Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    PuroFreak:
    RCY Cigars:
    It's a nice sunny day with a very cool breeze. 63-65 Degrees in Germany. May be 30 degrees tomorrow knowing this place, lol. Had a AVO classic after my bacon, eggs and grits with a cup o joe. The day has started off great.....
    I'm planning on having the same thing in about 2 hours! AVO Classic and a cup of coffee!

Sounds like a winner to me. Be honest on your take of it. It's one of my favorites. Everyone's palate is different though. And I know that. Enjoy Puro.....
    Well I'm sad to report that I didn't smoke the AVO Classic... I ended up falling asleep for a couple hours after work. But I am loading up the family and heading to my parents house out on the lake and I'm thinking the AVO will make for a great smoke while we grill some steaks for my mom's birthday! I'll report back on this one after I smokes it!
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    A Gurkha Park Ave Maduro with coffee, it left me with an after taste like I had a mocha
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I had a 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle with my coffee this morning. Love that blend.

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Black Pearl!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    A Gurkha Park Ave Maduro with coffee, it left me with an after taste like I had a mocha

Hmmm, I haven't had one of these. But I just picked up a couple. You have me a little excited about it now. "Mocha"....
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Black Pearl!

I was going through those so much, I put myself in time out. Man, I like my morning smokes. I can't wait for another chance to have one. This week will be hard pressed.
  • Options
    MTuccelli:

Tried it out this morning with a cup o joe. Found it to be smooth and creamy with a peppery nuttiness to it. I was a little disappointed. I did'nt get the Mocha you had and I was looking forward to that. Nevertheless, it was a enjoyable stick. That I would try again, I did have some wrapper issues. I wonder if I had dried box it first would that had happen. It was still a good smoke.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the wrapper issue and the no mocha thing. My humidor bounces between 65 and 68 and the only issue I had was a bit of an uneven burn for the first third. As for the mocha taste it could just be me, I am trying to pay more attention when smoking then just plowing through it.

Have you tried the Connecticut yet? I did get a little peppery taste from it and a spice I just couldn't place. While chatting with Sniper he told me it was cinnamon. So I tried another one and sure enough he was correct, very lite but it was there.
  • Options
    MTuccelli:
    Sorry to hear about the wrapper issue and the no mocha thing. My humidor bounces between 65 and 68 and the only issue I had was a bit of an uneven burn for the first third. As for the mocha taste it could just be me, I am trying to pay more attention when smoking then just plowing through it.

Have you tried the Connecticut yet? I did get a little peppery taste from it and a spice I just couldn't place. While chatting with Sniper he told me it was cinnamon. So I tried another one and sure enough he was correct, very lite but it was there.

No sir, I have not. That bomb of a gift Jsnake and ENFIDL plus others sent to me had one of them in it. That was one of the five I grabbed I think. I have to check. But I will give it a go. I'm going to let these sit in my humidor for at least two weeks. I'm going to smoke another one of these maduro this weekend. I still liked it, I was just looking for that mocha a bit much, lol.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Home made ice mocha for me with a 601 green for breakfast. Nubbed it till nothing left. Time to eat!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    RyJ Vintage with coffee. Sometimes a mellow and smooth RyJ just hits the spot.
  • Options
    RYJ Reserva Real with ice mocha coffee. Felt like I was cheating or something, lol.....
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    Is that some kind of new opus??? (lol)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Diamondog:
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    I was thinking the same thing.. Damm that must be one strong cigar. lol
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    bigharpoon:
    Diamondog:
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    I was thinking the same thing.. Damm that must be one strong cigar. lol

I give up trying to figure this guy out. Does a lot of good in the forums, but does this to this post for the second time. ???????????
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:

Haven't had one yet Stephen. But I'm getting around to it. I have a fiver in the humi. Eating breakfast now and I'm going to smoke a 5 Vegas gold this morning. It's a little chilly out today. Time to Soldier Up, lol. See how this works out.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:

Haven't had one yet Stephen. But I'm getting around to it. I have a fiver in the humi. Eating breakfast now and I'm going to smoke a 5 Vegas gold this morning. It's a little chilly out today. Time to Soldier Up, lol. See how this works out.

I picked up a 10-pack of the toros recently, and I'm really anxious to dive in. They are only 5 days off the truck.

So this morning I went with an RP 1990 with my breakfast and coffee.
  • Options
    ndhaon91:
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:

I picked up a 10-pack of the toros recently, and I'm really anxious to dive in. They are only 5 days off the truck. So this morning I went with an RP 1990 with my breakfast and coffee.

Nice....
  • Options
    Finally, haven't had a morning smoke in a couple of days. Had a La Perla Habana Morado this morning with a regular cup o joe. 200 posts here, wow. Let's see what happens....
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And the winner is, lol. Sorry you missed it. But I was going to hook someone up if they would have gotten that 200 slot. We'll see what happens if we make it to 300. Nice pic though.
  • Options
    Ahh finally a morning smoke. 1st in a week. 601 blue toro with vanilla ice coffee. Good times.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    Ahh finally a morning smoke. 1st in a week. 601 blue toro with vanilla ice coffee. Good times.

Enjoy it, PM sent to you.
  • Options
    Replied.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    EP Carrillo New Wave Connecticut Stellas (corona). Delicious! Puts most connies to shame!
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    docbp87:
    EP Carrillo New Wave Connecticut Stellas (corona). Delicious! Puts most connies to shame!
    I really need to get my hands on a few of these... Sound amazing!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    nikostewart:
    docbp87:
    The price point on the corona is ridiculous too... $4.50 MSRP?!
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    docbp87:
    nikostewart:
    docbp87:
    The price point on the corona is ridiculous too... $4.50 MSRP?!
    Can't beat that! EPC rocks
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm debating a morning smoke for me when I wake up... Of course my morning is around noon to 1pm. But I'm thinking about taking the dog for a nice long walk with either an AVO Classic or Zino Platinum. I can't wait for the Zino Z-Class to come out in a couple weeks.