Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    MVW67:
    MVW67:
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    Yes Welcome
    yup up
    Joe is gone you fool
  • Options
    Just joined the site and made my first order. I ordered an Acid sampler tin. I have had the Acid Blondie and Kuba Kuba and liked them. Also ordered the Ultimate Connoisseur's Collection. Can't wait to get them. My wife got me a humidor when we got married back in April of 2011.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Gino USMC:
    Just joined the site and made my first order. I ordered an Acid sampler tin. I have had the Acid Blondie and Kuba Kuba and liked them. Also ordered the Ultimate Connoisseur's Collection. Can't wait to get them. My wife got me a humidor when we got married back in April of 2011.
    Welcome Gino! Heck of a pick up! My name is Jiunn. Hello
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Gino USMC:
    Alright!! enjoy and welcome!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Santa Claus:
    MVW67:
    MVW67:
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    Yes Welcome
    yup up
    Joe is gone you fool
    =[
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Gino USMC:
    Where at in SoCal bro? Welcome
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Welcome. Always great to see new faces.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Gino USMC:
    welcome. thanks for posting and stay awhile.
  • Options
    biodarwinbiodarwin Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Welcome to the site! Ironically I ordered the same sample when I first started to fill my humidor :)
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Gino USMC:
    From Garden Grove, now living in Escondido.
  • Options
    Gino USMC:
    catfishbluezz:
    Gino USMC:
    From Garden Grove, now living in Escondido.
    Stone Brewery = awesome
  • Options
    DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    Gino USMC:
    Welcome to the forum bro
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Fun and Enjoy
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Welcome. Enjoy! And have fun!
  • Options
    Welcome noobs/newbs....lol:-)
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Welcome one and all!!
  • Options
    j0z3r:

Joe
    bump and grind:-)
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to any newbs i missed!
  • Options
    Welcome one and all!
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i looked for this when i started, but didn't see one. Intro: Brand new to "the hobby" from St. Louis. Used to be a swing by the cigar shop grab a few sticks (mainly el cheapos) before golfing/fishing/other outdoor stuff and began to like it enough that was all i asked for over christmas. i am now a happy owner of a petite humidor, xikar travel, xikar cutter, and a bunch of sticks. (that i can't smoke because the wife left them in a dead humidor for several weeks) Looking to learn more about cigars and meet some fun people. Love the fact that this is such a welcoming and helpful community.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    i looked for this when i started, but didn't see one. Intro: Brand new to "the hobby" from St. Louis. Used to be a swing by the cigar shop grab a few sticks (mainly el cheapos) before golfing/fishing/other outdoor stuff and began to like it enough that was all i asked for over christmas. i am now a happy owner of a petite humidor, xikar travel, xikar cutter, and a bunch of sticks. (that i can't smoke because the wife left them in a dead humidor for several weeks) Looking to learn more about cigars and meet some fun people. Love the fact that this is such a welcoming and helpful community.
    Welcome aboard, Brian....
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    welcome to the party. Everyone here is so nice. stay and enjoy the fun!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    i looked for this when i started, but didn't see one. ... Looking to learn more about cigars and meet some fun people. Love the fact that this is such a welcoming and helpful community.
    What he said! I have smoked cigars on special occasions in the past and really enjoyed them, but never got into the hobby seriously. After completing a master's degree in May, my FIL gave me three to celebrate with, and I loved them, especially the one I took to a job interview and smoked in the beach in FL. My wife saw my enjoyment and bought me a small humidor for Christmas. It's seasoned, and awaiting its first shipment of cigars right now! To the details, 35, married with 2 kids. Currently live in Memphis, but still job hunting around the country.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Scorpio?
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome new guys!! ^^ lol
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Brian, Martel and of course Mike!! Glad to have you on board. Remember, we like to share!! Don't we Brian :) please refer all intricate questions to Jiunn( Mike's roomie).
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Welcome to Brian, Martel and of course Mike!! Glad to have you on board. Remember, we like to share!! Don't we Brian :) please refer all intricate questions to Jiunn( Mike's roomie).
    yes and it is appreciated.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Bigshizza:
    yes and it is appreciated.
    Cool baby..should be there Wednesday I believe...enjoy my friend!!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes indeed welcome .this is a great place to get info on cigars.rant about the terrible day you had.crack a joke or two so enjoy and dont be scared to speak up.and its always got to throw out your adresses so we can keep you informed of any conventions or tasting coming to your area....you guys like what i did there??
    no matter where you go, there you are.