Home Ratings & Reviews

Whats your favorite gurkha?

Hello everyone one just wanted to ask what is ya'lls favorite Gurkha that you have had so far. So far every single one i have had i've loved i just wanted to get some other views from everyone else. Just started smoking this august and i am lovin every minute of it. I will for sure be posting more and reading all these great post they help educate quicker than anything else.
Thanks,
Brian

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    WELCOME BRIAN!! Glad to have you aboard the forum!

Man, Kuzi is going to be all over this one!! I really like the double maduro and i LOVE the Legend. The double maduro is not like any other maduro i've tried. It's sharp and focused with cocoa, cinnamon and sweet earth, incredible burn and construction. The legend is a myriad of flavors i havent been able to pick them all out yet. But if you like Gurkha, you'll love Rocky Patel.....

(Had to stir the pot...love ya Kuz!!!)
  • The one I have the most of is the master select but there are so many good ones. I like how they are made with such care. Check out the Gurkha website and watch the video. Every cigar is tested for draw and they pay so much attention to the small details. I could do without the elaborate packaging to lower the price though...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Of the Gurkhas I've had, the Centurian is my favorite.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Mine is definately the Shaggy.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    The Royal Salute was my favorite so far. If you're looking to try one, pick one up now - they've discontinued them. After that it would be the Legend perfecto.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Mine is the HMR.... J/K, my favorite was the Black Rothchild, although they are a hard one to find.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    centurion

no hesitation on that.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    So far it's the regent followed by the legend, but I have some others in the humi waiting for me to try them. I'll let you know if I change my mind.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:

Man, Kuzi is going to be all over this one!! But if you like Gurkha, you'll love Rocky Patel.....

Hey Jet.. I did laugh out loud .." let's get ready to RUUUUUMMMMMBBBBle !! "
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome Brian
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    My next one...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:

But if you like Gurkha, you'll love Rocky Patel.....

haha, lol that's a good one!...

Let's see, the beauty is good, as is the LXIII grand reserve, (have but not tried platinums and royals), and well the titan, the beast, all the one's I have had I liked. I have several on order which should be here soon.
    Rob1110:
    The Royal Salute was my favorite so far. If you're looking to try one, pick one up now - they've discontinued them. After that it would be the Legend perfecto.
    Rob are you sure? I know they are limited but I wasn't aware they were getting rid of the line..
  • ya i am gettin into the rocky patels so far i have only tried the edge lite and edgle lite maduro and i liked both of them what else would you suggest by rocky patel. I also had a gurkha shaggy today and it was quite could loved every puff of it. Ordered some centurians just waiting to get them in and try them i have heard awesome things about them.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    smokester:
    ya i am gettin into the rocky patels so far i have only tried the edge lite and edgle lite maduro and i liked both of them what else would you suggest by rocky patel. I also had a gurkha shaggy today and it was quite could loved every puff of it. Ordered some centurians just waiting to get them in and try them i have heard awesome things about them.
    The RP Vintage 92 and the Decade are my personal favorites.

Back to the topic at hand, I personally like the Legend. I haven't had many of the Gurkhas but so far I like that one the best. I am looking forward to trying some of their maduros as well.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Another vote for the Centurian, here.
    A lot of love for the centurion, can't wait till mine get to me.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    My favorite Gurkha is the Triple Ligero, also known as the G3.

But if we're going to toss around a lil convo about RP's its gotta be the Nording.
    Just won some Centurians last night, looking forward to trying them, ordered more doble maduros as well...yum!
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    My next one...
    That is very true Laker. I think I need to change my vote.
    I forgot to mention the Fuerte. I've only had one, but it gave the Centurian a run for its money.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    *adds Gurkha Fuerte to the "to try" list.
    Good thinkin'.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

I'm not big into gurkha's. But the one that I thought was pretty good was the Legend in the perfecto size. Actually was a pretty good smoke, but the only one out of the line that I thought that of.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the legend is good. have you tried the centurian? i think its better. IMHO
    I just got a 5'er of Master Select Robusto, thoughts.....
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I just got a 5'er of Master Select Robusto, thoughts.....
    I hate gurkha's naming scheme ... well you asked for my thoughts ...
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

kuzi16:
    the legend is good. have you tried the centurian? i think its better. IMHO

I have tried the centruian, still have a couple, liked the legend better.

• TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I haven't had enough Ghurkas to make an educated recommendation. I did like the Royal Brigade, the double maduro, and the Beast - but they seem very sensitive - construction wise. The taste seems to vary between sticks also. Is this just me?
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I haven't had too many Ghurkas, but for me it would be Legend (had a churchill and it was one of the best smokes I ever had) followed closely by the Centurian. Beast and Titan were so-so, basically just decent monstrosities. I got a fiver of Centurians when I first started buying cigars last summer and I burned through those fast...wish I would have rested a few. I also tore through a bunch of 601s before I really knew which end was up.