Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    mjl71160:
    I'd like to say to all newbie's, Don't get hung up on trying to taste all the flavors and spices that reviewers say they tase in a cigar. I'v been smoking cigars for 10 years and I still never taste these flavors. Just lite it up and enjoy. Unless it taste like ***. Then don't waste anymore time with it. Trash it and try another till you figure out what you like. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    MJ, Ill have to agree with allot of what you are saying. I smoke allot of the Manny Lopez gold label. He hand rolls them here locally and they are a great smoke. Only thing i can tell is the difference in taste as far as heavier tasting, the ML is a lighter creamier smoke. I have some that are spicy but with all the flavors-- i just enjoy a good tasting smoke.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    C.Hern5972:
    mjl71160:
    I'd like to say to all newbie's, Don't get hung up on trying to taste all the flavors and spices that reviewers say they tase in a cigar. I'v been smoking cigars for 10 years and I still never taste these flavors. Just lite it up and enjoy. Unless it taste like ***. Then don't waste anymore time with it. Trash it and try another till you figure out what you like. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    MJ, Ill have to agree with allot of what you are saying. I smoke allot of the Manny Lopez gold label. He hand rolls them here locally and they are a great smoke. Only thing i can tell is the difference in taste as far as heavier tasting, the ML is a lighter creamier smoke. I have some that are spicy but with all the flavors-- i just enjoy a good tasting smoke.
    Welcome guys!! I will have to disagree with this and say its all on how you go about learning to taste the differences of the cigars. Kuzi has a great thread on how to start finding your pallet and it really helped me find a lot more flavores!! But welcome to the forums and hope you will enjoy it all!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    SleevePlz:
    C.Hern5972:
    im a newb to this site not the interwebz....So whats the big deal with givng my addy?? www.nothappening.com
    Hi Chris, I will skip the whole being coy thing and clue you in. Many of us take it upon ourselves to welcome the new guys with a little gift of cigars (usually called a bomb). Most of us were bombed when we arrived and a few of us like to continue the tradition and bomb those that come after us. The sharing of cigars is a pretty common thing in the cigar community and we try not to let a few thousand miles keep us from opening our humidors to our new friends. So, there is nothing weird going on, we just need your address so that we can properly welcome you to the forum.
    +1 well said brother!!
    +2 Tony who does this kinda thing ;)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    reggie713:
    SleevePlz:
    C.Hern5972:
    im a newb to this site not the interwebz....So whats the big deal with givng my addy?? www.nothappening.com
    Hi Chris, I will skip the whole being coy thing and clue you in. Many of us take it upon ourselves to welcome the new guys with a little gift of cigars (usually called a bomb). Most of us were bombed when we arrived and a few of us like to continue the tradition and bomb those that come after us. The sharing of cigars is a pretty common thing in the cigar community and we try not to let a few thousand miles keep us from opening our humidors to our new friends. So, there is nothing weird going on, we just need your address so that we can properly welcome you to the forum.
    +1 well said brother!!
    +3 Tony, Mike, Me, Lee etc............
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    MVW67:
    reggie713:
    SleevePlz:
    C.Hern5972:
    +1 well said brother!!
    +3 Tony, Mike, Me, Lee etc............
    Woah woah woah don't be getting me mixed in this...it's all you three crazy guys!! I mean who does that kind of stuff to people
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and new to the cigar world.  I used to smoke with my girlfriends step dad every time there was a get together, but he recently quit smoking all together.  What really got me interested was when I picked up 10 CAO golds from the local shop for my brothers wedding (these were the first cigars I had purchased myself).  After I bought them I went online to see if there were any reviews or anything on this cigar, or if I'd been ripped off.  That's when I became hooked.  I had know idea there were so many different kinds of cigars.  That was back in June and I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 50ct humidor that included a 10ct sampler pack just the other day (still waiting for it to come in the mail).  I wanted to get a bigger humidor but cant afford it right now.  Anyway just introducing myself.  My name is Matt and I'm from Denver Colorado. 
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forums Matt, there are a bunch of great guys around here!!
  • Options
    Big TexBig Tex Posts: 142
    Welcome to the forum Matt
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Matt! Better get a biger humi ;)
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Matt.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    MJD715:
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and new to the cigar world.  I used to smoke with my girlfriends step dad every time there was a get together, but he recently quit smoking all together.  What really got me interested was when I picked up 10 CAO golds from the local shop for my brothers wedding (these were the first cigars I had purchased myself).  After I bought them I went online to see if there were any reviews or anything on this cigar, or if I'd been ripped off.  That's when I became hooked.  I had know idea there were so many different kinds of cigars.  That was back in June and I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 50ct humidor that included a 10ct sampler pack just the other day (still waiting for it to come in the mail).  I wanted to get a bigger humidor but cant afford it right now.  Anyway just introducing myself.  My name is Matt and I'm from Denver Colorado. 
    Welcome Matt, great name by the way! That 50ct will last ya a little while, but there are many threads that explain "coolerdors" so that may be a budget friendly option for ya! Also, be sure to go to the Newb trading thread and get a "sponsor" for your first trade! Happy smoking!
  • Options
    I'll have to look into making one of those for sure, and I'll be looking to trade as soon as I start to build up some stock.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    welcome, Matt.....
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Anyone want to help fill the 50ct lol... Welcome Matt
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    This is way too easy..........
  • Options
    greg2648:
    catfishbluezz:
    I can over flow it with bum sticks lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hello Matt.. And welcome.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    welcome, Matt.....
    Dude, I've never seen an ellipsis look so foreboding before in my life. Lol, welcome to the forum Matt. Don't let the bears scare you.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Matt, i am also new to the board. I see u are from Colorado, Huge John Elway fan here. Anyways welcome. Watch out giving up the addy, u will be bombed... lol
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    catfishbluezz:
    yup....in flight lol
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    Welcome Matt, i am also new to the board. I see u are from Colorado, Huge John Elway fan here. Anyways welcome. Watch out giving up the addy, u will be bombed... lol
    I played against that SOB in High School....it wasn't pretty. Go Chatsworth Chancellors
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Glock1975:
    I played against that SOB in High School....it wasn't pretty. Go Chatsworth Chancellors
    My cousin played against his son in High School, or Junior High, can't remember... But John Elway is the man
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome newbs and Enjoy!! ;)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Bump
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Bump
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Bump
  • Options
    welcome to any new noobs!
  • Options
    reggie713:
    welcome to any new noobs!
    Please PM Richard your addy to claim your reward. ;)
  • Options
    pm sent, i love winning, even if i cant remember what i won!!
  • Options
    reggie713:
    pm sent, i love winning, even if i cant remember what i won!!
    I meant for the nooblets to send you their addy! hahaha, but since you sent me yours, I will rape, er, take care of you.