Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Video Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    The buffalonian:
    TF2 is great ,also got into playing gotham imposters
    Gotham city imposters is a blast, so was monday night combat when it was heavily played. Haven't played super monday night combat yet, but it looks neat. Currently, it seems all I am playing is League of Legends, and waiting for Fall of Cybertron.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    R6, the early ones, are one of the few FPS I can stand. Good games.

I bought Dawnguard for Skyrim a few days ago, I'd recommend waiting on buying it. It's value is debatable, but much worse is that it appears to be very buggy. Pre DG, my game was very stable, and now, not so much.
    Yeah the R6 series is really the only "modern-shooter" that I get excited for these days. Don't get me wrong, the early CODs, BFs and MOHs were good, but IMO - it seems like ever since Modern Warfare was released (and sold like hot cakes) all of the other "modern-shooters" are just trying to copy/imitate the look & feel of Modern warfare in an attempt to have successful sales.
    Give me something new and different instead of releasing a nearly identical game for $60 every 6 months, stop re-hashin!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Russ55:
    R6, the early ones, are one of the few FPS I can stand. Good games.

I bought Dawnguard for Skyrim a few days ago, I'd recommend waiting on buying it. It's value is debatable, but much worse is that it appears to be very buggy. Pre DG, my game was very stable, and now, not so much.
    Yeah the R6 series is really the only "modern-shooter" that I get excited for these days. Don't get me wrong, the early CODs, BFs and MOHs were good, but IMO - it seems like ever since Modern Warfare was released (and sold like hot cakes) all of the other "modern-shooters" are just trying to copy/imitate the look & feel of Modern warfare in an attempt to have successful sales.
    Give me something new and different instead of releasing a nearly identical game for $60 every 6 months, stop re-hashin!!
    im only really getting black ops 2 for the zombies
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    jgibv:
    drpepperdude:
    jgibv:
    To all you FPS fans - I know BF, COD, and MOH are the most popular FPSs....

Team Fortress 2 called. It wants you to know it is willing to forgive you your oversight on this statement. :p

Here's a video of me demonstrating how to play medic for a TF2 community I'm a member of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQq0sZTqmSk

1st off - sorry for the oversight. Maybe FPS wasn't the right term, how about "present-day, more-realistic shooter" or something along those lines.

And I've never actually played TF2 (whattt?!?!?!??, yes I said it. it's true, sorry.) so I this game didn't cross my mind. But after watching the youtube video of you playing it, i gotta say that it looks pretty damn fun. I'll have to give it a look next time I'm shopping, maybe pick up a copy.
    TF2 is free to play - download and enjoy. If you spend $0.50 in the Mann Co Store (TF2 store), you get trading privileges and can trade weapons and hats; other than that, the free version has everything.

I've been playing Skyrim lately, trying to finish up the main quest so I have an excuse to play Dawnguard, but then Valve went and started teasing the new TF2 updated, Mann vs Machines, so I'm hooked again and have been brushing up my gunslinger engy and scout play.

Other than that, the Steam Summer Sale doubled the size of my games library, so I've got more games than I know what to do with jsut sitting there waiting to be played.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawken
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Cooking Mama is so fun
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Cooking Mama is so fun
    i thought My Little Pony:Adventure in Candy Island was your favorite
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Playing Bioshock 2 right now. Waiting on the new Assassins Creed, Rome 2 Total War, Bioshock Infinitie and Dragon Age 3.
  • Options
    Waiting on Blk Ops 2 and Hawken.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Waiting on Blk Ops 2 and Hawken.
    That reminds me, is there somekind of Beta out right now for Hawken on PC?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'm debating on getting borderlands 2 and torchlight, just the time thing. halo 4 comes out too, which I am on the fence about, haven't played the 360 in a while. Also sim city and crysis is coming out... then there's the bioshock. AH, 1st quarter of '13 is going to be a time killer. Too bad I don't have a third arm, for my cigars. Hard to smoke and use both hands playing games.
  • Options
    I don't know why I keep tormenting myself by watching videos like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUMMQJKV7BY

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Been gaming hard lately. Playing some of the games that 2012 missed.

Started off with Binary Domain... the cover art makes the game look cheesy. And after a mission or two of standard run and gun the story really picks up.
    Honestly I'd say the game is on par with the first Mass Effect... true sleeper game.

Second on the list was Spec-Ops: The Line. I didn't like the demo of the game so I was biased going into it. But after getting into it I realized the demo was like only looking at a portion of the picture.
    This game has the most compelling story I've played in a very long time.
    Like playing a twisted version of Apocalypse Now.
    Probably my game of the year.

Then moved on to Max Payne 3
    Game is good but it doesn't have that "I wasn't expecting that" moment.
    The story develops slowly but you can see every twist from a mile away.

Then came Inversion
    Mehfest is meh.

After that was Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
    This game is so long that I just gave up.

Once giving up on the super long RPG I started I Am Alive.
    It is one of the hardest and most frustrating games I've ever played. Loved every minute of it.

There's probably more but I can't really recall.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Been gaming hard lately. Playing some of the games that 2012 missed.

Started off with Binary Domain... the cover art makes the game look cheesy. And after a mission or two of standard run and gun the story really picks up.
    Honestly I'd say the game is on par with the first Mass Effect... true sleeper game.

Second on the list was Spec-Ops: The Line. I didn't like the demo of the game so I was biased going into it. But after getting into it I realized the demo was like only looking at a portion of the picture.
    This game has the most compelling story I've played in a very long time.
    Like playing a twisted version of Apocalypse Now.
    Probably my game of the year.

Then moved on to Max Payne 3
    Game is good but it doesn't have that "I wasn't expecting that" moment.
    The story develops slowly but you can see every twist from a mile away.

Then came Inversion
    Mehfest is meh.

After that was Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
    This game is so long that I just gave up.

Once giving up on the super long RPG I started I Am Alive.
    It is one of the hardest and most frustrating games I've ever played. Loved every minute of it.

There's probably more but I can't really recall.

I feel the same way about Kingdoms of Amalur. Comparing a game to Mass Effect is very bold, I will have to check it out!
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I hate you guys. Went to a site to look up info on Spec Ops and I see they've just announced Dark Souls II. The countdown begins!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    bbass2:
    I hate you guys. Went to a site to look up info on Spec Ops and I see they've just announced Dark Souls II. The countdown begins!
    After getting killed by a skeleton... repeatedly... I gave up trying to play that game.

• Options
    Friday I'm picking up Binary Domain and Age of Empires 3.
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    What's a good system??? I'm leaning toward the new 360 I've only played PC games. Well only world of Warcraft the last 5 years lol
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Medic45:
    What's a good system??? I'm leaning toward the new 360 I've only played PC games. Well only world of Warcraft the last 5 years lol
    I guess its personal preference.. i am PS3 person and always have been, nothing against xbox but i prefer PS3
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    Medic45:
    I guess its personal preference.. i am PS3 person and always have been, nothing against xbox but i prefer PS3
    I agree...I've played on both and chose the Xbox. Being disabled, I have quite a bit of time to burn...more in the winter months. I spend a lot of my time on Call of Duty multiplayer, but I honestly suck at it lately. Prior to getting hurt (5+ yrs ago) I was pretty darned good, but since then my stats have gotten worse as time passes.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    COD is one of the games I'm wanting to play!!! :) just can't make up my mind in the system I also like flight sim games and racing!!
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Brian, they are both good. But at this point, you should wait until next year when they release the new and latest systems.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Brian, they are both good. But at this point, you should wait until next year when they release the new and latest systems.
    Damn i hate this technology stuff sometimes.. now i will have to buy a PS4
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    +1 James has a very good point here --- even though nothing's confirmed, the rumors are that the PS4 and next Xbox will be released in 2013 (probably late in the year, close to the holidays).

Soooo, if you're willing to wait a year (and assuming the rumors hold true) - IMHO, that would be the best option so you can get the "newest console" and best bang-for-your-buck, so to speak.

But if you want something sooner - as everyone else said - PS3 vs 360 is more personal preference and what you want to get out of it, IMO.

I have both, and like both for different reasons .... IMHO 360 is a better console if you're going to play a lot of online-multiplayer games...its matchmaking system is way better than PS3, but it should be since it costs about $60/year for Xbox whereas the PS3 is free.

But PS3 is, overall, a more "versatile" console - built-in blu-ray player, very easy to plug-and-play external HDD to play movies/music/photos, easier to network with a PC to stream music/videos (it's a pain in the a$$ to get the 360 to network with a PC), and the built in web-browser is pretty decent.

And as far as flight and racing sims go ---- idk if Ace Combat counts as a flight sim, but I've played it for both and like it a lot better on PS3.
    Racing sims is again personal preference - 360 has Forza exclusively, PS3 has GranTurismo exclusively. They're both great games, and again this is more of personal preference --- but I'd take the GranTurismo series over Forza if I had to choose only 1.

• Options
    Hmmm decisions decisions lol and No I can't wait lol money burning a hole in my pocket!!!! John I love the details you went into for me and I appreciate it!!! I may have to look at the 3 slightly more next chance I get to game stop!!! And check the price point !!!!!
  • Options
    Has anyone played All stars Battle Royal on PS3? Fun!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Medic45:
    Hmmm decisions decisions lol and No I can't wait lol money burning a hole in my pocket!!!! John I love the details you went into for me and I appreciate it!!! I may have to look at the 3 slightly more next chance I get to game stop!!! And check the price point !!!!!
    You're welcome dude, going to show this post to my wife and I can now tell her that my "video game knowledge" isn't completely useless, haha!!
    Good luck picking one out and happy shopping --- and feel free to shoot me a PM if you think of anything else specific.

• Options
    danielzreyes:
    Has anyone played All stars Battle Royal on PS3? Fun!!!!!!!!!
    Seen the commercials on TV, looked pretty sweet....

Is it like super smash bros only with PS3 characters?

• Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Too much PS3 talk. Anyone here a xbox player mainly?
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    Too much PS3 talk. Anyone here a xbox player mainly?
    I am. Gamertag Oogie407