Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    big welcome to mark, colonel, and all the other new folks that i've missed! 

grab a drink, fire up a cigar, and kick back & relax. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. Glad to be here.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Mark.   The wife is from the Gettysburg area, real pretty during nice weather.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    geraldinesmithgeraldinesmith Posts: 3
    Hello everyone. New here. Hope to have great discussions here.
  • Options
    Edward562Edward562 Posts: 7
    Hi i wanted to introduce myself to everyone in this community/forum my name is edward am 31 i live in california i started smoking cigars late last year i just bought a humidor/cooler and in the process of seasoning it i just posted a thread on here and i really appreciate all the replys am getting with advice and knowledge you guys are very helpfull to us newbies and cant wait to learn more about different cigars ect....
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Welcome Geraldine and Edward.
    @geraldinesmith
    I'm not sure how great the discussions will be, the inmates are in charge of the Asylum here.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Mark, Geraldine, and Edward.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome everybody
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome 
  • Options
    MrsWylaffMrsWylaff Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    Hey nice of ya to join us
  • Options
    Ha, nice one @dirtdude! Gettysburg is great. War history, good food, pretty women, and an epic cigar shop just off the square.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    FRMFRM Posts: 4
    Hello everybody my name is Fulgencio, im from illinois love cigars am a member of other cigar group  never saw this forum before but allways like talking to like minded people.......
  • Options
    FRMFRM Posts: 4
    Hello everybody my name is Fulgencio, im from illinois love cigars am a member of other cigar group  never saw this forum before but allways like talking to like minded people.......
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum, Fulgencio. 
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
  • Options
    RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    Hi guys! I'm a noobie  I'm the sense I haven't been here I'm 4ish year's! Looking to get back into the cigar scene. Hope there's some familiar faces still here. And looking forward to meet new people.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    CheckCheck Posts: 10
    edited May 2017
    another storage question; picked up a couple new ones that came in their own tubes--one metal one plastic.  My question is when keeping them in the humi, do i take the caps off?  When i picked them up they were in the store's walk-in humi with the caps on but wanted to make sure since they may be in there for a bit (until the next "special occasion").  thanks in advance!
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check said:
    another storage question; picked up a couple new ones that came in their own tubes--one metal one plastic.  My question is when keeping them in the humi, do i take the caps off?  When i picked them up they were in the store's walk-in humi with the caps on but wanted to make sure since they may be in there for a bit (until the next "special occasion").  thanks in advance!
    There are 2 schools of thought on that subject.
    Some will say take the cap off and some like me say it makes no difference. 
    It's up to you.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But either way, check for mold first! @Check
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome newcomers and Welcome back old timers.  If it is a Welcome back, you most likely were here long before me.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Cigar-20013819Cigar-20013819 Posts: 1
    Aloha.
    I'm realatively new to the cigar scene. I bartended at a cigar bar in San Jose many years ago and thought that tobacco wasn't my thing. My fiancé recently went to Cuba and brought me back some cohiba's and now I've "seen the light". My fav were the maduro no. 5's. Any recommendations on comperable (yet cheaper)?
  • Options
    Welcome, @thehilk
  • Options
    Welcome back @thehilk. Glad to see an "oldie" returning. 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aloha.
    I'm realatively new to the cigar scene. I bartended at a cigar bar in San Jose many years ago and thought that tobacco wasn't my thing. My fiancé recently went to Cuba and brought me back some cohiba's and now I've "seen the light". My fav were the maduro no. 5's. Any recommendations on comperable (yet cheaper)?
    Welcome, I have very limited experience with Cubans. So,I have no suggestions for you other than to start trying non cubans. Maybe try the Crowned Heads Jerico Hill. I have no clue if they would compare to the cohiba you mentioned but I sure do like 'em.