Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, @druid9855

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all you newbies.
    My advice to you is to try everything and keep track of what the cigars are made of, that you like. Then see the pattern in your likes.

Participate. As was stated, this forum is a cigar club in itself.
    More of a family though.
    You can choose to be part of it, or not part of it.
    It's up to you, but it's way funner when folks post.

And welcome.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard @druid9855. Totally agree with Tony and Paul. This place is 10x better than any club. Vherf is a great option if you have a webcam. I keep meaning to get on there myself...

Where in NEPA are you located? I'm in the Harrisburg area and @Martel is pretty close by as well. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Welcome aboard @druid9855. Totally agree with Tony and Paul. This place is 10x better than any club. Vherf is a great option if you have a webcam. I keep meaning to get on there myself...

Where in NEPA are you located? I'm in the Harrisburg area and @Martel is pretty close by as well. 
    And @M@Markwell and I still haven't gotten together for a smoke! Probably not even an hour apart, as I'm straight down 83 from him in SoYoCo.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel said:
    Markwell said:

And @M@Markwell and I still haven't gotten together for a smoke! Probably not even an hour apart, as I'm straight down 83 from him in SoYoCo.
    We need to make that happen brother. I'll shoot off a PM. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the new folks.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum, @oldgnome

Congratulations on your daughters up coming nuptials.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Welcome and congrats, OG!
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to meet you @OldGnome, and best wishes to your daughter.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome druid and gnome, I think I see a trend here.
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all.
  • Options
    Welcome @OldGnome and congratulations on your daughter's upcoming marriage. 
  • Options
    Welcome back
  • Options
    Welcome back
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum, CH.
  • Options
    @CRAYZ_HURRICANES welcome to the forum. There are many ways to be involved without sending out trades and bombs. However I would encourage you to do a newbie trade. Go over to the thread and ask for a sponsor. Then in the future you can participate in some of the fun games and contests.  We are just down to earth brothers that love the leaf.
  • Options
    Welcome crazy. Great group here. If you have not seen this months news letter pm your mailing address and I will send you one out.
    @CRAYZ_HURRICANES be sure to pm genareddog your information he puts together an awesome news letter. You will enjoy reading it.  
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ,...... but from all the pics I see of trades and bombs around here, I would be embarrassed to send anything I have. :D

@CRAYZ_HURRICANES Welcome to our forum. Don't worry about what you have to offer in trade. Besides, we like to introduce new members to new cigars, and this is the best place to learn about new stuff. 
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome CH, you'll like it here. Just watch out for @Opatience, I wouldn't trust him at all, just saying. LOL. Tonys a great guy.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stoney0817 welcome to the forum introduce yourself here 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anybody likes Rocky Patel, I have a few I wouldn't mind sending to a happy recipient. Here's an idea of how many I'm talking about. I believe this is 99.7% Rocky Patel in this cooler with very few non-RP.

Just PM me your address and I will be happy to send you a handful.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No love for rocky? 

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    No love for rocky? 

I love Rocky, strictly hetero. He's an ardent supporter of cigar growers and smokers and is politically involved. I also have a handful of favorites, none of which are in that cooler. :)Personally, I wish he'd scale things back and focus on a sensible line, but that's just how I think and I'm not a wealthy cigar blender and maker, so I should not try to insist on anything. I do enjoy the cigars of his which I have come to love. Some of his cigars are the first I ever smoked and got me into enjoying this wonderful experience.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."