Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    dbeckom:
    gaberox:
    dbeckom:
    gaberox:
    Called in to work today on a whim which I never do. So had some organic costa rican med roast coffee over ice with vanilla. Now having my 1st Kristoff the maduro toro. Was a little worried with it smelling like poop err I mean barnyard. Lovin it so far, a lttle poop in the aroma not so bad lol.

Some of the best cigars I've ever had smelled like dog poop when I removed the cello...kinda funny, to associate the aroma of dog crap with a good experience

Exactly what i was thinkin at 1st sniff. I Thought when people said barnyard it must be a hay type smell.

IMO the "barnyard" is more like a damp, earthy, organic aroma with a hint of livestock manure...the dog poop aroma is in a category all to itself. I'm not a great fan of Rocky Patel's cigars, but IMO most of his finest sticks have a strong aroma de poop!

Manure is a much better description of this Kristoff. Poop was my sad attempt at humor
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Plasencia reserva organica, nice morning smoke..
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Plasencia reserva organica, nice morning smoke..
    Those are good cigars!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Had about one inch of a nica libre. Will NOT be revisiting anytime soon.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Lakota72:
    Had about one inch of a nica libre. Will NOT be revisiting anytime soon.

Funny I thought they werent bad at all. Nothing great but not somthing I would toss after an in. This coming from somone who does not buy cheap bundles or super cheap budget smokes.

RCY sent me one and I really enjoyed it
  • Options
    After my nica libre debacle, I had a kristoff Sumatra to see if my palate was jacked up. It was pretty damn good. I think that maybe I'm just not a fan off the nica.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Lakota72:
    After my nica libre debacle, I had a kristoff Sumatra to see if my palate was jacked up. It was pretty damn good. I think that maybe I'm just not a fan off the nica.
    You gotta revisit it. The first one I had was pretty rough, I had another not too long after and it was great. I've had a few more since and they've all been good too.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    They have no consistency, some are delicious and some are horrible. I'm speaking not only from personal experience but for a while everyone on the board was weighing in with similar experiences. I've had so many bad ones that I'm reluctant to buy anymore, which stinks because the good ones are great.

This morning I had an H. Upmann, pretty tasty with coffee but the draw was a little tight.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Lakota72:
    They have no consistency, some are delicious and some are horrible. I'm speaking not only from personal experience but for a while everyone on the board was weighing in with similar experiences. I've had so many bad ones that I'm reluctant to buy anymore, which stinks because the good ones are great.

This morning I had an H. Upmann, pretty tasty with coffee but the draw was a little tight.
    I had a nica libre the other day and it was the best one I can remember, I too have found it inconsistent, same with the cuba libre, I wont even smoke those now. cuba libre "one" is still pretty good, I havent tried the brute
  • Options
    601 Black Label Connecticut

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Lakota72:

Which H. Upmann did you have?

• Options
    Perdomo Habano Connecticut

• Options
    Had a Camacho Maduro this morning. Never fails with a cup o joe. Morning has started off great and the kids are having fun fishing.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    bigharpoon:
    Lakota72:

Which H. Upmann did you have?

The standard Dominican one. The tight draw really surprised me, usually they are insanely consistent.
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    Had a Camacho Maduro this morning. Never fails with a cup o joe. Morning has started off great and the kids are having fun fishing.
    How do the Maddies compare to the Corojo? I've had a couple Corojos and loved em!

• Options
    Might try mines for the first time. My B&M had some and I picked up two to try. Tight draw, my cigars feel like they are rolled pretty tight too. Hope I won't have any issues. Thanks...
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    RCY Cigars:
    How do the Maddies compare to the Corojo? I've had a couple Corojos and loved em!

Honestly, I like them both seeing I'm all over Camacho. But I would go with the Corojo just cause of the strength of them. Awesome....

• Options
    RCY Cigars:
    dbeckom:
    RCY Cigars:

Honestly, I like them both seeing I'm all over Camacho. But I would go with the Corojo just cause of the strength of them. Awesome....

I do love the strength of the Corojo...I see a box of em in my near future! I'll have to get my hands on a few of the Maduros. Thanks Rick

• Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    El Mejor Espresso. A little strong on A empty stomach. Next time I'll have breakfast first. A fine cigar though.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Cuban Legacy and coffee to start the day
  • Options
    My first MOW Virtue

• Options
    dbeckom:
    My first MOW Virtue

That is a good morning smoke to have. Love them with coffee.
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    dbeckom:
    My first MOW Virtue

That was my only one...definitely gotta have more! I've also gotta get some G2's to try. I love a good Connie for breakfast!

• Options
    Had a CAO Brazillia on the way back in from an early morning deep sea fishing trip. Perfect choice.
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    RCY Cigars:
    dbeckom:
    My first MOW Virtue

That was my only one...definitely gotta have more! I've also gotta get some G2's to try. I love a good Connie for breakfast!
    Not a fan of the virtue but I really enjoyed the G2 for a morning smoke. Probably one of my favorites for a morning smoke.
  • Options
    Lakota72:
    dbeckom:
    RCY Cigars:
    dbeckom:
    My first MOW Virtue

Not a fan of the virtue but I really enjoyed the G2 for a morning smoke. Probably one of my favorites for a morning smoke.
    I have been wanting to grab a few when I place an order, but I always forget to

• Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    My Father, Le Bijou 1922, this afternoon.
  • Options
    Perdomo 10th Anniversary Criollo…yummy!

• Options
    I'm sitting outside staring at the gulf of Mexico enjoying a NUB Cameroon. What a great vacation.
  • Options
    Lakota72:
    I'm sitting outside staring at the gulf of Mexico enjoying a NUB Cameroon. What a great vacation.
    Sounds nice! Glad you're enjoying it brother.