Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big welcome to all the new folks!! And +1 to this:
    SleevePlz:
    Feel free to put some info about which cigars you like and ones you would like to try in the future in your bio
    This is a great and easy way for us to all,,,ummm.... get to know you new folks better!!!
    Yeah that's it, fill out your bio so we can get to know you!!!
    hahaha

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    Hey everyone! My name is Tony and I am from pennsylvania. I just started smoking cigars about 3 months ago when my girlfriend's father got me into it ( in hopes to get me to quit smoking cigarettes which it did! Haven't smoked a cigarette in over 3 months) He even set me up with a humidor and I ordered a couple samplers since I'm unsure of what exactly I like. I found a few cigars that I can't wait to try again.

I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now and I've already learned so much.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums brother!! And where in pa are you from?
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    Lee.mcglynn:

Thank you! From Bethlehem how about you?
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Lift603:
    Hey everyone! My name is Tony and I am from pennsylvania. I just started smoking cigars about 3 months ago when my girlfriend's father got me into it ( in hopes to get me to quit smoking cigarettes which it did! Haven't smoked a cigarette in over 3 months) He even set me up with a humidor and I ordered a couple samplers since I'm unsure of what exactly I like. I found a few cigars that I can't wait to try again. I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now and I've already learned so much.
    Welcome tony. This is a good place to learn. Enjoy your stay.

He is from Lehigh valley area. I only know because I actually know him. We work for same company and I just found out today he smokes cigars.
  • Options
    Lift603:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I'm a Philly brother. Let me get your addy I'll send ya a package. Pm me
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Lift603:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I'm a Philly brother. Let me get your addy I'll send ya a package. Pm me
    Making feel at home I see.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    What's up newbies...

Mind if we dance with yo' ladies?
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey the names vance livin in florida.just started smoking about 6 months ago actualy started with a cigar.com sampler i saw advertised 20 with a free humidor.been readin posts and posted a few questions.everyones been very helpful with lots of great advice..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    twistedstem:
    hey the names vance livin in florida.just started smoking about 6 months ago actualy started with a cigar.com sampler i saw advertised 20 with a free humidor.been readin posts and posted a few questions.everyones been very helpful with lots of great advice..
    Welcome!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    Welcome Vance, Vance Refridgeration. Sorry, Office humor.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all newbs, check pm:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    Hey there, My name is Rob. I am from Ohio. I had my first cigar last weekend and enjoyed it a lot. So I found this site and want to learn all I can about them. I've read a few posts including the 101 facts. As for stuff I'll need does anyone have any suggestions for a newb? :D
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobIsSweet:
    As for stuff I'll need does anyone have any suggestions for a newb? :D
    Yup. Reply to the PMs (Inbox) you will get. ROFL!!
    Learn what you can, read everything, believe little of it. Understand that taste is a matter of opinion, so what one loves, you may not. And most importantly, enjoy it.

Ccom (cigar.com) is a great place to find great deals. Watch the daily deals (they change at 9:00pm Pacific time) and watch the sprint sale. The links to both are up above in the menu under Featured and Promotions.

Search the forums for the Kelly Deal and email Kelly to be put on the email list for her special deals.

And participate in the forums. This place is fun, a family (we even had Uncle Fester Jiunn) and a great bunch of folks.

Oh yeah, did I say welcome?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to check for PMs. I've been lurking around all day I'll have to actually start posting soon now. :D
  • Options
    RobIsSweet:
    Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to check for PMs. I've been lurking around all day I'll have to actually start posting soon now. :D
    pm to ya
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    RobIsSweet:
    pm to ya
    what do you PM the noobs? You never PMd me when I joined. jerk
  • Options
    My name's Rob from the Flint, Mi area and I started smoking cigars a few months ago. I'm beginning to refine my tastes and am always looking to broaden my horizons. I'd love to chat with a few of you and learn some more about the trade.
  • Options
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    RobIsSweet:
    pm to ya
    what do you PM the noobs? You never PMd me when I joined. jerk
    top secret noob stuff ;)
  • Options
    Bump!:-)
  • Options
    bump O_O V
  • Options
    bionicjeffbionicjeff Posts: 15
    Hey everybody. I posted in the wrong thread yesterday, so let me introduce myself here. My name's Jeff and I am from Texas. I started smoking cigars about six months ago to stop smoking cigarettes and have found that I enjoy cigars a lot more. My other money-eating hobby is collecting vinyl records. I love this forum! I posted yesterday that I enjoyed Camaroon wrappers and have received lots of suggestions to try out. I currently own a small landscaping business (it's raining today, so no work) and really am just a music geek who's becoming a cigar geek. I look forward to soaking up some of ya'll's (Texas) knowledge.
  • Options
    bionicjeff:
    Hey everybody. I posted in the wrong thread yesterday, so let me introduce myself here. My name's Jeff and I am from Texas. I started smoking cigars about six months ago to stop smoking cigarettes and have found that I enjoy cigars a lot more. My other money-eating hobby is collecting vinyl records. I love this forum! I posted yesterday that I enjoyed Camaroon wrappers and have received lots of suggestions to try out. I currently own a small landscaping business (it's raining today, so no work) and really am just a music geek who's becoming a cigar geek. I look forward to soaking up some of ya'll's (Texas) knowledge.
    Welcome to the forums Jeff!!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all our newest noobs - Vance, Rob, Tony & Jeff!! (Sorry if I missed anyone else)

Glad you all found the forums, there's a ton of info here and some great spirited, generous folks so soak it all up.
    If you plan on sticking around BUY A COOLER, NOW! You'll soon understand why.

And Mike, stop picking on the new guys, you're gonna scare them away already....geesh. HAHA

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    bionicjeffbionicjeff Posts: 15
    Thanks for the welcome. I forgot to mention that I am a member of Odd Fellows lodge #80 if there are any other Odd Fellows out there.
  • Options
    Welcome newbs:-) :-) :-) :-)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    Newbs
  • Options
    MVW67:
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    Newbs
    I agree with ya joe joe. welcome welcome. this is a great place and you're gonna love it!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    j0z3r:

Joe
    Newbs
    +1.

If you ain't participating, you're missing out on a lot. Join the madness and get involved.
    Wow, never thought I'd be posting that. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience:
    MVW67:
    j0z3r:

Joe
    Newbs
    +1.

If you ain't participating, you're missing out on a lot. Join the madness and get involved.
    Wow, never thought I'd be posting that. LOL!
    +2