Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Hi everybody, I'm a 27 year old law student living in Arlington, VA. I've smoked cigars on and off since I was in high school. I only get to smoke a couple times a month, but damn do I enjoy every puff! I'm glad I stumbled on this forum, it's a welcome distraction.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Bigfoot, welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Welcom to the forums, there is a few people from Animal Planet looking for you. Don't worry we won't tell them where your hidding. lol
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Medic45:
    Streater:
    Greetings All!  My screen name, Streater, is actually my last name and what my friends, family, and colleagues call me.  I am 39, married with a 7 year old daughter.  I'm a Systems Administrator for a college and have been there for approximately 4 years.  I was born and raised in Texas, but did a 6 year stint in Northern California in my 20s. 

I was a pack a day cigarette smoker for about 23 years, but gave it up a couple years ago.  I'm not one of those zealous ex-cigarette smokers that looks down my nose at smokers.  I actually love the way they smell and have zero problems with people smoking around me.  It was just starting to make me feel bad as I was developing quite a hacking cough.

I started smoking good cigars about 5 months ago.  I can't believe what I have been missing! I'm really enjoying the learning process and exploring the nuances of each different stick.  I am starting to figure out what I like and don't, but I'm still a complete newb!  I just joined a cigar lounge and hit it just about every day at lunch or after work. Puffing on a good cigar just melts the stress of the day away. 

I'm a clown by nature and can laugh at myself.  I appreciate a good-natured ribbing and try to maintain a laid back attitude.  I don't let much bother me. 

Anyhoo, I appreciate the space to say hi.  I look forward to sharing a board with all of yall. 

Welcome to the rest of your life the guys on this forum are AWESOME hope you enjoy. But I gotta question for ya! Are you somewhat handy with a hammer and basic building skills?

Thank yall for the warm welcome.  I'm in Dallas... 

Not really, Medic45.  Why do you ask? 
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Newbs, welcome! Vets, go get 'em! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to any new members I may have missed.
  • Options
    jailhousejailhouse Posts: 137
    welcome everyone
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome newcomers!,
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Hello all, Just wanted to take a minute and say thanks for letting me partake in this forum, it is very helpful, and filled with people who care about this passion. I have enjoyed cigars for many years but not to the level and experience that most of you have. I have generally been the type to walk into a B&M and pick out a stick on a whim to take to the golf course. Now, and as I grow older, I am enjoying that fine smoke more often. And being overseas, there isn't much else to enjoy. So, thanks for the wisdom that has been posted and will be in the future. Marineatbn
  • Options
    Welcome, Marine Check out the Newb threads everywhere, we have lots of service members in the Forum,(Thank You). If you Pm me your info/addy will be glad to say hi to ya in a different way!!! again enjoy the forums, there is alot of information to be found here!!!
  • Options
    After reading the generocity that goes through this forum, I am already planning on picking up some goodies in Dubai for distribution purposes :D I will gladly accept any suggestions or must try's, I am in the mood for horizon expanding!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome one and all, darn glad to have ya. This is definately the right place to learn everything you could possibly imagine about cigars.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome new guys . Marine what part of N.C. you from bro ?
  • Options
    The Golf capital of Pinehurst. I actually live 1 mile from Pinehurst No. 2. So, I right in betwen Raleigh, Charlotte, and Fayetteville.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all of our new members, thank you very much for joining us! Don't forget to check out the Newb Trading thread in the Trades, Bombs, and Passes section!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    I will most definately get in on that Irishman, just have to wait until I rotate stateside. I am only home every three months, but have already made plans to do a little trading/bombing when I hit the freedom shore.
  • Options
    jailhousejailhouse Posts: 137
    marineatbn03:
    I will most definately get in on that Irishman, just have to wait until I rotate stateside. I am only home every three months, but have already made plans to do a little trading/bombing when I hit the freedom shore.
    welcome brother and thanks for doing what you do for are country
  • Options
    Thanks, I am loving this forum. Honestly, the taliban could be over-running my perimeter right now and I wouldn't know because I am glued here, lol.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Soudns great, hit me up when you get back and I'll set you up right ;) Thank you for your service, most of all come back safe!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Welcome all new members:-) :-) :-) :-)
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Show us your newbs! (aka Bump)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Hi My name is Ryan i am 25 live in Ohio. Been smoking cigars for a little over 2 years burn through 1-3 a day depending on the weather here in this god awful state its either too humid or too cold lol. Been a cgar of the month club member here on cgar.com for awhile and just recently found the forum tab lol. Ive seen alot of great threads here and actually learned alot of information about our expensive hobby/lifestyle. Glad to be here and in good company
  • Options
    You live in the neck of the woods I am from originally. I make it up there quite often to visit my family.
  • Options
    Welcome all Newcomers
  • Options
    Ya I live around dayton. Being a military brat I've lived a little bit of everywhere. Grandpas were gunnery sergent in marines artillery on dads side. L1 in the navy on moms side dad was rangers all the way from the 80's retired after desert storm. So I've been around lived in rio de janiero, romania, nurnburg germany, 36 us states panama. Lol been a crazy ride
  • Options
    My sister lives in Miamisburg, I have lived in kettering, Tipp City, and graduated from Fairfield.
  • Options
    Ya I live in miamisburg now graduated from valley view. Small world man.
  • Options
    Indeed it is
  • Options
    So says afghanistan. Obviously you serve in the marines. My brother in law is in the rangers he gets shipper there in february. You still there or you make it back home yet?
  • Options
    I was in the Marines. I am a contractor for the DEA now. I am still in Afghanistan and will probably be here 1 more year.