Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JGruvey said:
    @smoke_em_if_you_got_em
    I think I now know Ro. 
    Stick around long enough and you’ll really get to know me. Wait....what? Haha
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JGruvey said:
    Hey all, 
    My name’s Jimmy and I am going to have way to much fun with this. I’ve been smoking cigars about 8 years with ever changing regularity. Im from Indiana and am a huge Pacer’s fan. My friend told me about this and I’ve honestly never been on a forum. Super interested in these trading, passing, pay it forward, and bomb ideas. That sound so awesome. Anyways just introducing myself and hoping to get to know some people who’ve been here a while! Thanks all! Smoke em if you got em!
    What part of Indy are you from? There are a few Hoosiers that are ok
  • Options
    JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @smoke_em_if_you_got_em
    Trust me I’m going to love it here. I’m not going anywhere. What are you smoking tonight? I’ve been deciding between 3 for tonight a Hemingway Classic, a CAO Flathead 660V, or a smaller stick with a CAO Columbia.
  • Options
    @genareddog
    30 minutes north of Indy. If you’re from Saint Louis and called me a Hoosier you wouldn’t be the first and you’d get this reference haha but if not I think we could be friends!
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JGruvey said:
    @genareddog
    30 minutes north of Indy. If you’re from Saint Louis and called me a Hoosier you wouldn’t be the first and you’d get this reference haha but if not I think we could be friends!
    Live in se Indiana. From what I hear the St. Louis crew is s bit off but have never met them. That’s just what some crazy guy from Chicago is always saying. 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JGruvey said:
    @TNBigfoot68 @Yakster @Lostwages
      I don’t know Ro but I bet I’d like him haha. Thanks for the warm welcome all!
    I mean Ro is a pretty cool dude..and would probably like you too. 
    He aight
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    So I’m obviously new to this but I read something about having bio’s? Where can I update my bio? I can’t seem to find it.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard @JGruvey

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Thanks @ShawnOL everyone seems very nice. Glad to be here!
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JGruvey said:
    Thanks @ShawnOL everyone seems very nice. Glad to be here!
    We're not that nice, lol. We are family.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    SlurrySlurry Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Hi everyone! I am Larry, 30 from the Pittsburgh area.  Been smoking cigars since my younger brother got me into them about 5 years ago.  Some of my favorites include RoMa Craft BA XXI Intrigue, PSD4, Leaf by Oscar Maduro, and Bolivar Royal Corona.  Currently in Chapel Hill, NC for a conference and looking for a lounge/shop in the area to check out tonight- any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
  • Options
    JGruvey said:
    So I’m obviously new to this but I read something about having bio’s? Where can I update my bio? I can’t seem to find it.
    Looks like you found it.  Need try joining us on the vherf one night, Friday's and Saturday's are usually good, also during the week just watch the thread for when we get on. I will pm you the links if you are using a phone or tablet. If you are using a pc with cam you need chrome and the the link on the first post on the thread with phones or tablet you need Google hangouts app.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard @Slurry
    Good place to be.
  • Options
    @TNBigfoot68 I’ll try to figure out joining you on it. I’ll be on my phone. Also if I found the bio and updated it I don’t know what it was can you point me in the right direction? Was it the activity post on my name page?
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Slurry!  Wish I could help you with a lounge but I don't know any on that side of Raleigh...Enjoy your visit!
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard lost souls. Stop what your doing and buy 2 coolers now so you won't have to explain later. Live and learn.

Much like corndogs uh I mean hotdogs. Hell I can't remember the phrase. I know she likes one of them.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    JGruvey said:
    @TNBigfoot68 I’ll try to figure out joining you on it. I’ll be on my phone. Also if I found the bio and updated it I don’t know what it was can you point me in the right direction? Was it the activity post on my name page?
    Yes it is your profile, on the right corner of your profile is a figure with a drop down arrow that will let you change the about section (profile / Bio) and boom you got it. The fact you have already uploaded a picture makes you smarter than me. It took me a while.  
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Welcome, @Slurry. I visited Chapel Hill during a business trip but didn't look for a lounge. I was getting sick so I didn't venture out much. Check out Al's Burger Shack for some good burgers.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    SlurrySlurry Posts: 13 ✭✭
    @Yakster thanks for the recommendation! Als Burger Shack it is for dinner then! 
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum @Slurry.  I think you'll enjoy it here.

• Options
    12Ultralimited12Ultralimited Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

I am new to posting to the forum and still relatively new to Cogar’s in general. I guess you could say I’m still developing my palate. Chocolate, coffee and cigars are my only remaining vices - unless you count naps - which I don’t.
    Still figuring things out here so I apologize in advance for any breaks in decorum.
    when not sitting on the porch enjoying a smoke and coffee, I am riding my Harley, messing around with music in the basement studio, or answering people’s questions about pool heaters (gotta pay the bills!)
    I look forward to “meeting” people on here, learning, and laughing.

Cheers
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum @12Ultralimited. it is a great place to be.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @12Ultralimited!  Best way to know, learn the good stuff is to buy a @Bigshizza sampler from Jim, smoke whatever the heck Nick @Usaf06 is smoking, and complete your newbie trade (in the trades discussion) with any of the guys! 
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Welcome @12Ultralimited.  This is THE place to be.

• Options
    TpitmanTpitman Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Smoking a My Father Connecticut Toro Gordo. Nice stick. A bit too expensive for an everyday cigar --- but nice draw, smoke, and flavors. Just got a new humidor - so looking forward to filling it with some good sticks that won't break the bank! Picked up a range of things at my local brick and mortar store tonight. Need to find some good "inexpensive" alternatives! Any recommendations are always welcome!
  • Options
    Sorry guys --- that was the wrong thread!
  • Options
    @Tpitman, taste and price is realative, welcome to the forum,  get you some samplers to se what you like. Sometimes the daily deals and auctions you can snag things you like cheap.  
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Tpitman

buy 5-packs online it will be cheaper 
  • Options
    I am a 58 year old small business owner who just got into cigars again. I enjoy the mild to med range sticks but will venture into the full flavors on occasion. Still searching for that elusive "perfect" stick at the right price. I like the My Father brands and the Arturo Fuente brands --- by Not their price tags!  I welcome any and all recommendations!!!