Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Crap Cigar Pass

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    list updated, t_evan50 you will now be shipping to millenium115.

Alien thanks for signature worthy material! :)
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I swung by the PO on my way out and did the crappy transfer right on the desk. What a bunch of crap!!! You guys should be ashamed of yourselves!!! (lol).

I took out the Plascencia organica, Plantation reserve and some type of Gurkha (???). I put in an AB SCR, AB Harvest Habano and a RP Edge. The package is in the mail already and on its way to Alienmisprint.

This package is packed fairly but not all the sticks have protective cello wrapping. I took out the Plantation because this was one of the ones that wasn't protected. It's a little bent and the foot is squished (sort of like a reverse chisel) but I'm not sure cello would have helped that. Maybe it has a handmade appearance straight from the table. The wrapper on it was fine, which is more than I can say about the Berger and Argenti.

That poor un-protected stick is missing a few chips of wrapper up by the band and the foot is hammered. Pieces of its wrapper are all through the bag. I didn't do the transfer at home so I couldn't put any cello on it but it's a sad sight to see for sure.

Un-celloed cigars do not ship well. If you have a naked cigar you wish to mail an old, re-used cello is better than nothing.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    LOL that Plantation Reseerve came to me that way, it was fresh rolled in New Orleans, was flat when i got it! LOL Smoked one passed along the other..... It wasnt chipped when i packed it... LOL Sorry guys.
    that traveled Fast! LOL
  • Options
    It's still not chipped, the Berger is the beat one. Thanks for passing it along, I'm looking forward to it!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'll update when I get it in. Just to let you know Harpoon, you are sending alot of Alec Bradley this way, and I love me some Alec Bradley.....
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I'll update when I get it in. Just to let you know Harpoon, you are sending alot of Alec Bradley this way, and I love me some Alec Bradley.....
    Great, I think they're CRAP!!!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    bigharpoon:
    alienmisprint:
    Great, I think they're CRAP!!!
    Agreed.

• Options
    Good for me then, lol.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Enjoy it now. You have NO IDEA the torture you will go through if you are on the list after me!!!
  • Options
    Got it in today. No worries, the Acids will stay safely where they are for this round. I added a few more than I took, maybe throw a little more diversity in the mix.

Take: AB SCR Robusto, AB Harvest Habano Robusto, RP Edge Robusto/Toro

Put: Tatuaje Series P Robusto, Tatuaje Series P Corona, Torano Dominico Robusto, Torano Dominico Maduro Torpedo, La Vieja Habana Connecticut

Should be able to get this back in the mail tomorrow, I've got your address Stephen.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    If Tatuaje's are crap to you my friend perhaps we need to do some business Wink [;)]
  • Options
    Sweet I'm next in line... MWA HA HA HA HA!!!!

• Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    HOLY HELL YOU HAVE MOSS AS YOUR PIC!!!!!!!!!!! I love IT crowd! (sorry off topic)
  • Options
    SmokySuit:
    HOLY HELL YOU HAVE MOSS AS YOUR PIC!!!!!!!!!!! I love IT crowd! (sorry off topic)
    0118 999 881 999 119 725...3

• Options
    Hahahaha!!! I'm not turning it up to 8 Moss...It'll blow my c-o-c-k off!
  • Options
    FATHERRRR!!!!!!

Man I love that show.

• Options
    Last off topic quote, I promis!

If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet
  • Options
    I can't find the damn tracking slip, but this did go out yesterday, Mr. Hannibal should have it any time now.
  • Options
    This thing is making some fast progress through the list!
  • Options
    I'll check the post tomorrow.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:

and.......
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

and.......
    All in good time...

• Options
    And that time is now. 04969002033004092807

• Options
    YES! we are making good time with this. made it through a fifth of the list in around a month.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:

What did you take out and put in?
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    stephen_hannibal:

What did you take out and put in?
    Basically the stuff alien put in. And as far as adding I can't remember a puros indios special aged, some dominican something, it slips my mind.

• Options
    So I've smoked all three of my crap pass cigars. Here's my thoughts about smoking other's crap:

I started with Oz's Plantation Reserve, rolled in New Orleans. Despite its rough appearance it burned and drew just fine. It was a one dimensional stick offering mostly a tobacco flavor. It was a little bitter here and there but that could have been the way I was smoking it - I had it while working on re-finishing my canoe gunwales. Not too bad but not too flavorful but ALWAYS enjoyable to try a new cigar!

The next one was a Gurkha Master Select, also from Oz. This cigar more or less tasted like most of the Gurkhas I've had. If you smoke Gurkha you know the flavor I'm talking about. No surprises and a decent Gurkha stick.

The last one was a Plascencia Organica from Kuzi. This cigar offered plenty of surprises. I was expecting something very mild along the lines of the Verdadero, I guess because of the organic label, but it wasn't like the Verdadero AT ALL! It had a fairly loose roll and draw, like a lot of Plascencia sticks, that I've come to actually enjoy.

The initial taste was very woodsy and the finish was moderately peppery. A nice combo. No sweetness at all and a dry feel in the mouth but what really took me by surprise was the heft of the body. It's hard to describe because it wasn't the kind of body of a full-body smoke that gets you in the gut or the head, this just had a real heavy mouth-feel about it. I felt like I had half a pound of smoke sitting on my palate even though the cigar, in general, I'd say was mildish approaching medium at most. It was a great compliment to the woodsy flavor and peppery finish. It stayed like this the whole way, no transitions. I don't think I'll be picking up a bundle of these but I enjoyed the hell outta the one I got to smoke.

Thanks Kuzi and Oz for giving me some new sticks to try and thanks Enfidel for putting on this crap pass!
  • Options
    Just wanted to let everybody know I found a big box of crap on my doorstep yesterday. I'll post my selections and additions when I send it out Monday.
  • Options
    Ok it's on the way to T_evan50. Here's the DC: 03062400000046643392

I took:
    A. Fernandez signature soloman
    Perdomo Fresco Torp

I added:
    Cuba Libre Toro
    San Miguel Torp
    And just for good measure:
    Padilla Obsidian
    Argyle natural robusto
    "alternate" which shall remain nameless

Crap I did not touch:
    Whatever acids were in there
    Gurkha Sherpa
    Pirates Gold
    Berger and Argenti
    Dominico Maddy?
    Dominico Natural?
    G2 turbo (appeared to be 1/2 of double happyness)
    Puros Indios
    Dominican Primeros
    Unmarked

• Options
    i see a puro indios...i recently smoked purio indio viejo, ill tell you ....delish...for every day cigar......just bought 10 for 10......ive never had an obsidian , might have to try it, just to see why everyone is puttingit down.....ill sacrifice my taste buds for one night .....lol..... when it comes my way, ill take a pic of the crap.....so we all can see them