Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Video Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    acewoodson:
    This may sound lame but I have corrupted the kids in my youth group with the Atari 2600. I still have my original from the 80's and a lot of cartridges. They love it and it has been a blast having a whole new generation to play classic games with.

I still have a NES and SNES. Who needs MW3 When you have Duck hunt! lol
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goatmilk:
    acewoodson:
    This may sound lame but I have corrupted the kids in my youth group with the Atari 2600. I still have my original from the 80's and a lot of cartridges. They love it and it has been a blast having a whole new generation to play classic games with.

I still have a NES and SNES. Who needs MW3 When you have Duck hunt! lol
    Lol I have that as a ring tone on my smart phone.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    OK so I know it's old but I just started playing Heavy Rain... sweet god this game rules.

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    OK so I know it's old but I just started playing Heavy Rain... sweet god this game rules.

One of my all time favorites man..I know you can play it a few times with different situations..but after I finished the game I just couldnt start it all over again....but damn that game has some great moments!!
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:

One of my all time favorites man..I know you can play it a few times with different situations..but after I finished the game I just couldnt start it all over again....but damn that game has some great moments!!
    I'm surprised it took me this long to get it.
    Did you ever play Indigo Prophecy?

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:

No I have not..but after reading your post I just googled it...looks like a pretty sweet game. Did you play it on ps2 or xbox?
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:

No I have not..but after reading your post I just googled it...looks like a pretty sweet game. Did you play it on ps2 or xbox?
    Both... got it for PS2 then my PS2 started giving me disc read errors, (fortunately it worked the day I traded it in and got my first 360) After I got a 360 I picked up the xbox version and played through it again.

• Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Ive been playing Castle Crashers lately. Picked up Demon Souls waiting for that to come in the mail. Also trying to pick up Mass Effect 2 so I can play that and move onto the 3rd. OH and Preordered Diablo 3 Collectors Edition!!! Woo.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Bf3 on xbox ? Bigeffinsteve
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    just built a new computer, so now I've been up long hours playing Starcraft 2 and Mass Effect 3. So many video games to play, soooo little time.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I see 2 of you r workin towards ME3...have you played it yet..I started a thread for it, but I want to get your opinions on it, and not spoil it, so what do you think?
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:

Great game, I finished a while back but my backlog of xbox games has kept me from playing it thru a again...will revisit soon for sure after this ME3 mess is cleared...
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    JSaint:
    Ive been playing Castle Crashers lately. Picked up Demon Souls waiting for that to come in the mail. Also trying to pick up Mass Effect 2 so I can play that and move onto the 3rd. OH and Preordered Diablo 3 Collectors Edition!!! Woo.
    I haven't played Demon Souls, but I got Dark Souls. Death comes quickly but it's a blast!
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I've been playing Borderlands on PS3 for a few months now. On my second playthrough with my second character and love it.

It's all the good stuff that hooked me on MMOs (grinding, advancing, getting TONS of awesome stuff, etc) without all the bad stuff that made me quit (6+ hour time commitments, dealing with 12 year olds, etc).

Second one drops in September and I'm going to preorder that bad boy.

p.s. - PS3 S/N of Halfpunch (don't think I've posted it earlier)
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    For those of you with Steam, you may want to check it out right now. Their summer sale just started, and there's some pretty crazy pricing available.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't done too much gaming lately...other than an occasional afternoon playing wii with my fiance.

But I was on a Gran-Turismo 5 streak (Yes I know it's old) there for a while. Played A-spec for a couple hours almost every other day and ran the B-spec races in between...
    Haven't been on for about 6 months though but after seeing this thread, you all have inspired me to fire it up and race a couple laps when I get home tonight.

Anybody else big on GT5; or racing-sims in general?
    I remember spending many afternoons playing the original Gran-Turismo and Need for Speed games on my Playstation back in the late 90s...good times.

And hit me up if you want to race, I'm a little rusty though...
    PSN ID is xx-jgibv-xx
    Stats:

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    Haven't done too much gaming lately...other than an occasional afternoon playing wii with my fiance.

But I was on a Gran-Turismo 5 streak (Yes I know it's old) there for a while. Played A-spec for a couple hours almost every other day and ran the B-spec races in between...
    Haven't been on for about 6 months though but after seeing this thread, you all have inspired me to fire it up and race a couple laps when I get home tonight.

I remember spending many afternoons playing the original Gran-Turismo and Need for Speed games on my Playstation back in the late 90s...good times.

PSN ID is xx-jgibv-xx
    Stats:
    You got me beat by a long shot....This was a tough game, so congrats!
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    jgibv:

PSN ID is xx-jgibv-xx
    Stats:
    You got me beat by a long shot....This was a tough game, so congrats!
    Thanks dude, it's definitely a very tough game at times - it took me forever to get into the upper-teens, low-20s on A-Spec....but once I unlocked the redbull x2010 it made the expert/extreme races pretty easy and since those had some pretty-big XP points, I could level up every 3-4 races.
    I've been trying to go back through and get Gold trophies for all the licenses and special events but some are damn near impossible to finish, let alone get bronze.

The only A-spec races I have left are the timed-endurance races and I just don't want to sit around for 3 hours (or up to 24 hours) playing this game.

And on a somewhat related note.....check out this bada$$ gaming rig. It's built for an F1 simulator but how sweet would it be to play any game on this?
    http://gizmodo.com/5926043/175+degree-display-fills-your-entire-vision-with-gaming-goodness

• Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    If anyone hasn't played Asheron's Call - MMO, its still a blast. It's a fairly old MMO released by Microsoft back in 1999 which is now owned by Turbine so that graphics are a little out of date, but this game is a diamond in the rough and literally has the best game engine ever created for a MMO. You have full movement of your character, best skill system. Everyone is coming back to the game because all these mmos (WoW, Guild Wars, Diablo 3..yeah I said it! These games just dumb down everything, you cant even raise your stats) just suck compared to AC.
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    For those of you with Steam, you may want to check it out right now. Their summer sale just started, and there's some pretty crazy pricing available.

I wish I could say this has been draining my bank account, but I've bought 8 games for ~$50 so far.
    I'm Liquidshorts on steam if anyone wants to play stuff. (I'm friends with Turn_key? but I forgot who it was)
    I've been playing a lot of Battlefield 3 lately, and am doing the Guild Wars 2 beta this weekend.
  • Options
    LeftFive:
    Russ55:

I wish I could say this has been draining my bank account, but I've bought 8 games for ~$50 so far.
    I'm Liquidshorts on steam if anyone wants to play stuff. (I'm friends with Turn_key? but I forgot who it was)
    I've been playing a lot of Battlefield 3 lately, and am doing the Guild Wars 2 beta this weekend.
    Yeah, same. I've picked up a bunch of stuff in the 2-5 dollar range that I've been wanting for a while. The more expensive games can wait. They'll only get cheaper, and it's not like I have tons of time to play anyway.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeftFive:
    Russ55:

BF3 huh? Gamer Tag?
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    im an xbox player if anyone wants to hit me up my gamertag is Siil3ntd3cay
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    The buffalonian:
    That's awesome. I have been playing quite a bit of Battlefield 3 but am really looking forward to the new Medal of Honor game that comes out here in a couple of months. My gamertag is DEVIANTSpudman
  • Options
    Lakota72:
    The buffalonian:
    That's awesome. I have been playing quite a bit of Battlefield 3 but am really looking forward to the new Medal of Honor game that comes out here in a couple of months. My gamertag is DEVIANTSpudman
    that and black ops 2 i cant wait!
  • Options
    To all you FPS fans - I know BF, COD, and MOH are the most popular FPSs....
    But are any of you Tom Clancy fans?
    If so, are you as excited as I am for Rainbow 6 Patriots?????

IMHO the Rainbow 6 series is his best series of games. I played the original Rainbow 6 when it was ported to N64 many moons ago....And in the late-2000s my friends and I were real big on Rainbow 6 Vegas (1&2), borderline obsessed with it.

So I am anxiously awaiting Rainbow 6 Patriots and if I end up getting it for 360 I may even renew my XBL for it...because what I've seen so far looks pretty bada$$ and if it's anything like Vegas I think we're in for a treat.

And for you fans of Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell - don't throw me to the wolves yet - I've played some of those series as well but just didn't enjoyed them as much. They just didn't impress me as much as the Rainbow 6 games have.

• Options
    R6, the early ones, are one of the few FPS I can stand. Good games.

I bought Dawnguard for Skyrim a few days ago, I'd recommend waiting on buying it. It's value is debatable, but much worse is that it appears to be very buggy. Pre DG, my game was very stable, and now, not so much.
  • Options
    jgibv:

Team Fortress 2 called. It wants you to know it is willing to forgive you your oversight on this statement. :p

Here's a video of me demonstrating how to play medic for a TF2 community I'm a member of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQq0sZTqmSk

• Options
    drpepperdude:
    jgibv:

Team Fortress 2 called. It wants you to know it is willing to forgive you your oversight on this statement. :p

Here's a video of me demonstrating how to play medic for a TF2 community I'm a member of.

1st off - sorry for the oversight. Maybe FPS wasn't the right term, how about "present-day, more-realistic shooter" or something along those lines.

And I've never actually played TF2 (whattt?!?!?!??, yes I said it. it's true, sorry.) so I this game didn't cross my mind. But after watching the youtube video of you playing it, i gotta say that it looks pretty damn fun. I'll have to give it a look next time I'm shopping, maybe pick up a copy.

• Options
    jgibv:
    drpepperdude:
    jgibv:

1st off - sorry for the oversight. Maybe FPS wasn't the right term, how about "present-day, more-realistic shooter" or something along those lines.

And I've never actually played TF2 (whattt?!?!?!??, yes I said it. it's true, sorry.) so I this game didn't cross my mind. But after watching the youtube video of you playing it, i gotta say that it looks pretty damn fun. I'll have to give it a look next time I'm shopping, maybe pick up a copy.
    TF2 is great ,also got into playing gotham imposters