Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all newcomers!!! And Enjoy!!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    Welcome all new people. This is a great place full of amazing people.
    +1 - Welcome to all our new friends!
    Browse the forums and you'll learn a lot, get involved in some trades/passes and you'll find yourself in need of more cigar-storage space. Use the search box in the top right corner to look for answers to any question you might have, and if you can't find the answer post a new thread and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    CmtrashCmtrash Posts: 51

Hello there! I’m Chris, 29, live in Southern Maryland area. Very new to cigars (2 months) so I have been sampling as many different brands, types, etc that my palate (and wallet) can handle lol. Pretty much dove into the hobby shortly after witnessing a custom cigar-rolling event done by Cortez cigars at a local spirits shop.  Been lurking here for a few weeks absorbing as much information as possible. Had to order a 100 count humidor as my weekly purchases from the local B&M’s were starting to pile up past the weekly consumption rate. Have already begun looking into the idea of a DIY coolidor. At this point it is safe to say I am doomed.

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Cmtrash:

Hello there! I’m Chris, 29, live in Southern Maryland area. Very new to cigars (2 months) so I have been sampling as many different brands, types, etc that my palate (and wallet) can handle lol. Pretty much dove into the hobby shortly after witnessing a custom cigar-rolling event done by Cortez cigars at a local spirits shop.  Been lurking here for a few weeks absorbing as much information as possible. Had to order a 100 count humidor as my weekly purchases from the local B&M’s were starting to pile up past the weekly consumption rate. Have already begun looking into the idea of a DIY coolidor. At this point it is safe to say I am doomed.

Doomed? Not yet.....whats your address
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Cmtrash:

Oh Yes Please doTell!!
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Cmtrash:

don't do it chris! Nooooooooooo
  • Options
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    catfishbluezz:
    Cmtrash:

don't do it chris! Nooooooooooo

Some real comedians here it seems... Lurked here long enough to know about bombings ;)
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cmtrash:
    Some real comedians here it seems... Lurked here long enough to know about bombings ;)
    Resistance is futile.
    If you are going to participate in these forums, best expect that these guys will hammer you.

I thought I could fly under the radar, but it seems that once one of them gets your addy, you are pretty much sunk. So trade, bomb or just sit back and enjoy it, but you will make a mistake and either trade or someone will make you an offer you cannot refuse and they will have it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Cmtrash:
    Don't be a wuss. Just post it right here in the thread. Show all the vets of this forum that you mean business. Welcome BTW...

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Cmtrash:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLggFs8i8Eg
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Cmtrash:

Dammit, Dustin! I thought I was gonna get first dibs...
    Welcome, young Padawan.
  • Options
    Pm to ya Chris!:-)
  • Options
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:
    Cmtrash:

Welcome, young Padawan.
    Ha ha!! You two just got sniped by Mike. Oh the poor lad. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:
    Cmtrash:

Welcome, young Padawan.

My advice to him is to head for Wally-World and snag a cooler... or two!
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    0patience:
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:
    Cmtrash:

Welcome, young Padawan.

I secon that thought lol What's his addy gain lol
  • Options
    Medic45:
    Toombes:
    0patience:
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:
    Cmtrash:

Welcome, young Padawan.

snag me 1 too I will pay you back with hugs and marshmellows
  • Options
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    Medic45:
    Toombes:
    0patience:
    Toombes:
    catfishblues:

Welcome, young Padawan.

Ruh Roh Shaggy. The 3 stooges 3 mouseketeers is at it again. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    Medic45:
    Toombes:
    0patience:
    Toombes:
    catfishblues:

Welcome, young Padawan.

I feel a Redneck Mafia hit soon along with some noob from that state just north of ky lol
  • Options
    Medic45:
    0patience:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    Medic45:
    Toombes:
    0patience:
    Toombes:
    catfishblues:

Welcome, young Padawan.

I feel a Redneck Mafia hit soon along with some noob from that state just north of ky lol
    I dont destroy mailboxes... ok well maybe i do...
  • Options
    PMs replied to. Seriously thanks for such a warm welcome here. Might have to start looking at coolidors a little earlier than planned it seems. Walmart does have a sale going on with the 150 quarts currently so it might be a sign.
  • Options
    Cmtrash:
    PMs replied to. Seriously thanks for such a warm welcome here. Might have to start looking at coolidors a little earlier than planned it seems. Walmart does have a sale going on with the 150 quarts currently so it might be a sign.
    bump
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    To top
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Cmtrash:
    Resistance is futile.
    If you are going to participate in these forums, best expect that these guys will hammer you.

I thought I could fly under the radar, but it seems that once one of them gets your addy, you are pretty much sunk. So trade, bomb or just sit back and enjoy it, but you will make a mistake and either trade or someone will make you an offer you cannot refuse and they will have it.
    LOL, now what makes you say this Tony? Bwahahahahahaha!!!
  • Options
    MVW67:
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    To top
    tipsy
  • Options
    j0z3r:

Joe
    Jeez ^
  • Options
    cshmoldascshmoldas Posts: 3
    Hello all.  My name is Craig, and I'm from Dallas.  I've been smoking cigars off and on for the past 12-15 years, but only recently realized how much I always look forward to that next occasion to fire up. I've been trying a lot of different cigars for the past couple of months and lurking around these forums...soaking up all of this knowledge.

I've got a long way to go to get my palate sophisticated enough to appreciate all of the nuances discussed in your reviews in these forums.  I may never get my palate to that level, but the process is pretty fun.

I'm basically trying various samplers (when I see good deals) so that I can find out what I really like.  In the past, I've really enjoyed Rocky Patel cigars, especially the Vintage 1992 and Sun Grown...any suggestions from the experts is always welcome.

I'm a lover all things beer, bourbon and bbq...and cigars, obviously...

Shmo
  • Options
    Hello all, my name is Rob I am 31 and from michigan but relocating to the Pittsburgh area in a few months. Started getting into cigars about 2 years ago. I usually enjoy my cigars with some bourbon or scotch.
    I have come to understand that there is a ton of information about cigars so I am looking forward to finding out more about them and finding ones that are great. Trident (Roman) told me about this site so I look forward to getting to know you guys
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Rob. This is a great place to learn, as I spend all my free time here, lol.
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Manbearpig:
    Hello all, my name is Rob I am 31 and from michigan but relocating to the Pittsburgh area in a few months. Started getting into cigars about 2 years ago. I usually enjoy my cigars with some bourbon or scotch. I have come to understand that there is a ton of information about cigars so I am looking forward to finding out more about them and finding ones that are great. Trident (Roman) told me about this site so I look forward to getting to know you guys
    Welcome, there are a lot of great people here and plenty of knowledge to go around.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Craig and Rob. Don't be shy and jump right into all the shenanigans we have going on. Rob, I have a feeling I might meet you next week at Trident's?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America