Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Alex Williams:
    RCY Cigars:
    bigharpoon:
    Had my last AVO Domaine this morning. It was good enough but didn't really keep my attention. Kinda boring.

I have yet to hear one good thing about that cigar. Now I'm wondering if I will be wasting my time. I haven't had a AVO I didn't like. I surely don't want to come across one.
    i know kuzi bought a box of these

Guess I can see what he thinks.
    If I remember correctly, he loves them. One of his favorite cigars.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    they are. they age well in my opinion. i only really like them in the no. 50 vitola. the perfecto gives it a bit of complexity that the parejo vitolas do not. they are mild- medium and have subtle flavors but they are one of my go to smokes. i think there is a flavor and feeling with them that i get out of no other cigar in the Avo lineup.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    they are. they age well in my opinion. i only really like them in the no. 50 vitola. the perfecto gives it a bit of complexity that the parejo vitolas do not. they are mild- medium and have subtle flavors but they are one of my go to smokes. i think there is a flavor and feeling with them that i get out of no other cigar in the Avo lineup.

I will try them out and thanks for your input Sir.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a 1989 Toro this morning... the cap fell apart making it really messy.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:

The contruction on these cigars suck. But they're not to shabby to smoke everyday with coffee. I have had a few before finding this forum. Had construction issues almost everytime.
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:

The contruction on these cigars suck. But they're not to shabby to smoke everyday with coffee. I have had a few before finding this forum. Had construction issues almost everytime.
    Agreed the construction is poor but it tastes pretty decent. There's a couple in the box that already look like they're going to split and it has to be from factory. Everything else smokes fine, and the humi is at 65
    I wonder how it would pair with a lager.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    RCY Cigars:
    stephen_hannibal:

Agreed the construction is poor but it tastes pretty decent. There's a couple in the box that already look like they're going to split and it has to be from factory. Everything else smokes fine, and the humi is at 65
    I wonder how it would pair with a lager.

I've had them with a Pils during the day. So, I say go for it. Man, now I may look through my humi for one. It's been a while. I have probably two or three left. And all with construction issues, lol.....
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    601 red robusto with coffee. What the heck its 40 out right now. Just when I thought it was safe. This brings bad memories of smokin in winter.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    A Rocky Patel ITC 10th Anniversary with my coffee. Thanks to my friend Stav I had a great start to my day
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Not morning so much anymore but I'm on the deck enjoying an EP Carrillo Short Run Robusto. I wish I had bought more of these they are a great smoke.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Not morning so much anymore but I'm on the deck enjoying an EP Carrillo Short Run Robusto. I wish I had bought more of these they are a great smoke.

That's okay, we take visitors. Lol, I can't wait to try one. Was able to make a wish and lcpleel granted it. Looking forward to smoking one.

This morning, I had a Macanudo Maduro Hyde Park with my cup o joe. I will revisit, it had a usual taste. Can't put my finger on it. Have two left.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    madurofan:

WOW where you been Bro! Its summerish this AM here in Northern California I think Ill smoke a Nice Fuentes Hemmingway this AM... should start the day right! Oh and some Killer Peets Coffee.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    sounds like a good morning..!! lol...Im smoking absolutely freaking nothing! Stuck in the office another 12 hour day. does my cup of hot smoking coffee count? lol. I may have to pick up sum small ten minute sticks for my breaks just to relax! lol
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Still morning for me even though its 1pm thanks to this hangover. Cubao #2 to ease the pain. Not my favorite size for this cigar but still good.
  • Options
    Had another poorly constructed 1989 this AM.

• Options
    I enjoyed a Profesor Sila with my coffee
  • Options
    MTuccelli:

What is that MTuccelli? Never heard of that.. Here you go again with something I haven't heard about. Thanks Sir, :).....
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:

What is that MTuccelli? Never heard of that.. Here you go again with something I haven't heard about. Thanks Sir, :).....
    lol sorry about that bro...it was part of a Weekend Blitz called Suave y Cremoso Sampler. That was the week end before last.

I really like this cigar it is probably one of the mildest ones I have smoked and it has a slightly sweet tip. All in all I could smoke these every morning with my coffee and what is nice even though it was mild it never got lost when taking a sip of coffee.

I looked for them here but they don't have them so if you want them you have to go to Ccom competitor.
  • Options
    ever smoke that Tat reserva?
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    ever smoke that Tat reserva?
    Hanging head in shame...No not yet...everytime I open my humidor to grab it I just can't. I want to but something inside me says, "wait not yet" I am stepping out for my morning smoke maybe today is the day!
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    I had an RP vintage 1999 today. Really not impressed. Not much flavor. I will take 5 Vegas Golds for half the price and way more flavor.
  • Options
    Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Flor Fina
  • Options
    Smoke the mother f-ing tat bro!!! lol...i cant even get those at my shop anymore so enjoy! lol Lets herf this weekend...let me know
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Smoke the mother f-ing tat bro!!! lol...i cant even get those at my shop anymore so enjoy! lol Lets herf this weekend...let me know
    See you can't get it anymore what if I end up lovin it and then I can't get it either and I now have smoked the only one i had. A herf sounds great, I will let you know
  • Options
    lcpleel:

You didn't like it, sorry my friend. I thought you would, interesting.
    Edit: You lost it?????
  • Options
    SOMEONE STOLE IT I THINK~!
  • Options
    Im going to question my friend that dropped by my house when i was working on my car. Hes the only other cigar smoker that visits the house.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    Im going to question my friend that dropped by my house when i was working on my car. Hes the only other cigar smoker that visits the house.

So your buddy got you. Well at least your able to narrow it down. Man, I know it's the principle behind it. Let it ride my friend. I'm pretty sure you'll have some more in your hands, soon, lol..........
  • Options
    I should still have him give me a run down on what his take on the cigar was atleast.