Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Came across this, thought I'd share. According to this, I'm 'sensible, fair-minded'. 

Welcome @Stormseason.
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    glassken said:
    New guy here. Well, kinda. I've been a member here since Dec. 2009. Never posted much. Pretty much stayed over at the CI Cigar Joe Banter. The com forum changed some from last time I posted. I like it. Anyway, Hello All!
    Welcome sir.  I too have been a member since 2009 but took a prolonged break.  So I'm connecting with old BOTL's and meeting new ones.  Look forward to seeing you and the fellow CI refugees around the forums.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Welcome @glassken (Ken?) and @clearlysuspect, I've been around here for a year, I'm Chris, I've got CAS and I'm an Espinosa/La Zona wh0re.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @glassken nice to see you escaped the banter box to say hello! 
    Hope you feel at home here and maybe the rest of the refugees will introduce themselves. I am a Tat and Roma Craft ho. Got any Anarchy?  B)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    glasskenglassken Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    @glassken nice to see you escaped the banter box to say hello! 
    Hope you feel at home here and maybe the rest of the refugees will introduce themselves. I am a Tat and Roma Craft ho. Got any Anarchy?  B)
    I smoked & gifted the few I had a couple years ago. I do have the Venus! It's an Aquataine, but it is: 6 1/2 x 56 petit salomone! So, good! And some Whiskey Rebellion.

"I Only Smoke Cubans'"--Bam!!!! "I only punch condescending pri cks!"

• Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome all
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Welcome to all of the new members, glad to have you and hope you make yourselves at home!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @glassken
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    GrawlsGrawls Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howdy, all. New guy from Missouri here. I've been smoking a couple years now. Cool forum here, lots of good info
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, Grawls!
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome Grawls enjoy the ride
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    GrawlsGrawls Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks fellas
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome 
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the new people  
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Grawls and everyone new
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Welcome to all new members!
  • Options
    CheckCheck Posts: 10
    OK, probably a silly question, but decided to store the sticks unwrapped in the humi.  Was checking the humidity level recently and noticed what I'll call an odd smell.  Not bad, not good--just strange, but almost like it could be bad in time.  Is it a normal thing for the sticks to "combine" their different scents?  I smelled a few of the different ones and they all seem to smell similar.  The humidity has been consistently in the lower 60s so I wouldn't think mold could be an issue.  Am I curious about nothing?
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it should smell like Cedar and cigars.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back! 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GFY 
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lvlaw said:
    It's been a few years since I posted anything, so rather than jump right in, I felt it appropriate to post as a newbie … again.  I've been a cigar fan for many years, I love the earthy sticks, especially the Don Pepins, Ashtons, and a few others.  I enjoy reading the posts, and I'm ready to jump in occasionally and contribute.  Anyway, I'm finishing off a Saturday evening with a very enjoyable La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse Coronation, which I might add is an incredible cigar, and a nice glass of Oban scotch to make it an even better experience.
    Welcome @lvlaw

A nice Scotch like that deserves a pic. Go find the bourbon whiskey Scotch thread and post up! Would love to see what everyone else is pouring!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    lvlawlvlaw Posts: 18 ✭✭
    jarubla said:
    lvlaw said:
    It's been a few years since I posted anything, so rather than jump right in, I felt it appropriate to post as a newbie … again.  I've been a cigar fan for many years, I love the earthy sticks, especially the Don Pepins, Ashtons, and a few others.  I enjoy reading the posts, and I'm ready to jump in occasionally and contribute.  Anyway, I'm finishing off a Saturday evening with a very enjoyable La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse Coronation, which I might add is an incredible cigar, and a nice glass of Oban scotch to make it an even better experience.
    Welcome @lvlaw

A nice Scotch like that deserves a pic. Go find the bourbon whiskey Scotch thread and post up! Would love to see what everyone else is pouring!

-Jay

• Options
    lvlawlvlaw Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Thanks for the hint.  
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome back @lvlaw once you join you can never really leave lol
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome.