Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jimmy!! You have a PM
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    From one noob to another, welcome.
  • Options
    RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    jpsquared12:
    hey everyone jimmy here from bethlehem pa just started smoking, got 1st humidor monday and then found cigar.com great week! looking forward to the insight from all you long time smokers
    Welcome Jimmy! There are a lot of helpful people around these parts :D
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jpsquared12:
    hey everyone jimmy here from bethlehem pa just started smoking, got 1st humidor monday and then found cigar.com great week! looking forward to the insight from all you long time smokers
    Hi newbs. Welcome to the forum.
    If you want to have fun here, you need to participate. The more you participate, the funner things become and the more you find out about cigars.
    There are some folks in this forum, you really want to be wary of, as they are masters of destruction.
    These folks will become pretty evident when you read through the forums.
    They will use phrases like "PM me your addy" or "just wanna send a little welcome package".
    These are all lies. What they are really saying is, "I'm gonna destroy your mailbox and piss off your mail person." LOL!

But really, you have nothing to fear. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    jpsquared12:
    Welcome man.
  • Options
    Hey guys, name is Pete! Been keeping an eye on this place for quite some time, always liked cigar.com but never got on the forum here. I've been smoking for about 10 years, started with a Padron and I'll die with one in my hands. I've smoked enough over the years to limit myself to the finest. I'm glad to meet you all and look forward to chummin it up!!! This place looks like a GREAT group of guys... And NO...I will not PM you my address if you ask. I don't care if that guy MV is offering reach around via email, my wife will kill me if you crazy people start sending me your bombs ;) I kid I kid... Cheers guys!!!
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PadronPete:
    Hey guys, name is Pete! Been keeping an eye on this place for quite some time, always liked cigar.com but never got on the forum here. I've been smoking for about 10 years, started with a Padron and I'll die with one in my hands. I've smoked enough over the years to limit myself to the finest. I'm glad to meet you all and look forward to chummin it up!!! This place looks like a GREAT group of guys... And NO...I will not PM you my address if you ask. I don't care if that guy MV is offering reach around via email, my wife will kill me if you crazy people start sending me your bombs ;) I kid I kid... Cheers guys!!!

Hi Pete Im Peter. You kid about giving out your addy? Hand it over Pete. We are just looking for fresh blood..... ehhem.... I mean new friends..........
  • Options
    Vision:
    PadronPete:

Hi Pete Im Peter. You kid about giving out your addy? Hand it over Pete. We are just looking for fresh blood..... ehhem.... I mean new friends..........
    My friend, I have plenty of premium smokes to die for. I do not need anymore. Thank you, but I do not need bombs.
  • Options
    PadronPete:
    Vision:
    PadronPete:

My friend, I have plenty of premium smokes to die for. I do not need anymore. Thank you, but I do not need bombs.
    Ha ha ha ha!! This guy is funny!!

I've smoked enough years to limit myself to......................ANYTHING!!
    I can tell you that there are a lot of really good smokes that are NOT the finest and there are some of the "finest" that are crap. Don't take it wrong, I just giggle when I hear that kind of thing. It's all good.

By the way, welcome to the forum. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    PadronPete:
    Welcome to the forum noob... thinks get a little crazy around here but its a great group of guys.
  • Options
    0patience:
    PadronPete:
    Vision:
    PadronPete:

I can tell you that there are a lot of really good smokes that are NOT the finest and there are some of the "finest" that are crap. Don't take it wrong, I just giggle when I hear that kind of thing. It's all good.

I don't giggle, I just hand people real cigars and watch their faces melt as they realize they've been smoking hay for years. Pleasure to meet you Mr Opatience, I take it you have about as much patience with those that have pea brains as much as I do.
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    Welcome to the forum noob... thinks get a little crazy around here but its a great group of guys.
    The pleasure is all mine. Alas.., please do not refer to me as a "noob." My pallate is well refined, well beyond that of a Victor Sinclair smoker. You want Mango? I got mango. So don't f with me Mongo, and we'll get along just fine. I may just have to get your address and send you some cigars not made of hay friend ;) Cheers, life is good!
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    welcome to the forums
  • Options
    The buffalonian:
    welcome to the forums
    Cheers friend!
  • Options
    PadronPete:
    0patience:
    PadronPete:
    Vision:
    PadronPete:

I don't giggle, I just hand people real cigars and watch their faces melt as they realize they've been smoking hay for years. Pleasure to meet you Mr Opatience, I take it you have about as much patience with those that have pea brains as much as I do.
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some of the finest cigars. But I also enjoy some of the not so finest.
    It's all about tastes. My preference is cameroons, but enjoy a wide range. And of course, there are those that I prefer not to smoke. But limiting yourself is limiting your experiences.

I've been fortunate to have been blessed by some of these guys here with some of the finest cigars made and I never limit myself to just one type of cigars.

And patience. Got none. LOL! But I do have an open mind, which helps.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    PadronPete:
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    The pleasure is all mine. Alas.., please do not refer to me as a "noob." My pallate is well refined, well beyond that of a Victor Sinclair smoker. You want Mango? I got mango. So don't f with me Mongo, and we'll get along just fine. I may just have to get your address and send you some cigars not made of hay friend ;) Cheers, life is good!
    When they say noob, they mean to the forum, not cigars, so don't take it wrong. Everyone gets that moniker at one time. And then you have Snooby Jiunn, who refuses to become a non-noob. LOL!
    Steve, give him your addy. Let's see if he can rock it like the big boys here. LOL!
    I wanna see this. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience:
    PadronPete:
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    When they say noob, they mean to the forum, not cigars, so don't take it wrong. Everyone gets that moniker at one time. And then you have Snooby Jiunn, who refuses to become a non-noob. LOL!
    Steve, give him your addy. Let's see if he can rock it like the big boys here. LOL!
    I wanna see this. LOL!
    Gladly... PM to ya there Pete. Lets rumble
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I think Pete needs to bomb a "noob." Check the box that says inbox Pete, it is for your private messages
  • Options
    Ya know thats probably a good idea. He needs to work his way up the food chain.
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    After the post he made in the reviews thread about the 5 vegas, I'm thinking he needs to do more than work his way up.
    Just sayin. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience:
    bigfnsteve:
    After the post he made in the 5 vegas thread, I'm thinking he needs to do more than work his way up.
    Just sayin. LOL!
    Yeah I see your point. But he needs to prove himself a bit. All i see are some arrogant words on the screen of my tablet. I need to see some destruction. Anyone can post pics of there `walk in humidor`. All talk no action = fail.
  • Options
    Alas, I have been instructed by Mr. Bluezz and Mr. Bigf'in as to my penance. As they say in this forum, "bombs away."
  • Options
    PadronPete:
    Alas, I have been instructed by Mr. Bluezz and Mr. Bigf'in as to my penance. As they say in this forum, "bombs away."
    Quick to action... you got a 24 hour post office or something there petey boy? Strong words from a 14 post newb.
  • Options
    PadronPete:
    Yeah, we'll see. I'm not impressed.
    I've seen this before.
    The delivery, the pitch and a swing and a miss.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience:
    PadronPete:
    I've seen this before.
    Hahaha no doubt about that one
    If he does come through I wanna know who gave him the addys.. certainly wasn`t me. I dont like liers nor do I appreciate arrogance. Many time they are one in the same.
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    0patience:
    PadronPete:
    I've seen this before.
    If he does come through I wanna know who gave him the addys.. certainly wasn`t me. I dont like liers nor do I appreciate arrogance. Many time they are one in the same.
    I am no liar friend, nor do I appreciate arrogance myself. Sometimes arrogance is truth smacking you in the face, yet one cannot fathom truth as just that....truth. My word is my honor, and I will honor my word tomorrow.
  • Options
    PadronPete:
    bigfnsteve:
    0patience:
    PadronPete:
    I've seen this before.
    I am no liar friend, nor do I appreciate arrogance myself. Sometimes arrogance is truth smacking you in the face, yet one cannot fathom truth as just that....truth. My word is my honor, and I will honor my word tomorrow.
    For some reason I feel that your speaking the truth. Even if you do post pictures of weird a$$ clowns that look like juin
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    bigfnsteve:
    0patience:
    PadronPete:
    I've seen this before.
    For some reason I feel that your speaking the truth. Even if you do post pictures of weird a$$ clowns that look like juin
    Actually, it would be you are or "you're" my friend. What is juin? I will pay my penance to prove my valor.
  • Options
    PadronPete:
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    bigfnsteve:
    0patience:
    PadronPete:
    I've seen this before.
    Actually, it would be you are or "you're" my friend. What is juin? I will pay my penance to prove my valor.
    Dude IM USING A TABLET- IT DOES NOT HAVE A GRAMMER ChECK. Just when I thought we were gonna get along.
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    bigfnsteve:
    0patience:
    PadronPete:
    I've seen this before.
    Dude IM USING A TABLET- IT DOES NOT HAVE A GRAMMER ChECK. Just when I thought we were gonna get along.
    I apoligize my friend, I did not mean to inspire a caps laden diatribe. In the future, I will refrain from posting such things.