Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Video Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    scarlin:
    Too much PS3 talk. Anyone here a xbox player mainly?

I just bought me one err I mean my kids one for Cmas. Ive been a PS guy all my life but figured id give it a shot. I got the Halo 4 Spec edition one. Ive never even played Halo but heard lots of good things.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Teege:
    scarlin:

I just bought me one err I mean my kids one for Cmas. Ive been a PS guy all my life but figured id give it a shot. I got the Halo 4 Spec edition one. Ive never even played Halo but heard lots of good things.
    IMO Halo 4 is the worst of all the Halos. Too 'incomplete' for my liking. My GT is Mojave Spirit. I warn you, I act like a damn fool sometimes.
  • Options
    I've been on a Borderland's 2 kick lately. I still need to finish Dishonored as well. Other than that. I'm waiting on The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite to release next year.
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    Add me foo.. gamer tag bigeffinsteve
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Just picked up Dungeon Siege 1 2 and 3 for 7 bones on Steam...anyone played em?
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    scarlin:
    Add me foo.. gamer tag bigeffinsteve
    sil3nt d3cay is mine
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Games I've been playing recently.
    Forza Horizon, I think this is a great arcade style racer,
    FUSE a linear run and gun, should've waited for a price drop,
    Remember Me I wish I never purchased this horribly boring game. I traded it in after a week.
    The last of us, now this is how a video game should be.
    State of Decay, a great open world zombie romp.

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Remember Me I wish I never purchased this horribly boring game. I traded it in after a week.

yeah picked up the last of us.awesome game i cant seem to put the controoller down once i pick it up.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:

I haven't bought a game that wasnt a spor'ts game in a while but i am watching a walk thru of Remember me and the Last of Us. Last of us looks like a awesome game.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Right now my wife and I are playing through the campaign on Aliens: Colonial Marines.
    Being a fan of the franchise the game is a bit of a let down.

• Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Fallout New Vegas, "Overly" Modded again and again. Just Love the Nexus :) lets games just keep on giving
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    My thoughts on the Xbone..

The console itself (stuff I noticed that doesn't include graphics)-> Many features are an upgrade and convenient. The multiple operating systems makes switching game to tv or something else seamless and fast. Xbox Live Feed is pointless and makes the friends list hard to access. Chat quality is MUCH improved and I had trouble recognizing friends by voice in the beginning. The dash still could use some added updates and tuning. Kinect does make navigation and overall use easier, even if you cover the camera (use voice commands instead).

Games

Battlefield 4 -> Glitchy still and was definitely rushed to the Market by EA. Has Potential
    COD Ghosts -> Carbon copy of the last 12, but noticeably more balanced.
    Forza 5 ->Beautiful Graphics with gameplay like the others. The little things are finely tuned.
    Assassin's Creed IV ->Best nextgen game so far. Graphics are stunning for 720p.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Sooo...I'm gonna necro post.

Is anyone picking up Titanfall tomorrow as well?
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played the Titanfall Beta and hate it. Not fun at all IMO. I'll just keep playing COD on my Xbox One.
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Bump this as well as ask... Any one play ghost on PS4?
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    I play Ghost but I'm still on PS3. Waiting for a game to make me buy the PS4
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    I play Ghost but I'm still on PS3. Waiting for a game to make me buy the PS4
    Yeah thats the downside of it right now... not a lot of games on the ps4
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
  • Options
    Argonians FTW.image
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I just started gaming again, been on cod black ops 2.. Ps3. Add me deejmemixx
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    What do you play on black ops 2? zombies? team death match? domination? What's your KDR? IF I have the time I'll add you. I used to play daily until I started studying for the CFA exam
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    deejmemixx:
    What do you play on black ops 2? zombies? team death match? domination? What's your KDR? IF I have the time I'll add you. I used to play daily until I started studying for the CFA exam
    I need to get in on some of this. Been awhile though. I mostly played Dom, kdr last I checked was well above 3.00 until I started letting my son use my account. KingDANIMAL
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    My kdr sucks Lol, but I spend a lot of time using the RPG and get killed a lot..don't really care if I have 30 kills it 2 kills...it takes my mind off life for a bit. Its .68 I think
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Just paid off Destiny Ghost Edition for PS4. Can not wait for this to come out!
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    thinking about getting a newer console for the upcoming games in the fall. games i am looking forward to are Farcry, Forza horizon 2 and eventually get rainbow six (should be epic).
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I need to get Skyrim for the 360. Having withdraws.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beaker38:
    thinking about getting a newer console for the upcoming games in the fall. games i am looking forward to are Farcry, Forza horizon 2 and eventually get rainbow six (should be epic).
    They cancelled patriots and reworked it. got rid of single player campaign and it will be mostly online multiplayer now like cod and bf. Vegas 1&2 only was fun but I always like rainbow6 for their campaign mode....was excited for patriots, not sure now....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    jgibv:
    Beaker38:
    They cancelled patriots and reworked it. got rid of single player campaign and it will be mostly online multiplayer now like cod and bf. Vegas 1&2 only was fun but I always like rainbow6 for their campaign mode....was excited for patriots, not sure now....
    Yeah Vegas was the first game i played when the 360 came out. loved both of them and was looking forward to patriot and when it got canceled i was upset but the new one looks pretty cool
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I think they announced Rainbow Six Siege at E3 earlier this year. Looking at the trailer, it looks like something I'd love to play on the Xbox One since it requires a lot of teamwork to coordinate with a team to clear rooms and rescue hostages (or keep SWAT away from the hostage if you're playing as the criminals). Don't know if I'd want to play with a bunch of randoms though.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    I think they announced Rainbow Six Siege at E3 earlier this year. Looking at the trailer, it looks like something I'd love to play on the Xbox One since it requires a lot of teamwork to coordinate with a team to clear rooms and rescue hostages (or keep SWAT away from the hostage if you're playing as the criminals). Don't know if I'd want to play with a bunch of randoms though.
    I agree with you Wayne.
    IDK how much I'd like those modes with a bunch of randoms. But if it was a good group to play with I'm sure it would be fun. Kind of like juggernaut game mode on COD. Not something I'd want to leave up to online matchmaking, but good for LAN.

Here's a short article from last month where one of the devs talks about why Patriots got canned and what to expect from Siege.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rainbow-six-patriots-was-canceled-to-allow-for-a-next-gen-experience/1100-6420576/

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *