Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Whats your favorite gurkha?

Comments

• Options
    babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    None yet...although I do have a Black Dragon tubo I got in a trade (Thanks Neil) that I'm waiting to try.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    none, i have tried so many to find a decent one for my taste, and have yet to come accross one
    Titan/Beast/triple ligero/dragonfire/red-green dragon? These are some of my favorites. The beauty is nice too for a lighter smoke. The royal/platinum reserves are nice, as is the corniche and marquaza.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I've only had a few Gurkhas so far but so far my favorite has been the Legend. I have a Titan, Titan II, Beast and Beauty all waiting in the Humi though. Really enjoying exploring the Gurkha lineup, as well as the CAO lineup.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Park Avenue, TPB-1, Signature Maduro, and Triple Ligero, in that order.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    As weird as it sounds, I am going to have to go Titan II and also Cuban Legacy! Got both ends of the spectrum covered nicely with those two I think. LOL
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    cuban legacy is pretty good for the price...i love Blue Steel, Red label(dont kow which one), Titan 2, Black Dragon Tubo, TBD-1, Park Avenue, and a lot of others cant remember
  • Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    Only have had 2, the Park Avenue and Empire Series VI. Both great, but really enjoyed the VI
  • Options
    kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Gotta go with the Symphony and then the Micro-batch c-10.  Both mild smokes, but great tasting sticks on the lighter side of the spectrum.  Both are connies with buttery taste which I love
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Black Dragon Robusto & Legend Perfecto
  • Options
    MdpatsMdpats Posts: 1
    I Love the Triple Ligero as well as the Signature '101'. Currently smoking the Empire I and Empire VI's which I also love. Only Gurkha I've come across not to really like was the Park Avenue.
  • Options
    babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    Mdpats:
    I Love the Triple Ligero as well as the Signature '101'. Currently smoking the Empire I and Empire VI's which I also love. Only Gurkha I've come across not to really like was the Park Avenue.
    Really??? I just had a Park Avenue and loved it!! For the price, I could see that becoming one of my go-to anytime don't-really-know-what-I'm-in-the-mood-for sticks.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Really dug the MicroBatch C-10.. but my favorite Gurkha would be the Gurkha Legend Vulcan Perfecto, deeeelicious
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I wanna throw out a plug for the Gurkha evil. Only found it in b&m's though. Great smoke!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I haven't had a Gurkha I didn't like, but the stand outs for me are the Centurian,
    and the Symphony. Amazing smoking experiences.

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Centurian, microbatch S-2, symphony.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    For some reason, I've only smoked the Turk (I need to get more). I have the Sherpa Cafe, Park Avenue, Black Dragon, Beauty, Beast, Titan, Blue Steel, Doble Maduro, Black Puro, and several others, but I can't bring myself to smoke them. I'm too proud of having them in my collection lol. Maybe one day...one day. I still need to get Grand Reserves, Centurian, Legend, Regent, and Grand Age.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    wwhwang:
    For some reason, I've only smoked the Turk (I need to get more). I have the Sherpa Cafe, Park Avenue, Black Dragon, Beauty, Beast, Titan, Blue Steel, Doble Maduro, Black Puro, and several others, but I can't bring myself to smoke them. I'm too proud of having them in my collection lol. Maybe one day...one day. I still need to get Grand Reserves, Centurian, Legend, Regent, and Grand Age.
    The Centurian and Legend are definitely worth finding. Email Tim, he can hook you up on the Centurian I bet.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    wwhwang:
    The Centurian and Legend are definitely worth finding. Email Tim, he can hook you up on the Centurian I bet.
    Wayne my man, I sent you a Centurian when you won the "Movie Trivia Pass" a few weeks ago!! They are amazing!! Light it up, you wont regret it, as a matter of fact, it will probably persuade you in to buying more!! They are so good!!
  • Options
    nightmaremike31:
    docbp87:
    wwhwang:
    Wayne my man, I sent you a Centurian when you won the "Movie Trivia Pass" a few weeks ago!! They are amazing!! Light it up, you wont regret it, as a matter of fact, it will probably persuade you in to buying more!! They are so good!!
    I smoked it though! I need more :P
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    nightmaremike31:
    docbp87:
    wwhwang:
    I smoked it though! I need more :P
    Fo reals, I only have one left and have to get more!! There is always room for more Centurians!!

... come on DD... I'm ready!!
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    after smoking like 930 "blends" i can't even remember I would probably have to say centurian and beauty
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I wasnt as fond as the centurian as much as the others...titan 2 was bad ass.....smoking a gran reserve non tubo .....pretty good i must say...
  • Options
    Smoked a few more Gurkha blends since my last post here. I love the Centurian and the Black Dragon. The Turk is really good if you're a fan of mild cigars. Still trying to get some tubed Grand Reserves lol.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    I wanna throw out a plug for the Gurkha evil. Only found it in b&m's though. Great smoke!

+1 on this, the Evil and Assassin are my two favorites, with honorable mention going to the vintage Shaggy maduro.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    The Centurian I think is a pretty great stick, but only if you can get it for around $5... The Triple Ligero is pretty good too I guess. Other than that I can't really stand much they offer.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    TheDrifter:
    Jetmech_63:

+1 on this, the Evil and Assassin are my two favorites, with honorable mention going to the vintage Shaggy maduro.
    +2 on the Evil... haven't found an Assassin yet hopefully when we have the SE herf at Tobacco World they have a good stock of some "harder ti find" Gurkha's
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    I wasn't as fond as the Centurian as much as the others...Titan 2 was bad ass.....smoking a Gran Reserve non tubo .....pretty good i must say...
    I wasn't aware of a Gran Reserve without a tube existed.. I'm saving my tubed one for the SE herf I think can't think of any other special occasion coming up any time soon...(also Grammar Naz!'d your post Joey)
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    I wasn't as fond as the Centurian as much as the others...Titan 2 was bad ass.....smoking a Gran Reserve non tubo .....pretty good i must say...
    I wasn't aware of a Gran Reserve without a tube existed.. I'm saving my tubed one for the SE herf I think can't think of any other special occasion coming up any time soon...(also Grammar Naz!'d your post Joey)
    Now that we're on the subject, is there a difference between the Gran reserve and the Grand reserve or is that just a misspelling? I've seen sales for both, but can't figure out if they're different or not.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    Hayblet:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Now that we're on the subject, is there a difference between the Gran reserve and the Grand reserve or is that just a misspelling? I've seen sales for both, but can't figure out if they're different or not.
    Maybe your thinking of Grand Envoy?
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    TheDrifter:
    Jetmech_63:

+2 on the Evil... haven't found an Assassin yet hopefully when we have the SE herf at Tobacco World they have a good stock of some "harder ti find" Gurkha's
    I may have to pick up one of these next time I stop in at the B&M. I don't really care for many Gurkha's but with all the positives the Evil is getting on here I think I should give it a shot.