Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome@wyowolf. Lots of great people here.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome wolf married to an Indian women. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome wyowolf. Guess there's no smoking on the job....
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome wyowolf.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    @lvlaw great choice is scotch.  Oban is one of my favorites. Welcome back to the community. 
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    @wyowolf what airline do you work for in Atlanta?  I work on 757s at an MRO in Jacksonville. 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome new and old
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @wyowolf
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Wolfman, hope you enjoy here lots of great information here and great people. Stay a while and listen :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    wyowolfwyowolf Posts: 11
    @wyowolf what airline do you work for in Atlanta?  I work on 757s at an MRO in Jacksonville. 
    the BIG one, mostly I do work for other airlines though... contract work has been a growing part of our business for some time...
  • Options
    wyowolfwyowolf Posts: 11
    @lvlaw great choice is scotch.  Oban is one of my favorites. Welcome back to the community. 
    I have a few favorites, I have been to Scotland once... want to go again. Balvinie doublewood... yummy
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    arch72 said:
    welcome back @lvlaw once you join you can never really leave lol
    Kind of like HOTEL CALIFORNIA
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wyowolf said:
    I have a few favorites, I have been to Scotland once... want to go again. Balvinie doublewood... yummy
    Ardbeg RULEZ 
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    colonelatlargecolonelatlarge Posts: 4
    Howdy Folks, I may be a newby to this forum, but I have also made the rounds. I am considered a celebrity in the eyes of many, especially in the chicken rhelm.  Chickens are not very fond of me though...   I am Colonel Johnny D. Miller and I am the official Global Brand Ambassador for the Kentucky Fried Chicken corporation based in Louisville, KY.  In other words I am a professional Colonel Harland Sanders impersonator and KFC uses me for their official Colonel Sanders events all around the world and I also do TV commercials.  Most of my work currently is overseas even though I was the first live actor KFC used as Colonel Sanders in 2011 when they started their Re-Colonelation program to re-introduce Colonel Sanders back into their marketing since his passing in 1980.  I do so love a good cigar, even though Colonel Sanders did not smoke.  Naturally I enjoy the Drew Estates  Kentucky Fire Cured (KFC) "Just a Friend" as my main cigar.  Indeed very satisfing and refreshing for my tastes and needs.  I also hand them out to my friends who indulge.  Please check out my official website at colsandersimpersonator.com for more information about my most fun and rewarding job.  
    "A good man will rust out before he wears out".  Colonel Harland Sanders
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Colonel - Hope you can get involved with community, and hijinks of the forum. It all fun here. @colonelatlarge
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Welcome, Colonel, I hear that KFC is big in Japan at Christmastime.  Funny thing, my family has started a tradition of going out for sushi on Christmas eve.  Welcome to the forum.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    colonelatlargecolonelatlarge Posts: 4
    I specialize in hijinks !!!
    "A good man will rust out before he wears out".  Colonel Harland Sanders
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the Cluck??

We have the Colonel in the house.

Are u gonna be sending out a bucket bomb? 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Welcome  Colonel 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Welcome Johnny D.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long time ago, my ex's parents had me appointed as a Kentucky Colonel even though I was just a Sergeant.
    Welcome Colonel
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the new members and the Colonel!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi all. My name's Mark, I'm 25. I've already posted in a few discussions since I got here, but I just discovered the newbie thread while browsing through the trades and bombs. Definitely interested in that once I'm further along! Tons of great information on here.

First let me say it's gonna be hard to top the Colonel - welcome aboard fellow BOTL! Started smoking cigars just over a year ago when I came across a certain superstore in Hamburg, PA. I'd had a few in the past, but 2016 was definitely a year of education. I'm still learning, sampling everything I come across, while spending most of my free time trying to broaden my horizons. I've begun to shop around more instead of putting all of my eggs in one basket. Found a nice B&M in Gettysburg which I need to get back to as well as one I now frequent in Winchester, Virginia. I've got two desktop humidors filled to their brims, and a (150 count?) 5 Vegas box on the way.

The first ten years of my career were focused on doing what I have always loved - working on the railroad. Coupled to that is my new production company, which is my first solo endeavor, producing and distributing railroad-related DVDs. I've also just went into business with my best friend down in Virginia/West Virginia. We are starting a classic car restoration and detailing shop just outside of Winchester. This will hopefully become my main bread and butter, and I'm planning to move down there permanently this summer.

That pretty much sums up my bio. I look forward to getting to know you guys and gals. 

-Mark
    Post edited by Markwell on
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome mark 
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Mark, trains are a favorite for me, my grandfather was a station master on the Maine/Canadian border back in the '50s, fond memories.
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Mark. 
  • Options
    Welcome Mark, trains are a facinating way to travel as you catch a glimlse of "the other side of the tracks"
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    welcome mark, great to have you aboard. 
    Non Crux sed lux