Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Well, there is a foot of snow outside and it's 15 degrees, so I have to decide if I'm going to post up in the garage with the portable heater. If so, I'm thinking the El Triunfador Lancero original blend I just picked up.
  • Options
    htm2010htm2010 Posts: 28
    Well it is a bit breezy here in California today, I am having a Graycliff Expresso with a cup of Kopi Sumatra siting on patio. Off for the holidays and making the best of it. Nice Choc,nuts and deep earth tones.
  • Options
    Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    htm2010:
    Well it is a bit breezy here in California today, I am having a Graycliff Expresso with a cup of Kopi Sumatra siting on patio. Off for the holidays and making the best of it. Nice Choc,nuts and deep earth tones.
    Man that sounds Good!!, Raining here in Texas and I have a cold.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    It's nice right now in TN, but it's going to rain this afternoon so I'm having a Padilla Cazadores with my coffee, and something in the dry box for a follow up.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    JDN DC box press toro, its funny when you cant tell the difference between your breath and cigar smoke.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    LP No.9 Toro
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOW Virtue. Been a while since I had one. Forgot that this wasn't your run of the mill Connie. Gonna have to get some more of these.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Gonna go grab a cup of coffee and a Sancho Panza Double Maduro . Sit by the bay and watcx the sun come up.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Smoked a calle ocho toro Connecticut paired it with some coffee
  • Options
    htm2010htm2010 Posts: 28
    PDR Oscuro Liga Cubana No. 2
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a Jameson's red label Connie this morning. Started out pretty mild but very creamy, picked up to a mild-med about halfway thru and stayed nice and creamy thru out .
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas all, today is a pretty chilly out. But I'm going to make it happen with a Vanilla Latte and a Avo Classic robusto to start the day.

Hope everyone is able to get one end today. Going to go off of Rudy's advise and have Viaje Holiday Bend this evening. Enjoy and a fantastic day..........

• Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Unfortunately, I'm not smoking anything this morning. I'm stuck working on christmas day until 6 pm, maybe I'll be able to get one in when I get home tonight. Merry Christmas everyone.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    e6specialk:
    Unfortunately, I'm not smoking anything this morning. I'm stuck working on christmas day until 6 pm, maybe I'll be able to get one in when I get home tonight. Merry Christmas everyone.
    Merry Xmas to you as well, and I truly wish you a fine and merry evening when you get freed up!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Had a Jameson's red label Connie this morning. Started out pretty mild but very creamy, picked up to a mild-med about halfway thru and stayed nice and creamy thru out .
    Ricky, how does that red label compare to the black label? I dug around and found you a black label toro with almost a year's rest...I'll get it out to you in the next week.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Oliva V lancero with a Pappy van winkle 23 left from Christmas.
  • Options
    michaelharveymichaelharvey Posts: 202 ✭✭
    series O
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Having a Arturo Fuente Short Story maduro with some Montecristo coffee black. Not bad...

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Oliva series G Maduro. It's been a while since I've had one, and this one just called my name today.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Just fired up my first Pueblo Dominicano. Only 3 puffs in, but I can say this cigar certainly has unique characteristics. I will report back later with a more solid opinion. Good start, though.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Just fired up my first Pueblo Dominicano. Only 3 puffs in, but I can say this cigar certainly has unique characteristics. I will report back later with a more solid opinion. Good start, though.
    Update:

now approaching the 1hr 45min mark (with about a half inch of smoking left), and I gotta say, this baby has kept my attention the whole way. Not only is the burn, draw, and overall construction great, but this thing is crazy complex. Very good taste and flavor profile. Ever changing characteristic (all of which are unique, I might add!). But another thing that has really stood out to me is the mouth feel of the smoke... it is different than any other cigar I have ever smoked, and honestly, not even similar to any cigar I have ever smoked. I swear it's like you can actually feel the complexities swirling around in the smoke. It's very cool.

all in all, this is one of the most unique cigars I have ever had the pleasure of smoking. I am VERY glad I got a 10 pack of em, and based on the aging potential I see in them, I will prob grab another to put up for a while. I really enjoyed this one.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

if you have been thinking about trying this blend, do it! I would love for someone with a super developed palate to review one of these for us... kuzi... Alex... throw us a bone, here. lol
  • Options
    Even though the Pueblo Dominicano was a 2hr smoke, I decided I really wanted another cigar! lol.

since I couldn't follow that with just any cigar, I decided to grab a Oliva V maduro (2011). I've only had one of these before, and it was only a couple weeks ago, but these things are great. This one came to me from Shaun, thank you brother!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'm smoking my crappy corn cob pipe right now. I'm at work you know so my nice new one is safe at home... oh I so miss it.
  • Options
    Calle ocho toro Connecticut, paired with coffee
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    AF 858 flor fina, cameroon much better with 4-6 months than oot IMO. Really enjoying this morning smoke. To me it's I bit sweet with hints of pear, gotten this flavor twice and I like it.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'm smoking my crappy corn cob pipe right now. I'm at work you know so my nice new one is safe at home... oh I so miss it.
    Do you have your button nose on too? ;-)
  • Options
    same thing as yesterday a calle ocho connecticut
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Do you have your button nose on too? ;-)
    lol.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Had my go to Sancho Panza. I really like these cheap bastards .They have a great peppery/spicy flavor and burn damn near perfectly.
  • Options
    With just a few easy upgrades, you can also use it as a portable chemical processing and manufacturing facility! electronic cigarette