Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Lostwages said:

@Bob_Luken from what I've read you seem to be the most active and the forum authority around here 

go on GIF
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lostwages said:
    Thanks for the welcomes guys. This has been the most informative forum I've found so far.

@Bob_Luken from what I've read you seem to be the most active and the forum authority around here lol. I'm not from Vegas I just picked that name cause I'm spending all my money on cigar stuff right now. I've been researching for the last 2 weeks or so. I'm still wet behind the ears but picked up quite a bit.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    edited August 2019

Lostwages said:

@Bob_Luken from what I've read you seem to be the most active and the forum authority around here 

@Usaf06 definitely said:

city girl lol GIF by Super Deluxe
    FIFY
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    LostwagesLostwages Posts: 56 ✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Lostwages said:

go on GIF
    No and lol. There is always one in every forum. Just saying your effort is noticed from the outside haha
  • Options
    KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all new members!  
  • Options
    Good morning, 

New to the forum, but not new to cigars.
    Like most guys my age, I got into cigars with the craze in the early 90s. I got out of it for a number of years,  but found now that I'm older and my palette refined with age, I enjoy cigars again more than ever.

I have a little blog, but I'm not sure if posting the url violates the rules. I write reviews in the form of a story to make it interesting beyond  just the dry analytics you find in most reviews.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Good morning, 

New to the forum, but not new to cigars.
    Like most guys my age, I got into cigars with the craze in the early 90s. I got out of it for a number of years,  but found now that I'm older and my palette refined with age, I enjoy cigars again more than ever.

I have a little blog, but I'm not sure if posting the url violates the rules. I write reviews in the form of a story to make it interesting beyond  just the dry analytics you find in most reviews.

You sound waaaayy too sophisticated for us. But hey, maybe you could do us ne'er-do-wells some good. Welcome to the forum. Post your url. I'm no bookworm, but I'll take a look. And I don't think it will break any rules unless you are sponsored by a competitor.   
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, @Cigargandist.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Cigargandist

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Cigargandist

I’m in the Richmond area!!
  • Options
    GYTYREGYTYRE Posts: 1
    I'm Thomas age 36, really just smoking cigars regularly this year.   Two of my favorites is 2017 Las Calaveras and  Davidoff Late hour.  Any suggestions for cheapers sticks with these flavors?
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum, @GYTYRE
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcone @GYTYRE lots of samplers out there.  You will learn more, the more you engage in the forum. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome 
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the cohiba Spectre...
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GYTYRE said:
    I'm Thomas age 36, really just smoking cigars regularly this year.   Two of my favorites is 2017 Las Calaveras and  Davidoff Late hour.  Any suggestions for cheapers sticks with these flavors?
    Welcome @GYTYRE , You might try the Jericho Hill from Crowned Heads, or the HC Maduro.  At least a little less expensive.  Regarding the lighter question on your homepage, the Scorch Torch triple flame is a good buy.  Moderately priced, my last one lasted about 6 or 7 years, still works but the hinged parts got loose so I bought another one just like it. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 7 dollar vertigo with about 500 sticks on it and still going strong
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, 
    My name’s Jimmy and I am going to have way to much fun with this. I’ve been smoking cigars about 8 years with ever changing regularity. Im from Indiana and am a huge Pacer’s fan. My friend told me about this and I’ve honestly never been on a forum. Super interested in these trading, passing, pay it forward, and bomb ideas. That sound so awesome. Anyways just introducing myself and hoping to get to know some people who’ve been here a while! Thanks all! Smoke em if you got em!
  • Options
    LostwagesLostwages Posts: 56 ✭✭✭
    JGruvey said:
    Hey all, 
    My name’s Jimmy and I am going to have way to much fun with this. I’ve been smoking cigars about 8 years with ever changing regularity. Im from Indiana and am a huge Pacer’s fan. My friend told me about this and I’ve honestly never been on a forum. Super interested in these trading, passing, pay it forward, and bomb ideas. That sound so awesome. Anyways just introducing myself and hoping to get to know some people who’ve been here a while! Thanks all! Smoke em if you got em!
    Glad you made it over brotha. You're gonna have some fun here. Lots of good guys here. I spent about a week just reading through the old threads lol. Hope you like it. 
  • Options
    Welcome, Jimmy.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    @JGruvey welcome to the funny farm. Was it coincide that you said "smoke em if you got em" or do you know Ro?
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    @TNBigfoot68 @Yakster @Lostwages
      I don’t know Ro but I bet I’d like him haha. Thanks for the warm welcome all!
  • Options
    @smoke_em_if_you_got_em
    I think I now know Ro.