Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Idiot Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    What a winner. Good thing for him he was in Flordia, NYPD would have put 40 holes in him.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bige1371:
    What a winner. Good thing for him he was in Flordia, NYPD would have put 40 holes in him.
    LAPD too...
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Hey Samantha, just an idea but, when your 21 years old and want to spend time away from your parents MOVE OUT !!!

Samantha Gilman, 21, was reported missing by her parents on May 29th after not returning home from a concert in downtown St. Pete the previous day. A media alert was issued regarding her disappearance and several news outlets covered the story.

Gilman returned to her brother's home two days later and was interviewed by detectives. She claimed that she had been abducted and was held captive while being sexually abused by two men for three days. She said she managed to escape and make her way to her brother's house.

As detectives continued the investigation, they found a man who claimed that he had met Gilman at the concert on the 28th. He said that she voluntarily came home with him to his Pinellas Park residence where she spent the next few days of her own accord. He said they traveled around the city together and provided detectives with cell phone video of the two at the beach together.

When confronted with the cell phone video Monday night, Gilman confessed that she made the whole story up and that she only wanted to spend time away from her parents.

Gilman has been charged with filing a false police report.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    How NOT to talk your way out of that speeding ticket

Boynton man charged with assaulting police during traffic stop

Police arrested a driver Saturday morning after they say he told a sergeant during a traffic stop that "I laugh when police officers get shot." Police say he then tried to reach for something under his car seat.

Police had pulled George Spadaccini, 43, over in the 1600 block of South Federal Highway shortly after 9 a.m.

Serving as back-up at the traffic stop was Sgt. Richard McNevin, who was shot in the line of duty in August 2008 by a drive-by shooting suspect. A bullet struck McNevin's chest, but he was wearing a body armor vest and was not seriously injured.

As McNevin was handing Spadaccini a traffic summons, he told Spadaccini, "Sir, you are free to leave," to which Spadaccini responded: "You're free to get shot up."

That's when police say Spadaccini attempted to reach for something under his car seat. Officers pulled Spadaccini out of his vehicle and handcuffed him.

Police said they later searched Spadaccini's vehicle and found a knife in a driver's side door pocket.

Spadaccini, of Boynton Beach, was released Saturday afternoon from the Palm Beach County Jail on his own recognizance.
    Wait, so let me get this straight. This guy though being a smart ass gets arrested for basically making poor statements to a cop. Well that's crap. This is what I feel is one of many things wrong with the power of the police. Sure telling a cop your glad they get shot might not be the best thing to say, but your suppose to have freedom of speech. Now in these days it's okay to arrest someone for it, never mind they have the right to say they love to see cops get killed. The guy didn't say he was going to shoot them. And so the guy had a knife in his care, big whoop. I carry a tire iron under my seat.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    amz1301:

Police arrested a driver Saturday morning after they say he told a sergeant during a traffic stop that "I laugh when police officers get shot." Police say he then tried to reach for something under his car seat.

Police had pulled George Spadaccini, 43, over in the 1600 block of South Federal Highway shortly after 9 a.m.

Serving as back-up at the traffic stop was Sgt. Richard McNevin, who was shot in the line of duty in August 2008 by a drive-by shooting suspect. A bullet struck McNevin's chest, but he was wearing a body armor vest and was not seriously injured.

As McNevin was handing Spadaccini a traffic summons, he told Spadaccini, "Sir, you are free to leave," to which Spadaccini responded: "You're free to get shot up."

That's when police say Spadaccini attempted to reach for something under his car seat. Officers pulled Spadaccini out of his vehicle and handcuffed him.

Police said they later searched Spadaccini's vehicle and found a knife in a driver's side door pocket.

Spadaccini, of Boynton Beach, was released Saturday afternoon from the Palm Beach County Jail on his own recognizance.
    Wait, so let me get this straight. This guy though being a smart ass gets arrested for basically making poor statements to a cop. Well that's crap. This is what I feel is one of many things wrong with the power of the police. Sure telling a cop your glad they get shot might not be the best thing to say, but your suppose to have freedom of speech. Now in these days it's okay to arrest someone for it, never mind they have the right to say they love to see cops get killed. The guy didn't say he was going to shoot them. And so the guy had a knife in his care, big whoop. I carry a tire iron under my seat.
    ...... and if you reached for that tire iron during a traffic stop, you might get your a** shot or, at least, arrested.

I think it was the furtive movements that led to genius' arrest. The comments were probably what tipped the cop off that this guy was up to no good. Officer safety outweighs "freedom of speech", in my book. But I think, that in a court of law, those comments could be translated as a direct threat. Should the cop have waited for the guy to grab the knife and then shot him? Would that have been a better scenario for you?

Cop did the right thing. No one got hurt and idiot gets his 15 mins....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    phobicsquirrel:
    amz1301:

...... and if you reached for that tire iron during a traffic stop, you might get your a** shot or, at least, arrested.

I think it was the furtive movements that led to genius' arrest. The comments were probably what tipped the cop off that this guy was up to no good. Officer safety outweighs "freedom of speech", in my book. But I think, that in a court of law, those comments could be translated as a direct threat. Should the cop have waited for the guy to grab the knife and then shot him? Would that have been a better scenario for you?

Cop did the right thing. No one got hurt and idiot gets his 15 mins....
    I'm for freedom of speech as much as the next guy but sometimes that free speech that comes out of your mouth has consequences. If it went down like the story says and the guy spouts out "your free to get shot up" and makes a move under the seat he's lucky they didn't shoot his @ss. I'm pretty sure in a court of law that the combination of "your free to get shot up" in combination with the reach under the seat would hold up as an assualt.

Assualt: "The act required for an assault must be overt. Although words alone are insufficient, they might create an assault when coupled with some action that indicates the ability to carry out the threat. A mere threat to harm is not an assault; however, a threat combined with a raised fist might be sufficient if it causes a reasonable apprehension of harm in the victim."

To make a long story short the guys an idiot
  • Options
    Based on his statements alone I would have taken him out of the car to make sure he was not under the influence. Then search his car. He really is lucky to be alive.
  • Options
    The guy didn't reach for the knife, the knifie was in a door side panel. Nothing was said about or if anything was under the seat. Like I said, cops have too much power. Funny though. I mean I know a few people that have been out right threatened, and the police say there is nothing they can do, but some stupid traffic cop arrests a guy for talking smack and reaching under his seat. I mean wtf. I'm sorry that ain't right. I mean just cause a cop did it doesn't make it right. Should the cop have made the guy get out of the car? YEs to see if he was reaching for a weapon. If he was and after those comments then sure maybe. But it's a thin line, something which seems to be overlooked all the freaking time.
  • Options
    bige1371:
    Based on his statements alone I would have taken him out of the car to make sure he was not under the influence. Then search his car. He really is lucky to be alive.
    Like I said, statements like that are what makes police more and more disliked. Cops are no different than anyone else, I mean if a cop gets shot or killed oh my god, let's make a huge deal out of it, but if a civilian gets killed, eh, well look into it. Thing is, POLICE SIGN UP FOR THE JOB. Some average joe on the street doesn't. So cops are nothing special. But the mentality is oh, sure they are above the rest of us. I'm sorry, If I wanted to tell a cop at a traffic stop that I laugh at shot cops or that bank robbery in early 90 down in cali was bad ass, I shouldn't have to deal with the cop arresting me. Sure I was out of line but that's my right.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    So, squirrel.... I can't count on your support for this years Police Memorial Fund Raiser?

Here.... this chip fell of your shoulder. Need it back?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Phobic, If you were a police officer would you not assume this dude was high or drunk making such statements? I don't care either way as I find humor in the story. This dude probably deep down wanted to be a LEO but couldn't hack it and in return holds a gruge.
  • Options
    sdloco30sdloco30 Posts: 32
    phobicsquirrel:
    bige1371:
    Like I said, statements like that are what makes police more and more disliked. Cops are no different than anyone else, I mean if a cop gets shot or killed oh my god, let's make a huge deal out of it, but if a civilian gets killed, eh, well look into it. Thing is, POLICE SIGN UP FOR THE JOB. Some average joe on the street doesn't. So cops are nothing special. But the mentality is oh, sure they are above the rest of us. I'm sorry, If I wanted to tell a cop at a traffic stop that I laugh at shot cops or that bank robbery in early 90 down in cali was bad ass, I shouldn't have to deal with the cop arresting me. Sure I was out of line but that's my right.

The only people I have known that dislike police, are the ones that have something to hide. If your not a jacka$$ like this guys was, then they don't mess with you. And yes, we do make a big deal when they get shot since they did sign up for the job to protect and serve us. And I don't know about you, but everyone I know cares very much when an "innocent" person get killed. 3-4 weeks ago a father shot his kid and wife before killing himself here, and the news still talks about it. But your right, I really could care less if the drug dealer that was packing was killed in some drive-by. Just saying.
  • Options
    Man pushing mannequin not a threat to others, officials say

Residents of Watertown and the southern part of Jefferson County may see a man and his mannequin traveling along Route 11. A man who goes by the name of Ned Nefer, 38, is traveling from Syracuse to Watertown by foot. He is pushing “Teagan” a 6-foot mannequin who Mr. Nefer claims is his wife.

Jefferson County Sheriff John P. Burns said that Nefer is a shortened version of Ned’s real last name but he does have a valid state Department of Motor Vehicles identification card, not a license. He said a deputy responded to a call Tuesday night in Ellisburg but Mr. Nefer was not taken into custody and is not deemed a threat.

Lisa Spear, principal social welfare examiner for Jefferson County Department of Social Services stopped to talk with him Wednesday morning while he was in Adams Center. She said she deals with a variety of mental illnesses and people who suffer from them, but has never experienced anyone like Mr. Nefer. “This is definitely one of the very oddest things I’ve ever come across but he seems very happy,” she said. “I wouldn’t classify him as dangerous at all. He seemed quite happy in his own little world.”

Mr. Nefer said he was born in Syracuse and in the 1980’s spent some time at the Children’s Home in Watertown, where he said he met “Teagan” when she was just a head. He said he built a body for the mannequin and the two were married Oct. 31, 1986, in California. They are traveling to the former Children’s Home on State Street, where the two met, he said. Mr. Nefer said he has not been back to Watertown since 1988.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    taking idiot very literal today huh? lol
  • Options
    I guess he dosen't have to worry about his "wife" ever leaving him lol.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Super pervert lol....

• Options
    Man faked brain injury to get diaper changed

HOOKSETT — A 23-year-old man pretended he suffered from a brain injury so an unsuspecting in-home nurse would change his adult diaper, police said. Eric Carrier, of 95 Granite St., Hooksett, turned himself into police Tuesday after a warrant was issued charging him with indecent exposure. Carrier allegedly faked having a severe brain injury that would require him to wear adult diapers. A nurse caring for him became suspicious, police said.

Hooksett Police Detective Janet Bouchard said Carrier placed advertisements on Craigslist requesting services from in-home nurses. In the advertisements, Carrier allegedly posed as his father and said he needed help caring for his son, who suffered a brain injury in a car accident. “He had no disability. He wasn’t in a car accident,” Bouchard said. When a nurse arrived at Carrier’s home in March, the “father” was nowhere to be found and Carrier was at the home by himself and acting as if he were disabled, police said. “(The nurse) stated that because the father wasn’t home, she decided she didn’t want to leave him” without a clean diaper. “He exposed himself and it caused alarm to this nurse,” Bouchard said. “He brought her there under false pretenses.”

The nurse was in the home less than an hour before the diaper incident occurred. Police said the visit was meant to be an introduction so the nurse could assess what type of care she needed to provide in the future. After some time, she was unsure if he actually needed nursing care. When no one called the nurse back to schedule future appointments, she called police to report what happened. He is scheduled for a district court arraignment in about three weeks.
  • Options
    Dumber and Dumber – Armed Robbers Rob Dunkin’ Donuts – Take Bag of DONUTS Instead of Cash

Police say masked and armed men in Cape Cod thought they were nabbing a bag of dough. They did – just not the kind they wanted.

Three Hyannis men are facing armed robbery while masked charges after police say they robbed a Dunkin’ Donuts with knives and a hatchet on Wednesday – and only ended up with a bag of doughnuts. According to police, the men demanded a paper bag that was in one of the worker’s purses, mistakenly believing she was carrying cash from the day’s receipts. But police say the men never looked inside. The men were captured on video and police were able to track them down on Thursday. Arrested were 19-year-old Nicholas Mercurio, 21-year-old Lukas Peterson and 20-year-old Charles Iliffe.
  • Options
    ^^^This is your brain on drugs!!!
  • Options
    Todays idiot goes to the FEMA inspector that disqualified this couples FEMA grant due to "insufficient damage."

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- The tornado turned Jonathan Stewart's house into a pile of rubble on April 27, nothing but bricks and debris scattered ovei a concrete slab.

Days later, an inspector from the Federal Emergency Management Agency came to Stewart's address in Pleasant Grove, and took some notes and pictures. Three days later, Stewart received a letter stating he didn't qualify for a FEMA grant. One of the reasons: Insufficient damage.

'Based on your FEMA inspection, we have determined that the disaster has not caused your home to be unsafe to live in,' the letter read.

The reaction of Stewart and his wife: 'Lisa and I looked at the letter and laughed,' he said. Similarly, Lashunta Tabb's house in North Smithfield Manor has three damaged outer walls, it's stripped of its siding, and more than half of the roof is gone.

There's no way to live there, she said. But after a FEMA inspection, she received a letter that was word for word what the Stewarts received: Insufficient damage.

"Although the disaster may have caused some minor damage," both letters stated, "it is reasonable to expect you or your landlord to make these repairs. At this time you are not eligible for FEMA housing assistance."
  • Options
    Wow!!
  • Options
    Anyone remember Fire Marshall Bill ? "Let me show you something." "Let's just say you got a van, and inside are several filled gas containers, and I decide to light this cigarette...."

Man puts a can of gasoline inside his van, lights up a cigarette, goes BOOM, and rolls into the fire station driveway for the ta-da
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I'd like to nominate the entire city of Vancouver to the Idiot of the Day thread. Setting fire to and looting your city always makes a fine coping mechanism for a hockey team losing a game.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Man shoots finger off in wart removal (hold muh beer alert) A British man has shot his own finger off in an effort to get rid of a painful wart. Sean Murphy, a security guard from Yorkshire, blew most of his middle finger off with a shotgun after drinking several pints of beer, The Sun newspaper reported. The 38-year-old was charged with possessing an illegal firearm after the incident but walked free yesterday after a judge handed him a suspended sentence. Murphy told the Doncaster Magistrates' Court how he had lived with the wart for five years and had tried several removal creams over the years to no avail. He added that the wart "was hurting a lot and causing my finger to bend". "It was as big as my thumbnail. I'd been to the doctors with it and tried all sorts of things but it wouldn't go," he was quoted saying. (excerpt) http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/weird-news/2011/06/16/man-shoots-off-his-own-finger-to-get-rid-of-growth-wart-an-idiot-86908-23205185/
  • Options
    Thanks for the fill in guy's. I'll admit I'm a slacker. Well thanks to this guy you may no longer be able to buy a toilet without a permit.

Man Accused Of Throwing Toilet At State Trooper Gets Trial
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

I was waiting for the part of the story where he uses a shotgun to circumcise himself..

Marty

• Options
    ....and they say men don't want to pullover and ask for directions admitting they're lost.

GPS leads lost driver down boat ramp

BELLEVUE, Wash. - Three young women escaped a sinking SUV after a direction from a rental car GPS unit sent them down a boat launch and into the Mercer Slough near Bellevue early Wednesday. The driver apparently thought she was on a road while following her GPS unit just after midnight - but she was actually heading down the Sweyolocken boat launch.

"We've seen sitcom parodies of something like this and to actually see it is surprising," said Lt. Eric Keenan with the Bellevue Fire Department.

The road was dark and the driver crashed the SUV into the water in Mercer Slough Nature Park. "I don't know why they wouldn't question driving into a puddle that doesn't seem to end," Keenan said. He says one of the women immediately jumped to safety. "We understand the other two women tried to stay with the SUV as long as they could by standing on these side door frames, but they finally had to wade to safety when the vehicle kept drifting out farther into the slough," Keenan said. All three women made out safely, but the SUV was completely under water. Officials said the three were in town for a Costco conference in Issaquah and trying to get to a hotel in Bellevue.

"They were trying to re-route their path and found this boat launch near the entrance to I-90 in South Bellevue and just kept driving into the water," Keenan said.

A tow truck driver was at the scene before 5 a.m., but couldn't even see the SUV. However, they were able to eventually find the vehicle and tow it out of the water later Wednesday morning. Police don't suspect drugs or alcohol were involved -- just a case of a lost driver and a GPS system that didn't quite live up to standards.
  • Options
    Deputies: Man arrested for murder while fleeing with cocaine stuffed inside body .

HOUMA, La. - A Houma man was booked on second degree murder charges Saturday, four days after deputies arrested him for running from his house to elude them, naked with a plastic bag of cocaine partially stuffed inside his body.

Jamie Coleman was arrested by Lafourche Parish sheriff's deputies for the murder of Catina Stewart Jack, 38, of Gibson. Jack's body was discovered Wednesday on the side of the road in Thibodaux, according to a press release from the sheriff's office.

Investigators went to find Coleman, an acquaintance of Jack’s, Wednesday afternoon after gathering evidence at the scene and interviewing friends and family. When authorities approached a house inside which they were told Coleman could be found, they said he ran from the back of the home.

After apprehending him, powder cocaine was found stuffed inside his ****, deputies said. Authorities also said they found cocaine inside the home. Coleman was arrested on charges of attempting to distribute cocaine and child support issues, and later booked with murder.

Bond was set at $49,000 for the drug charges but no bond was set on the child support and murder charges. Deputies did not release information on a possible motive for the murder.