied back.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Guys, I just want to apologize for my behavior, especially with it being in this thread. I think I over reacted to something that probably wasn't meant towards me. Sometimes you get tunnel vision and are blind to what you're doing and to receiving help. I exemplified this to a tee.

Pelirrojo, you were right and I was wrong. I should have taken this to PM's. Thanks for trying to help me.

Thanks.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    No worries. I think you just proved what kind of a great BOTL you are. I never had a doubt, and for that we thank you.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    In the paraphased words of "The Godfather"......START ACTING LIKE A MAN!!! Leave the middle school drama elsewhere including the suggestions on how to carry oneself and strokejobs of how great we all are and what a BOTL is. Lets get back to talking about cigars, beer, women, guns, farts, golf, ect. These threads are like bad MTV epidsodes where everyone thinks their idea will open eyes, and while I may be guilty for posting here too now------just stop. Not directed at anyone as I didnt even read all the posts, just stop talking about something and it will disappear.