Options

Whats your favorite gurkha?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Someon sent me an Erin Go Brah though which after reading a little about it I'm looking forward to it.
    Just from me to you, I wouldn't get my hopes too high if I were you...IMO, they taste pretty...what's that word? oh, Not Good At All!! Though they do leave a pleasant sweetness on the lips...that's about the only good thing I can say.
    Damn. I was hoping.
    To take into account what phobic said, I wouldn't say don't try one based on my account of it. You may very well like it, I'm not a fan of infused cigars at all so I'm biased.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Someon sent me an Erin Go Brah though which after reading a little about it I'm looking forward to it.
    Just from me to you, I wouldn't get my hopes too high if I were you...IMO, they taste pretty...what's that word? oh, Not Good At All!! Though they do leave a pleasant sweetness on the lips...that's about the only good thing I can say.
    Damn. I was hoping.
    To take into account what phobic said, I wouldn't say don't try one based on my account of it. You may very well like it, I'm not a fan of infused cigars at all so I'm biased.
    I'm not typically either but Irish Whiskey?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Damn. I was hoping.
    I'm not typically either but Irish Whiskey?
    The Erin go Bragh is a La Aurora product which has many fine offerings. The Classic is mild and very pleasing, the 1495/1994 Cameroon for those that like a bit of a kick, and the Anos for a real taste treat. I just don't think it is the best example of what La Aurora has to offer. Irish Whisky or not.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:
    back on topic... Kuzi, Wheelie, any of you have the Status yet? I just ordered 2 wondering if it was a waste of money or not...
    I haven't found the Status yet. Haven't been looking too hard though.

As I said earlier, I would try a Titan and Titan II. I like both. They taste kind of similar. The Titan had burn problems till the last two inches. But that was the only problem. The Titan II had burn problems also but fixed itself. The last two inches I had some tar buildup so I cut the end off. I usually use a punch so that was easily fixed. I think I like the II better now that it has a few months of age to it.
  • Options
    Definitely the Beauty so far. It was m celebration smoke after the Cardinals game last night. It burned perfect. I smoked it until I couldn't hold it anymore. Fantastic through and through.
  • Options
    bangalohr:
    Definitely the Beauty so far. It was m celebration smoke after the Cardinals game last night. It burned perfect. I smoked it until I couldn't hold it anymore. Fantastic through and through.
    Congrats to you and your Cards, I was pulling for them. Sorry they have to lose to Pittsburgh though.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

madurofan:
    bangalohr:
    Congrats to you and your Cards, I was pulling for them. Sorry they have to lose to Pittsburgh though.

GO STEELERS!!!!

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had a poker game last night and had a beauty (among 4 other cigars) and though i enjoy this cigar, i have a hard time justifying the price tag.. it needs to drop some..
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    I had a poker game last night and had a beauty (among 4 other cigars) and though i enjoy this cigar, i have a hard time justifying the price tag.. it needs to drop some..
    The Beauty's have dropped a few dollars but they definately need to come down more. Would love to see a deal like the Beast and Titan. 5 for $30. Even the Centurion had a deal like that a while ago. 6 for like $30.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    The Beauty's have dropped a few dollars but they definately need to come down more. Would love to see a deal like the Beast and Titan. 5 for $30. Even the Centurion had a deal like that a while ago. 6 for like $30.
    They did have a deal on the Beauties back in November I think, the same as the Titan deal if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    I picked up a sampler of 10 Gurkhas for about 30 bucks. They're 52 X 5.75, so it's a little on the small side, but it's a chance to try their super-premiums.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    They did have a deal on the Beauties back in November I think, the same as the Titan deal if I remember correctly.
    Damnit, I missed it. Oops. Well, maybe next time.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    j0z3r:
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Damnit, I missed it. Oops. Well, maybe next time.
    lol, yeah that's what I said. I missed the titan one too...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    back on topic... Kuzi, Wheelie, any of you have the Status yet? I just ordered 2 wondering if it was a waste of money or not...
    me neither. My humis are full so im not lookin too hard for more cigars. ...And with no time to smoke it may be a while.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    me neither. My humis are full so im not lookin too hard for more cigars. ...And with no time to smoke it may be a while.
    could get another humi.....
  • Options
    D-DayD-Day Posts: 1

Hey Brian,

My favorite right now is the Black Dragon.

D-day

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    im fairly sure i would be "cut off" by the wife.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    im fairly sure i would be "cut off" by the wife.
    I showed the wife urbis cabinet and she told me to start saving.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Heh. Happy to have been of help, maddy.
  • Options
    I'm selling my wine fridge and going on a cigar buying hiatus to save up some so that I can buy a cabinet. I don't know that I'm going to get one quite as big as yours but I want a cabinet.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I showed my wife Da 'Bino's cabinet too. Then showed her the Ghurka Warrior chest humi at which she just kinda stared at and blinked...then I showed her one that I found online...a antique style oak with 3000 capacity ....to which she replied oohhh thats a pretty piece of furniture........Yea ...Yea thats it baby...its a BEAUTIFUL piece of furniture...trying to figure out what I can cut out to make this sooner rather than later...you know, just can't have enough BEAUTIFUL FURNITURE around...heh heh heh
  • Options
    haha, that's the ticket!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I've seen some that are both cigar and wine storage. If the missus is a wine aficionado . . .
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    How many people on here have shown Bino's pictures to their wives?

<raises hand>
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    dutyje:

<raises hand>
    Haha Yup, count me in on that too! I showed her, but she wants a coffee table humi... Guess I can't really gripe about that either!
  • Options
    <raises hand>
  • Options
    dutyje:

<raises hand>
    If I had a wife, I would've shown her. :-(
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    dutyje:

<raises hand>
    No need to show her, you're single, just go buy a cabinet, as Urbi did.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    dutyje:

<raises hand>
    I cut my cigar budget to around $100 a month not including the cotm club. Unless something super duper special comes I have to keep to it. Besides, if I buy a cabinet then I need to get one of the electric humidication devices. A nice cabinet costs what like $700 or more? Plus how much for the electronic device? Another ~$100? Then I need to get tons of boxes to put all my singles in. I need to play it safe for a while. I really need to get out of my house and get my own. I'm about to explode living with my parents.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    dutyje:

<raises hand>
    I cut my cigar budget to around $100 a month not including the cotm club. Unless something super duper special comes I have to keep to it. Besides, if I buy a cabinet then I need to get one of the electric humidication devices. A nice cabinet costs what like $700 or more? Plus how much for the electronic device? Another ~$100? Then I need to get tons of boxes to put all my singles in. I need to play it safe for a while. I really need to get out of my house and get my own. I'm about to explode living with my parents.
    Indeed. Concentrate on that first, you need your own house to have a cabinet humidor in.