Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard Noobs. Great place to be. Nothing like fresh meat.......
  • Options
    wfip51wfip51 Posts: 45
    j0z3r:
    Welcome Chris. I do believe I saw your intro at onlinehumidor.com as well today. Glad to have you.

Joe
    Yessir. Already made my first buy too. Turned out great. Couldnt be happier.
  • Options
    Fritz_the_CatFritz_the_Cat Posts: 27
    Hello, Just a noob here, been smoking for many years, finally found my voice with this forum. Most weeks I am able to get in a couple of smokes and thats about it. Long time client of the sisters, not much here though, the reason why I never jumped in here. Anyway, glad to be here and I look forward to more great reviews, comments, jokes etc. Happy Trails!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome aboard Fritzkitty !!!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm new to the forums... Been lurking for QUITE some time, look forward to getting to know you guys and brighten up your day! I like to keep things light and funny with my Precious Moments collection and I hope you guys like the good clean humor of bill cosby, for he's the only comedian I will listen to, well, that and any Allen Sherman record!

Thanks for having me! And if you have any good recommendations on a nice wine I'd be all ears, I can't handle fizziness of beer or he harshness of spirits... But a nice Arbor Mist and a Novel and I'm all SET!
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Welcome guys enjoy the fun...
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I'm new to the forums... Been lurking for QUITE some time, look forward to getting to know you guys and brighten up your day! I like to keep things light and funny with my Precious Moments collection and I hope you guys like the good clean humor of bill cosby, for he's the only comedian I will listen to, well, that and any Allen Sherman record!

Thanks for having me! And if you have any good recommendations on a nice wine I'd be all ears, I can't handle fizziness of beer or he harshness of spirits... But a nice Arbor Mist and a Novel and I'm all SET!
    Moscoto in white or red. New yeah right!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new folks!
    I'm certainly not the first to say this - but a little "noob" advice to ya - get yourself a cooler when you see one on sale, especially if you plan on being active in trades/passes/bombs....you'll soon need the extra space.
    Lasabar:
    And if you have any good recommendations on a nice wine I'd be all ears, I can't handle fizziness of beer or he harshness of spirits... But a nice Arbor Mist and a Novel and I'm all SET!
    LOL - How about Franzia? Now that's a high class, prestigious wine.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jailhousejailhouse Posts: 137
    have u ever got into drinking homemade wine? i know four diffrent people that make homemade wine around here. two of them make dry wine one makes sweet wine and the other makes a kinda dry and sweet wine
  • Options
    Welcome anyone I have missed
  • Options
    I'm famous for two wines . I make muscadine wine ... and ... wait for it ... my mother-in -law whine LMAO !!!
  • Options
    brad9051brad9051 Posts: 1
    Hello everyone! I've been snooping around here for a bit so I thought I would jump in. From what I've seen it looks like a great group of people here. Looking forward to making some new friends.
  • Options
    welcome brad9051
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to all I may have missed this week.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Brad. Welcome.
  • Options
    stowggiestowggie Posts: 399
    Welcome brad and it is a great place.
  • Options
    welcome aboard Brad
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Welcome to all of the new people!!
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    Cant say enough how greatful I am to join this Brotherhood, what a great bunch of guys!
  • Options
    Welcome Dr M.....
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Greetings and salutations to everyone I may have missed!
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    Cant say enough how greatful I am to join this Brotherhood, what a great bunch of guys!
    on top bump
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Welcome to all I may have missed this week.
    +1
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Welcome to all newb!!!
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Greetings All!  My screen name, Streater, is actually my last name and what my friends, family, and colleagues call me.  I am 39, married with a 7 year old daughter.  I'm a Systems Administrator for a college and have been there for approximately 4 years.  I was born and raised in Texas, but did a 6 year stint in Northern California in my 20s. 

I was a pack a day cigarette smoker for about 23 years, but gave it up a couple years ago.  I'm not one of those zealous ex-cigarette smokers that looks down my nose at smokers.  I actually love the way they smell and have zero problems with people smoking around me.  It was just starting to make me feel bad as I was developing quite a hacking cough.

I started smoking good cigars about 5 months ago.  I can't believe what I have been missing! I'm really enjoying the learning process and exploring the nuances of each different stick.  I am starting to figure out what I like and don't, but I'm still a complete newb!  I just joined a cigar lounge and hit it just about every day at lunch or after work. Puffing on a good cigar just melts the stress of the day away. 

I'm a clown by nature and can laugh at myself.  I appreciate a good-natured ribbing and try to maintain a laid back attitude.  I don't let much bother me. 

Anyhoo, I appreciate the space to say hi.  I look forward to sharing a board with all of yall. 
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard Streater. I didn't catch your address in the intro. Just thought you might want to share that as well. No pressure.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    welcome streater
  • Options
    Streater:
    Greetings All!  My screen name, Streater, is actually my last name and what my friends, family, and colleagues call me.  I am 39, married with a 7 year old daughter.  I'm a Systems Administrator for a college and have been there for approximately 4 years.  I was born and raised in Texas, but did a 6 year stint in Northern California in my 20s. 

I was a pack a day cigarette smoker for about 23 years, but gave it up a couple years ago.  I'm not one of those zealous ex-cigarette smokers that looks down my nose at smokers.  I actually love the way they smell and have zero problems with people smoking around me.  It was just starting to make me feel bad as I was developing quite a hacking cough.

I started smoking good cigars about 5 months ago.  I can't believe what I have been missing! I'm really enjoying the learning process and exploring the nuances of each different stick.  I am starting to figure out what I like and don't, but I'm still a complete newb!  I just joined a cigar lounge and hit it just about every day at lunch or after work. Puffing on a good cigar just melts the stress of the day away. 

I'm a clown by nature and can laugh at myself.  I appreciate a good-natured ribbing and try to maintain a laid back attitude.  I don't let much bother me. 

Anyhoo, I appreciate the space to say hi.  I look forward to sharing a board with all of yall. 

Welcome to the rest of your life the guys on this forum are AWESOME hope you enjoy. But I gotta question for ya! Are you somewhat handy with a hammer and basic building skills?
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Welcome Streater!! Can you go ahead and PM your address. Thank you :)
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    A joker? Dunno if you gonna fit in here with all us prim and proper serious folks. Btw be sure to say hello to Greg