Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Whats your favorite gurkha?

Comments

• Options
    I know it's lower on the scale, and relatively new, but what did you guys think about the Turk? I have a friend who liked it and so I bought the 6 for $20 deal. I'd just like to know what to expect.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    bangalohr:
    I know it's lower on the scale, and relatively new, but what did you guys think about the Turk? I have a friend who liked it and so I bought the 6 for $20 deal. I'd just like to know what to expect.

The Turk is a very mild but flavorful stick. It is a departure from most of the other Gurkha's but I have gone through quite a few of them and enjoyed them. They will always have a space or two in one of my Humi's.
  • Options
    Great! I'm holding off on higher end smokes for bit. I'm buying a couple higher end gurkhas to age, but it'll be a while until I smoke them.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    bangalohr:
    Great! I'm holding off on higher end smokes for bit. I'm buying a couple higher end gurkhas to age, but it'll be a while until I smoke them.

I know it may not be the high end of the spectrum but the Doble Maduro from Gurkha is great and they are going at pretty good prices these days. I just scored a mazo of 15!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The only Ghurka's I have ever had was about 1 1/2 -2 years ago. They were in a gray tin had 5-6 smokes in there and were good-not great-but good. I can't remember what they were though I'm sure the B&M still has them.
  • Options
    Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    madurofan:
    My favorite Gurkha is the Triple Ligero, also known as the G3.

But if we're going to toss around a lil convo about RP's its gotta be the Nording.
    I don't think these are the same cigar. I have some triple ligeros that say triple ligero on the band and the G3s look totally different
  • Options
    Anyways. Ive had the Beast, Titan, Shaggy, Centurion, Royal Brigade, Triple Ligero, Beauty, Turk, Legend, Regent, Nepalese Warrior and I'm sure a few more I'm forgetting. All of them have been terrfiic.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Big Dean:
    madurofan:

But if we're going to toss around a lil convo about RP's its gotta be the Nording.
    I don't think these are the same cigar. I have some triple ligeros that say triple ligero on the band and the G3s look totally different
    funny you should say this. i remember ordering a bundle of the grand reserves and the place I ordered from threw in some G3's and 2 beasts. The G3 looks much different than the ligero, but maybe my memory is a little of. I wasn't a fan of them but after looking at the ligero's and reading about them maybe I was sent a different G3 as I don't remember anywhere it saying gurhka. But it seems that they are suppose to be the same smoke just with a different name.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Big Dean:
    madurofan:

funny you should say this. i remember ordering a bundle of the grand reserves and the place I ordered from threw in some G3's and 2 beasts. The G3 looks much different than the ligero, but maybe my memory is a little of. I wasn't a fan of them but after looking at the ligero's and reading about them maybe I was sent a different G3 as I don't remember anywhere it saying gurhka. But it seems that they are suppose to be the same smoke just with a different name.
    Correct. Gurkha is famous for renaming the same cigar. When most companies have to modify a blend slightly they don't change the name logo or anything. Gurkha does. Gurkha also uses the same cigar and sells it under different names as "exclusives". Exclusive being exclusive to one place like Ccom.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Maybe they should be the 'Rolls Royce' of marketing.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have a few Triple Ligeros. Never had the G3. From the pictures I have seen, the G3 has a much darker maduro wrapper than the Triple Ligero. Also, I believe the Triple Ligero has a Brazilian wrapper and the G3 has a Nicaraguan Wrapper.
  • Options
    My Gurkha experience is about to expand a lot. Now, I've had a lot of different ones: Centurion, Platinum, Royal Salute, Grand Reserve, Grand Envoy, Corniche, Legend, Black Dragon, Master's Select, Regent, Nepalese Warrior, Royal Brigade, Sherpa, Triple Ligero, Turk, Shaggy Maduro and Natural, Ancient Warrior, Crest, Titan, Titan II, Beast, Beauty, Warlord and Grand Age from what I can remember off the top of my head. I just ordered a few 5 packs of Black Puro, Doble Maduro, Fuerte, Gold, Signature 101 Maduro and Symphony. I want to try the Signature 1887 soon too. I think I'll wait till next month to get a few of those. My cigar bill this month is over $810
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Bad Andy:
    Indeed.
  • Options
    Bad Andy:
    This comment really made me laugh out loud.
  • Options
    Good point !!!
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    Had a Gurkha gold tonight and i really enjoyed it so far i have enjoyed everything from the gurkha line so far. Any other suggestions for my next Gurkha choice i am open for anything ?
  • Options
    I just got a few golds to try.

Which ones have you tried so far?
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    My Gurkha experience is about to expand a lot. Now, I've had a lot of different ones: Centurion, Platinum, Royal Salute, Grand Reserve, Grand Envoy, Corniche, Legend, Black Dragon, Master's Select, Regent, Nepalese Warrior, Royal Brigade, Sherpa, Triple Ligero, Turk, Shaggy Maduro and Natural, Ancient Warrior, Crest, Titan, Titan II, Beast, Beauty, Warlord and Grand Age from what I can remember off the top of my head. I just ordered a few 5 packs of Black Puro, Doble Maduro, Fuerte, Gold, Signature 101 Maduro and Symphony. I want to try the Signature 1887 soon too. I think I'll wait till next month to get a few of those. My cigar bill this month is over $810
    I think I have all of those minus the titan 2 and master's select and the legend. Other than that I've got several to try. I enjoyed the shaggy, the corniche, platinum, royal reserve, beast and beauty. So pretty much all I've liked to this point. You'll have to give a comment on that crest when you smoke it, I ordered 2 but it's going to be a while till I get too it.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    I think I have all of those minus the titan 2 and master's select and the legend. Other than that I've got several to try. I enjoyed the shaggy, the corniche, platinum, royal reserve, beast and beauty. So pretty much all I've liked to this point. You'll have to give a comment on that crest when you smoke it, I ordered 2 but it's going to be a while till I get too it.
    I smoked it already. I need to have another one, but I only have one left. It was strong but wasn't bad. The thing that made it less enjoyable was that I think I cut to much off the torpedo and the draw was way to easy. That was the worst part for me.
  • Options
    well that's not good.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had a Genghis Khan presidente tonight, that was among the better Gurkhas I've had. A very tasty, very long smoke.
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    i'v had the gurkha gold and turk and lookin to try some more
  • Options
    A work associate I see a couple times a month is always ranting about the ghurka ancient warrior-claims he smokes only ghurka's now, reading the reviews they sound good but a good ad man could make you want the chits....to do or not to do.....
  • Options
    Just got some Centaurians in, looking forward to smoking them. $810 for 1 month!!!! I'd be on Cigar Restriction with Andy after my wife saw that!!!
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Just got some Centaurians in, looking forward to smoking them. $810 for 1 month!!!! I'd be on Cigar Restriction with Andy after my wife saw that!!!

$810 heh heh... I have spent a lot in the the last 7 months... let me see... whoah - I have spent 1k here at CCOM since 10/23. Hmmmmm Can't say that's all I have spent ... :) Well Mech at least we are set for the next couple of weeks...
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I like those little pickles they make.

(I never get tired of that joke.)
  • Options
    dill or sweet urby?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    phobicsquirrel:
    dill or sweet urby?
    Oh, dill. Always.
  • Options
    Thats the oiliest, most toothy candella wrapper i have ever seen! Is that the Barrel Select?