Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    welcome guys

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• Options
    Hello everyone, from Havana, Ohio. My name is Jim and I've been enjoying cigars for about 7yrs. Stumbled onto this board a while ago, read a lot of posts and reviews, bought a few sticks based on those reviews, and thought it was time to join in the fun. By the way the reviews were a great tool to help pick out some new sticks. Loved them all.
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Hi my name is Chris, I just started smoking cigars in the last year and I can't get enough. I've been ordering samplers trying to figure out which sticks I prefer, I started out preferring the mild but I've since moved on to the full body and I'm loving them. I've been scanning this forum for the past month and enjoy reading all of the posts. It seems like a brotherhood. Well I look forward to getting to know all of you guys and learning from some veterans what sticks are the best. My favorite so far is the MOW Armada.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Welcome all new members.
  • Options
    Well, as I so Grandly announced, I'm James from Elkhart, Texas. No B&M's reasonably close so have been using this site for tips and buys. Hope to do better, sorry. Did not mean to start a thread.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Welcome all. Enjoy the show.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome all new guys, Jim, James and Chris. Nice to have you here with us.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome guys!
  • Options
    Hey all my name is Jason. I'm 30 and have been smoking cigars since I was 19. I've tried dozens upon dozens of blends and brands. I have a 300 count humidor which has quite a few sticks in it. I'm glad I can be apart of a community such as this. I'm the only one in the family that smokes...so it's hard to talk to anybody about this hobby of mine :)
  • Options
    Welcome Jason. Sounds like you are going to fit in just fine around here. You might want to get a bigger humi.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Richard and Jason, are you guys related? You kinda look alike!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    Hey all my name is Jason. I'm 30 and have been smoking cigars since I was 19. I've tried dozens upon dozens of blends and brands. I have a 300 count humidor which has quite a few sticks in it. I'm glad I can be apart of a community such as this. I'm the only one in the family that smokes...so it's hard to talk to anybody about this hobby of mine :)
    I know the feeling, not having anyone around to share the hobby with. I started out the same way. You came to the right place, welcome!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Ello to all! Proper intros, will be pm'd to you, upper right inbox! Been slipping! Lol:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Greetings to all... I have been scoping around several forums for some months, I liked this one the best. So Howdy to all and while I will read more before many posts, just how I am.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all of the new guys. Glad you found us. Stick around for a while and get comfortable. The only way to truly appreciate this place and the people here is to just jump right in and start sharing your experiences/opinions/humor/whatever.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ( '}{' )
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    macs-smokes:
    Greetings to all... I have been scoping around several forums for some months, I liked this one the best. So Howdy to all and while I will read more before many posts, just how I am.
    Welcome! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask someone.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Bump)

And welcome to all the new folks who've joined and posted here or elsewhere on the forums these past couple weeks!
    Stick around a while, it's a great place with a whole lot of great people!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Dante6Dante6 Posts: 16
    hello im 25 started smoking cigars a few months ago (in afghanistan) and just stumbled across this forum (even though ive ordered hundeds of dollers from the site haha) was turned on to cigars by my squad leader and let me say there is no better way to unwind after a mission or even just a rough day then a good cigar in the company of brothers.
  • Options
    Welcome, Dante6
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome bro, there are a few guys like u serving over there on his forum. Be safe.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service.
  • Options
    Welcome to the fun!:-)
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see more outstanding BOTL's joining every day!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    I've run across a couple of newbies lately. Topsy
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Bumpity
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Hi all! My name is Scott, I have been smoking cigars for 20 years. I was searching for a fix for my humidor and came across this forum. I am married to my best friend with 3 kids, a business owner and back in school working on a PhD. With all that going on I share U.S. Grant's sentiment, that the day to day would be very difficult to negotiate without the comfort that my tobacco brings me. I look forward to talking with all of you.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum Scott. Find a fix for that humi?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Scott, It's nice to have you here with us. twenty years of smoking and you are still a Newbie?
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Scott and All!! Welcome bro