mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Vision:
    Really guys? This is still going on?
    +1 let's move on..please
    +2
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    It's cool that everyone gets different things from the forums and has different ideas. For example, I don't use anything like pelirrojo's rules when I post. If I see something and want to respond, I do. I come here to learn about cigars, people and life lessons...and I have for sure learned things about all three. I've also met people over the internet (insert joke here) that I think of as very good friends.Wait, we have a sherriff?! And why don't I have a ROFLcopter...
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    It's cool that everyone gets different things from the forums and has different ideas. For example, I don't use anything like pelirrojo's rules when I post. If I see something and want to respond, I do. I come here to learn about cigars, people and life lessons...and I have for sure learned things about all three. I've also met people over the internet (insert joke here) that I think of as very good friends.Wait, we have a sherriff?! And why don't I have a ROFLcopter...
    imageimage
  • Options
    That...is freaking AWESOME!!!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Rain:
    That...is freaking AWESOME!!!
    That is freaking awesome. How do you get the HTML code to make it move like that?
  • Options
    I think it's a GIF. If it's HTML...I have no idea.
  • Options
    Rain:
    I think it's a GIF. If it's HTML...I have no idea.
    GIF HTML JPEG. DEWD I just threw out my whole computer jargon vocabulary LMAO.

So the GIFS are funny pictures that move? OK I thought that was emoticons. Hey I know another computer word!
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    pelirrojo:
    james40:
    pelirrojo:
    james40:
    catfishbluezz:
    I find it rather interesting that the ones whom complained or left now need moderation to coexist... I haven't had a bad experience here since seagar left or the others. I had one within a week at UH...fitting. Nothing against Mike who rules, but I won't be spending much time over there with the Ego and Entitlement crew, they need moderators for a reason.

As a member of both forums(I would fall under whom complained), could you please provide specific examples of my behavior that demonstrates this?

I would think that might best be handled through PM rather than the open forum.
    I'm sure you do but if my reputation is going to be publicly trashed, then it's going to be publicly defended.

Funny, I didn't see your name mentioned anywhere.
    DEWD, I didn't see any names anywhere yet this whole thing started without so much as a name being mentioned. Those comments placed into this discussion paints a WHOLE lot of people with the same brush. I haven't gone anywhere in the ensuing time and things haven't changed around here one bit. Except for the fact that a few guy's with a couple thousand post counts feel like the new law in town. ROFLMAO... I do believe that is what they always *** about when talking about some BOTL who have left. (Shaking head)
    Ok.. I was going to let this go.... but why are you still here talking ill about the forum.... your last 20 or so post are how this place is so bad. Hasnt your bus left? You do nothing but start trouble. You never offer help or insight. I have never seen you once take care of another member. You are the opposite of what this forum stands for. You are a self loathing person who hates everything good about this forum. While some of us "Couple thousand posters" try to help each other out you just try to tear it down. Dont PM me ....I have nothing left to say to you
  • Options
    Vision:
    laker1963:
    pelirrojo:
    james40:
    pelirrojo:
    james40:
    catfishbluezz:
    I find it rather interesting that the ones whom complained or left now need moderation to coexist... I haven't had a bad experience here since seagar left or the others. I had one within a week at UH...fitting. Nothing against Mike who rules, but I won't be spending much time over there with the Ego and Entitlement crew, they need moderators for a reason.

As a member of both forums(I would fall under whom complained), could you please provide specific examples of my behavior that demonstrates this?

I'm sure you do but if my reputation is going to be publicly trashed, then it's going to be publicly defended.

DEWD, I didn't see any names anywhere yet this whole thing started without so much as a name being mentioned. Those comments placed into this discussion paints a WHOLE lot of people with the same brush. I haven't gone anywhere in the ensuing time and things haven't changed around here one bit. Except for the fact that a few guy's with a couple thousand post counts feel like the new law in town. ROFLMAO... I do believe that is what they always *** about when talking about some BOTL who have left. (Shaking head)
    Ok.. I was going to let this go.... why are you still here talking ill about the forum.... your last 20 or so post are how this place is so bad. Hasnt your bus left?
    Here is an idea for you Vision... try sounding this out if you can.

FA Q

You were "going to let this go"? WHO the FU CK are YOU? You haven't read my last 20 or so posts or you would know that the discussion has morphed. WOW are you FUC KING ARROGANT MAN! When I need YOUR permission to do anything or go anywhere then rest assured that I will be gone. In the mean time if you don't like what I post do like you and others have suggested to others here and don't read them. If you want to keep this going by posting crap like that then you bet I am here all night every night. WOW, I was just talking about something like this with someone not 20 minutes ago. I wonder if they see what I mean now LMAO. This was as good as dead, but if you like beating a dead horse go for it.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Vision:
    laker1963:
    pelirrojo:
    james40:
    pelirrojo:
    james40:
    catfishbluezz:

Ok.. I was going to let this go.... why are you still here talking ill about the forum.... your last 20 or so post are how this place is so bad. Hasnt your bus left?

FA Q

You were "going to let this go"? WHO the FU CK are YOU? You haven't read my last 20 or so posts or you would know that the discussion has morphed. WOW are you FUC KING ARROGANT MAN! When I need YOUR permission to do anything or go anywhere then rest assured that I will be gone. In the mean time if you don't like what I post do like you and others have suggested to others here and don't read them. If you want to keep this going by posting crap like that then you bet I am here all night every night. WOW, I was just talking about something like this with someone not 20 minutes ago. I wonder if they see what I mean now LMAO. This was as good as dead, but if you like beating a dead horse go for it.

You are an absolute joke. It is sad you believe half of your own BS.

PS Watch your mouth.
  • Options
    That someone was me. I did not bump this thread on order to start all this, but I would feel wrong not to express how I feel. I get that laker and vision do not like each other. Laker, I must use part of our PM in order to express my opinion, I apologize if you feel that is wrong. Laker, you told me that you felt Vision and Catfish were trying to start their own camp so that they could isolate and ridicule people they do not like. I still don't feel like this is the case at all. Dustin and Peter spend a lot of time helping members, sending bombs and overall making the forums a better place. I know that Dustin has, as far as I know, only given seagar and aeon a hard time...and they deserved it. I'll remind everyone that a large part of the forum defended seagar. When I look at yours posts, your last fairly large amount are only in the thread. You started it off by saying, in not so many words.."Ccom is not as good as it used to be." Which I take as a slap in the face. I have never seen you bomb anyone which doesn not mean it did not happen, I just have not seen it.Anyone that thinks CCom sucks has no idea how bad most of the internet is. A good example is my pass. If someone took 5 Opus' and put in 1 5 V AAA, and I made a comment about it...I WOULD BE THE ONE WHO WAS SHUNNED. Yes, my pass was destroyed by some people, but I just grin and say thanks.Most of the time, most of our members go out of their way to be nice.
  • Options
    Vision:
    laker1963:
    Vision:
    laker1963:
    pelirrojo:
    james40:
    pelirrojo:
    james40:
    catfishbluezz:

FA Q

PS Watch your mouth.
    Vision is there a reason YOU started this back up? This was over. The JOKE is you. You haven't been around long enough to know who I have helped in my time here, and I have nothing to prove to you. If I listed all who I did do something for do you consider your self so important that you could pass judgement on it anyway? You are as I said VERY ARROGANT. If that last post was the best you got... then I guess we're done here?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Vision:
    laker1963:
    Vision:
    laker1963:
    pelirrojo:
    james40:
    pelirrojo:
    james40:
    catfishbluezz:

FA Q

PS Watch your mouth.
    Vision is there a reason YOU started this back up? This was over. The JOKE is you. You haven't been around long enough to know who I have helped in my time here, and I have nothing to prove to you. If I listed all who I did do something for do you consider your self so important that you could pass judgement on it anyway? You are as I said VERY ARROGANT. If that last post was the best you got... then I guess we're done here?

VERY ARROGANT (glad you know where Caps Lock is) huh? Let me say it one more time. You add nothing. You are a self important person who THINKS (like how I did that there) people dont see thru your BS. You just enjoy the thrill of being an internet tough guy. Are your fingers tingling? Is your heart racing? Man... you must love all this attention. You are a zero.
  • Options
    Rain:
    That someone was me. I did not bump this thread on order to start all this, but I would feel wrong not to express how I feel. I get that laker and vision do not like each other. Laker, I must use part of our PM in order to express my opinion, I apologize if you feel that is wrong. Laker, you told me that you felt Vision and Catfish were trying to start their own camp so that they could isolate and ridicule people they do not like. I still don't feel like this is the case at all. Dustin and Peter spend a lot of time helping members, sending bombs and overall making the forums a better place. I know that Dustin has, as far as I know, only given seagar and aeon a hard time...and they deserved it. I'll remind everyone that a large part of the forum defended seagar. When I look at yours posts, your last fairly large amount are only in the thread. You started it off by saying, in not so many words.."Ccom is not as good as it used to be." Which I take as a slap in the face. I have never seen you bomb anyone which doesn not mean it did not happen, I just have not seen it.Anyone that thinks CCom sucks has no idea how bad most of the internet is. A good example is my pass. If someone took 5 Opus' and put in 1 5 V AAA, and I made a comment about it...I WOULD BE THE ONE WHO WAS SHUNNED. Yes, my pass was destroyed by some people, but I just grin and say thanks.Most of the time, most of our members go out of their way to be nice.
    All of this from my one comment, which I will not apologize for, is just so hilarious. This has been blown up so much and for very specific reasons so I have no problem with how I have conducted myself here. Seems like you guy's rate BOTL by the passes they send or the number of bombs they send out. That OK. Just wait and see if in 2 or 3 years from now any of you are sending out bombs and the like at the same rate as you do presently. We have all gone through that, and in my time I have sent out lot's of sticks, thank you.

In the past year or so as so many new members were coming onboard I have indeed traded or bombed members including some in this discussion. Did I nake a big deal out of it. Not likely, I usually try to keep these things on the low key side. I have indeed not bombed or participated in as many passes for various reasons, but again, it was never something I realized the forum members were now considering as what it takes to be a good BOTL.

Many of the BOTL who have left here are also some of the people who I participated with in many of these things. But like other things that was in the past. So I guess what you are really asking Rain is...What have you done for us lately? I may be wrong, and I am not trying to be flipant about this.

As for you posting what I wrote you in a PM, I have no problem with the contents of what I wrote and you reprinted, but I have a major problem with you doing it without at least checking to see what I thought about it. Guess I now have to constantly consider what other information sent by PM may become public. Not cool dude.
  • Options
    Vision:
    laker1963:
    Vision:
    laker1963:
    Vision:
    laker1963:
    pelirrojo:
    james40:
    pelirrojo:
    james40:
    catfishbluezz:

FA Q

PS Watch your mouth.

VERY ARROGANT (glad you know where Caps Lock is) huh? Let me say it one more time. You add nothing. You are a self important person who THINKS (like how I did that there) people dont see thru your BS. You just enjoy the thrill of being an internet tough guy. Are your fingers tingling? Is your heart racing? Man... you must love all this attention. You are a zero.
    You're funny.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    One of the things I have always loved about our little slice of heaven here at the Cigar.com forum is the great quality of people that come through it. I also love how you guys always seem to have our back when the occasional troll comes around with no other purpose than to disrupt our community. You guys truly protect this place and for that I am grateful. Sadly, I see more and more of these folks coming around every week, visiting for the sole purpose of acting like total jackasses and trying to issue spoiler after spoiler with a holier than thou attitude. Not once have I really I ever seen any of long standing regulars refer to someone as "noob" or go out of their way to exclude people from the forum or participating. You guys really are the reason I do what I do. I tell people all the time that "cigar people really are the most generous and gracious people in the world" and I think that gets exemplified here in our forum more than anywhere else. God bless and thank you for your business, for your loyalty and for being all around standup folks.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Rain:
    All of this from my one comment, which I will not apologize for, is just so hilarious. This has been blown up so much and for very specific reasons so I have no problem with how I have conducted myself here. Seems like you guy's rate BOTL by the passes they send or the number of bombs they send out. That OK. Just wait and see if in 2 or 3 years from now any of you are sending out bombs and the like at the same rate as you do presently. We have all gone through that, and in my time I have sent out lot's of sticks, thank you.

In the past year or so as so many new members were coming onboard I have indeed traded or bombed members including some in this discussion. Did I nake a big deal out of it. Not likely, I usually try to keep these things on the low key side. I have indeed not bombed or participated in as many passes for various reasons, but again, it was never something I realized the forum members were now considering as what it takes to be a good BOTL.

Many of the BOTL who have left here are also some of the people who I participated with in many of these things. But like other things that was in the past. So I guess what you are really asking Rain is...What have you done for us lately? I may be wrong, and I am not trying to be flipant about this.

As for you posting what I wrote you in a PM, I have no problem with the contents of what I wrote and you reprinted, but I have a major problem with you doing it without at least checking to see what I thought about it. Guess I now have to constantly consider what other information sent by PM may become public. Not cool dude.
    *****This Space Reserved *****for future comments!
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    I firmly believe this thread needs some Journey. On behalf of the Kid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA
    Bump for the Rudester
  • Options
    The future....is now!
  • Options
    Rain:
    The future....is now!

Agreed. This forum isnt a "Good Ol Boys Club". This forum welcomes new people daily. New members dont care what was done 5 years ago. Its not about "What have you done for me lately" but more like "What can and will you do for me if I need help"
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Its all soo confusing!!! Check back later,, my statements change like a ticker board,, Eat At _ _ _ _ _' _ World famous sheepburgers
  • Options
    YES! More journey and Rick astley please!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    . Dustin, I find it strange that you have no problem labeling an entire forum and its members. Funny that you can do it and no one has a problem with it, but Laker is asked to leave for voicing his opinion about a forum and its members. Maybe you weren't referring to me, but instead only certain individuals, but how is one to tell? I respect you Dustin but please back up your statements. I'm stunned no one cares that a lot of good people were just crapped on and you all want to sweep it under the rug like it never happened. That is not brotherhood nor family.
  • Options
    I have not said anything to Dustin about him speaking of another forum because...I'm not a member of that forum. Whereas Laker is talking about this forum. I only put this because you said that you find it strange that nobody has said anything to him, so I'm explaining why...at least in my case.I would not call out all of UH, but I have seen some CCom bashing over there.
  • Options
    james40:
    . Dustin, I find it strange that you have no problem labeling an entire forum and its members. Funny that you can do it and no one has a problem with it, but Laker is asked to leave for voicing his opinion about a forum and its members. Maybe you weren't referring to me, but instead only certain individuals, but how is one to tell? I respect you Dustin but please back up your statements. I'm stunned no one cares that a lot of good people were just crapped on and you all want to sweep it under the rug like it never happened. That is not brotherhood nor family.
    Mike, Tony, and the mods at UH are all great people. Explaining my position would result in discussing a ton of double standards I care not to at this point, my point has been proven in this thread already, you included. I can't tell you how many complaints I've heard over my time here, how many times I've heard it sucks now, how many ridiculous threads like this get blown out of proportion. All I do is bomb, try and one up on trades, and help noobs with whatever I can afford to. Ccom has been great the last few months, we've had very little of this drama...coincidence? And that is my two cents, I'll stop there, and will not respond further.

I love this place, and welcome everyone here that wants to be here. This thread needs more Journey BTW
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    james40:
    Mike, Tony, and the mods at UH are all great people. Explaining my position would result in discussing a ton of double standards I care not to at this point, my point has been proven in this thread already, you included. I can't tell you how many complaints I've heard over my time here, how many times I've heard it sucks now, how many ridiculous threads like this get blown out of proportion. All I do is bomb, try and one up on trades, and help noobs with whatever I can afford to. Ccom has been great the last few months, we've had very little of this drama...coincidence? And that is my two cents, I'll stop there, and will not respond further.

I love this place, and welcome everyone here that wants to be here. This thread needs more Ben Folds Five BTW

I will have to agree 100%. Unless I am attacked I am also done... I will still read dont get me wrong... but done.