Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Welcome, fellas.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Poopy Jones and HolyFire (and anyone else I may have missed). Glad to have you on board. You may not realize it yet, but you have actually stumbled upon the best cigar forum on the net. No, really, I'm not joking. Stick around a little while and get to know us. You will be glad you did!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Welcome Holy & Poops!! Hang around for awhile..some great info and even better friends to be found!!
    HOLYPOOPS that's a great combo right there!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Bigshizza:
    Welcome Holy & Poops!! Hang around for awhile..some great info and even better friends to be found!!
    HOLYPOOPS that's a great combo right there!!
    They're magicarry dericious
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Holy weekend newbies batman. Come on new guys/gals. Stop in and say hi.
  • Options
    RoosterTXRoosterTX Posts: 16
    Since this is the Newbie welcome thread, I might as well introduce myself. My name is Nathan, I am a 36 year old lawyer from San Antonio, and I smoke cigars.

My other hobbies include brewing beer, drinking beer, competition BBQ (which is a great place to smoke cigars btw) and reading science fiction and fantasy. Can't get enough of authors like Brandon Sanderson and Peter F. Hamilton.

My two dogs are R.J. and Mitzi, and they are awesome. Always good to come home after 12 hours at the office and get met at the back gate by a golden retriever with a stick in his mouth, ready to play some fetch.

The Spurs are the best franchise in the modern basketball era and I am a proud graduate of Texas Christian University. Looking forward to a great Big XII football season this fall.

Thanks for letting me lurk around here for a little while. Maybe someday I can add something productive to a conversation.

Edited to fix formatting.
  • Options
    Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    Welcome, RoosterTX. Hope you stick around for the fun.
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Rooster, I'm new around here myself. My advice to you is if you stick around here buy a Cooler.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Nathan. Just remember, my boy Rasheed gifted you one of those Spurs championships. Who leaves Big Shot Bob wide open like that? Lol, anyways, glad to have you here!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Welcome to the forum Nathan. Just remember, my boy Rasheed gifted you one of those Spurs championships. Who leaves Big Shot Bob wide open like that? Lol, anyways, glad to have you here!

Tim and Rasheed's rivalry goes all the way back to North Carolina and Wake Forest in the ACC. Loved watching those two go at it.

I will never forget that game. My brother was listening on the radio in another room, and that feed was about 10 seconds ahead of the television. He starts hooting and hollering, and I was just trying to figure out what was going on. 10 seconds later Big Shot Bob hit that shot and I started hooting and hollering. It was a good day in south Texas.
  • Options
    C-LOVE:
    Welcome Rooster, I'm new around here myself. My advice to you is if you stick around here buy a Cooler.

Thanks C-Love. I recently bought a 50 stick humidor on Amazon, but that thing is already full and I have another on order. Working my way through a variety of sticks right now and trying to find what I like. So far I am into big, bold, tasty maduros, but there are so many things out there to smoke!

Rooster
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Welcome Rooster. There are many good people on here. Oh, and never ever never give mike williams your address, but if you want his i have it.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Howdy, another new cigar smoker. Well, new to the good ones anyway. The anti-tobacco sociopaths at my agency went berserk this year, which reminded me that I enjoyed the cheap stuff in college but NOW I can afford the good stuff!

Still working my way through several samplers (couple more on the way) figuring out what I like, but the forum has helped out a ton, the reviews are outstanding. Gonna be able to get through more sticks in a few months as it gets nicer here in the land of liquid sunshine.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Kevin.
    perkinke:
    Howdy, another new cigar smoker. Well, new to the good ones anyway. The anti-tobacco sociopaths at my agency went berserk this year, which reminded me that I enjoyed the cheap stuff in college but NOW I can afford the good stuff!

Still working my way through several samplers (couple more on the way) figuring out what I like, but the forum has helped out a ton, the reviews are outstanding. Gonna be able to get through more sticks in a few months as it gets nicer here in the land of liquid sunshine.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome guys!
  • Options
    Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    rzaman:
    perkinke:

Welcome, Kevin.
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    rzaman:
    perkinke:

Welcome, Kevin.
    Welcome Kevin
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    A big ole howdy to all the new members that I've missed so far! Welcome to the madness!
  • Options
    Good evening folks! Newb to the forums so I figured I'd make this my first stop. My name is Jason, from southwest Florida. Im sure I'll be on here with some regularity as I don't smoke in the house and like to peruse the internets while enjoying a cigar.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Jason. This is a great place with some even greater people.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well not a new member persay but one that hasn't posted here in some time. Figured that since I've been gone for a significant amount of time and that there are a lot more new faces that I don't recognize than ones I do that I should introduce myself here.

My name is Brett and in a few days I will turn 25, I have been smoking for just shy of 10 years (yes that number is true) and am married to a cigar lover/smoker as well and less than two weeks ago just became a father for the first time with our baby boy. I am a seasoned smoker and heavy collector and truly look forward to getting to know all of y'all over the course of time! Great to be back and long ashes brothers ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    ehehat:
    Thank you, sir. Hope to become one of those great people.. After all, it is the people that make a place like this such a great place to hang out.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Well not a new member persay but one that hasn't posted here in some time. Figured that since I've been gone for a significant amount of time and that there are a lot more new faces that I don't recognize than ones I do that I should introduce myself here.

My name is Brett and in a few days I will turn 25, I have been smoking for just shy of 10 years (yes that number is true) and am married to a cigar lover/smoker as well and less than two weeks ago just became a father for the first time with our baby boy. I am a seasoned smoker and heavy collector and truly look forward to getting to know all of y'all over the course of time! Great to be back and long ashes brothers ;)

Pikey...
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Tampadelphia:
    ehehat:
    Thank you, sir. Hope to become one of those great people.. After all, it is the people that make a place like this such a great place to hang out.
    pm to you, sir. Top right of your screen "inbox" :)
  • Options
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:

Pikey...
    Lmao Welshi-prik ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:

Pikey...
    Lmao Welshi-prik ;)
    It's big bro da Tat Who' howdy HI fella!!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    90+ Irishman:
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:

Pikey...
    Lmao Welshi-prik ;)
    LOL what up Lil' Bro Tat Who' ;)
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Bigshizza:
    90+ Irishman:
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:

Pikey...
    Lmao Welshi-prik ;)
    LOL what up Lil' Bro Tat Who' ;)
    Welcome Brett!!! Be sure to check out the newbie trading thread .... ;-) (LOL I kid)

But seriously good to see you back, brother!! And big congrats to you and your wife!!! Hope everyone's healthy and doing well!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    welcome Jason and welcome back Brett!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:

Pikey...
    Lmao Welshi-prik ;)
    Hey now...lay off the Welsh there pal! Good to see you back bro.