Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    He is punking out and taking a trip to Canada...or maybe you can convince him
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manbearpig:
    Hello all, my name is Rob I am 31 and from michigan but relocating to the Pittsburgh area in a few months. Started getting into cigars about 2 years ago. I usually enjoy my cigars with some bourbon or scotch. I have come to understand that there is a ton of information about cigars so I am looking forward to finding out more about them and finding ones that are great. Trident (Roman) told me about this site so I look forward to getting to know you guys
    Welcome to the forums.
    There is another manbearpig on the internet. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Trident:
    He is punking out and taking a trip to Canada...or maybe you can convince him
    As long as he knows the fee for joining the forum/penalty for missing the herf will be a few of those cigars you can buy in Canada, but not in the US. Really though, it's all good. I finished work on Thursday and have the next three months to herf repeatedly. I'm sure we can meet up again before too long.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Well, where to start..........I have been an official member of the community for about 1 year, I just have never posted. At least I don't remember ever posting. LOL. I have been lurking quite regularly over the year, almost on the forum nightly. I've been trying to soak up all the info I can. I have been smoking cigars a little bit over a year. I'm in just deep enough without getting my head pulled under water, kind of like that dividing line in a swimming pool where one more step and it's a steep slope down. I have a 50 count humi, 2 20 count cigar jars, and a 20 count humi and none are full I am an official troll on the devil site as my budget is not large so I'm often found checking out all the closing today prices to look for steals that people have mentioned. Just figured it was time to make a post. You have to start somewhere.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    duckshooter:
    Well, where to start..........I have been an official member of the community for about 1 year, I just have never posted. At least I don't remember ever posting. LOL. I have been lurking quite regularly over the year, almost on the forum nightly. I've been trying to soak up all the info I can. I have been smoking cigars a little bit over a year. I'm in just deep enough without getting my head pulled under water, kind of like that dividing line in a swimming pool where one more step and it's a steep slope down. I have a 50 count humi, 2 20 count cigar jars, and a 20 count humi and none are full I am an official troll on the devil site as my budget is not large so I'm often found checking out all the closing today prices to look for steals that people have mentioned. Just figured it was time to make a post. You have to start somewhere.
    Welcome. This is a great forum with some awesome people. Jump in anywhere.
    What area you from?
    And if you haven't yet. Check out the Kelly Deal thread and email Kelly to get on the email list.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm on Kelly's email list. Today's was one of her best deals I thought, especially if you are one watching your budget. Of course I'm inexperienced and haven't smoked anything over a $5 cigar so my judgement may be off some. LOL
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I am on Kelly's email list. Today was one of her best deals I thought, especially if you are watching your budget. Then again, I'm inexperienced and have never smoked anything above a $5 cigar, so my judgement am be a little off. LOL
  • Options
    Welcome duckshooter! I see you are already padding your post count by double posting. Nicely done. Looks like you will fit in nicely around here. I haven't bombed a newbie in a couple weeks. If you pm me your address, I'll see if I can introduce you to a $6 cigar.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Welcome all noobz. m/,
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome on board, great group of Borks here!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Duck. PM me your addy, and maybe I can put together a little "Slob Sampler" of some mid to higher range sticks for you.
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Welcome to all the new guys. You have done yourselves the biggest solid by joining the forums here. Have a lot of fun.
  • Options
    IONTCIONTC Posts: 172
    Hi everyone, new to the foum. Been smoking cigars for a while but always stuck to the same few. so now I'm here trying to branch out and not be a n00b. I'm from Michigan and smoke often with Sleeveplz since his lady is my ladies sister. I work at a hospital in Ann Arbor and also love Scotch. Those should be the important things, see you folks around.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IONTC:
    Hi everyone, new to the foum. Been smoking cigars for a while but always stuck to the same few. so now I'm here trying to branch out and not be a n00b. I'm from Michigan and smoke often with Sleeveplz since his lady is my ladies sister. I work at a hospital in Ann Arbor and also love Scotch. Those should be the important things, see you folks around.
    Welcome brudah. Go Lions!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    IONTC:

glad to see another Michigan person here. Welcome!
  • Options
    IONTC:
    Hey, welcome to the forum. I think I might know you?
  • Options

Yes, I'm the one who is always saying "Can I have a cigar?"

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    A hearty welcome to all the new Brethren I've missed! Welcome aboard!
    A few rules, if you please...
    1: Buy a cooler! Buy it now!
    2: Have fun, by all means. this includes making fun of Jiunn(like the month).
    3: Jump in on the "Newb trades", you'll be happy that you did.
    4: Beware of Brothers named Mike, Dustin, Daniel, Steve, Brett, Glenn and Greg. Trust me on this...
    5: Now that you've purchased a cooler, get a bigger one!
    That should cover the basics. As stated in Rule No. 2, enjoy yourselves! Hope to see you hanging around for a long time!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    6. Bomb Daniel with a pink dress. He's a cross dresser (I kid you not).
    7. Make fun of me, and I will F you in the A.
  • Options
    on a lighter note, who here is from the Bay Area? If you are, let me know NOW.
  • Options
    jliu:

6: Really horrible edit, apparently composed by Jiunn like the month...
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    7: Jiunn like the month don't joke around! That's him in the red BDSM gear...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm planning on looking for a sponsor to start some trading next month. I have an event at the end of this month that involves all of my friends depleting my stash. But after I build back up I'd love to try some trading.
  • Options
    IONTC:
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm planning on looking for a sponsor to start some trading next month. I have an event at the end of this month that involves all of my friends depleting my stash. But after I build back up I'd love to try some trading.

You're welcome, brother. I'd give you a list of names for sponsors, but I already warned you to stay away from them...
    Seriously, any BORK on the forum will do you a solid in a trade. Stock up and let 'em fly!!
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    jliu:

6: Really horrible edit, apparently composed by Jiunn like the month...
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    7: Jiunn like the month don't joke around! That's him in the red BDSM gear...
    Photobucket
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this is exactly how I pictured him!!!!!!
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    Jeez ^
    Jeez2
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    MVW67:
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    Jeez ^
    Jeez2
    ^ i'm a noob. hi noobs. i welcome you. come play
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    4: Beware of Brothers named Mike, Dustin, Daniel, Steve, Brett, Glenn and Greg. Trust me on this...
    That should cover the basics. As stated in Rule No. 2, enjoy yourselves! Hope to see you hanging around for a long time!
    For number 4. You forgot any brother named Todd.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    JHewey:
    Toombes:
    False. You can't trust Todd A... but I am harmless.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    JHewey:
    Toombes:
    False. You can't trust Todd A... but I am harmless.
    I will show proof in a couple days. Lol
  • Options
    JHewey:
    Toombes:

Man, I can't believe I forgot the Brothers Todd... You can, however, trust a BORK named Justin. Just don't argue with him because you WILL LOOSE!!!