Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    coachrumcoachrum Posts: 18
    Thanks for the welcome, Joe. I was encoouraged to check out this site from a friend at a local cigar lounge. I live in Dearborn, Michigan.

Mike
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    welcome. this place is the best community out there. you chose the right community to join.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Mike. Add one to the michigan column.
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Welcome Mike, You pick a great place to herf.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Welcome all.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I'm not too familiar with forums and this is my first post. I grew up in Miami, FL, and that is where I had my first cigar. I live in Idaho now and recently I've been getting into cigar smoking again. I've tried a couple of samplers, and so far I like a lot of the 5 Vegas namely the Gold and Miami (maybe a little bias there hehe). I was wondering if I could get some recommendations from some of the more seasoned members on this site =)
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    MenaMIA1980:
    Hey everyone! I'm not too familiar with forums and this is my first post. I grew up in Miami, FL, and that is where I had my first cigar. I live in Idaho now and recently I've been getting into cigar smoking again. I've tried a couple of samplers, and so far I like a lot of the 5 Vegas namely the Gold and Miami (maybe a little bias there hehe). I was wondering if I could get some recommendations from some of the more seasoned members on this site =)
    Welcome! Smoke em all ;)
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MenaMIA1980:
    5V Miami's are great!! For a good maduro, I love the 5 Vegas A series, sweet and smooth. The AAA's are a little spicier and more bitter. I prefer the A's, but both are worth a try.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    Welcome to the circus!
  • Options
    wardcwardc Posts: 37
    Welcome Mike
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my name is Luke and I'm new to the online community. Been smoking for about 6 months seriously. Of course I started on backwoods and acids. But I soon found the error of my ways and I've moved on to better quality. I'm living in Fort Collins and looking to find a shop somewhat nearby where I can find liga, viaje, tatuaje, and the rarer Fuentes. Or even a good friend with a place to smoke indoors to keep out of the infernal wind that plagues northern Colorado
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Captain Call:
    So my name is Luke and I'm new to the online community. Been smoking for about 6 months seriously. Of course I started on backwoods and acids. But I soon found the error of my ways and I've moved on to better quality. I'm living in Fort Collins and looking to find a shop somewhat nearby where I can find liga, viaje, tatuaje, and the rarer Fuentes. Or even a good friend with a place to smoke indoors to keep out of the infernal wind that plagues northern Colorado
    Welcome Luke, say goodbye to your money!
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like to think of it as saying goodbye to my money. I like to think of it as saying hello to excellent cigars. They all need a good home and I have more than enough space and love for all of them
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Captain Call!!! Nice name I love that movie!! I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Captain.. We are going to need an officers club here soon. Nice to have you with us.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome, CC
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome captain!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone ! Glad to be here. Curt from Cedar Rapids ,IA ! Love a fine stogie with a good dark beer. Happy to meet you all !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Welcome guys. Good to have you here.
  • Options
    And welcome to you as well Curt. This is a nice place to visit as you will soon discover.
  • Options
    puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forum coach bum or rum lol. He is a regular at my shop and a huge Michigan Fan. Huge Michigan Football fan. Great guy and welcome to the community. A true welcome is in order. And Luke how was the return trip home to Fort Collins was she surprised? Hope all is well and return soon Brother.

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• Options
    coachrumcoachrum Posts: 18
    Thanks for the welcome, puffmaster. Just to set the record straight I am not a huge Michigan fan...i just live in the state for now.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Welcome guys.
  • Options
    Welcome curt...fun place to be a part of
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to mena, captain, curt and all the other new guys out there.
  • Options
    The_Milk_ManThe_Milk_Man Posts: 2
    Hi all. I was just introduced to this forum last night. I used to smoke every now and again but recently have been wanting to learn more. Yesterday I was reintroduced big time by a member here (didn't get his member name). Great guy and a wealth of information.

I hope to learn a lot from this forum.
  • Options
    welcome.....great place to find info
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to ALL of our new guys here.
  • Options
    The Milk Man:
    Hi all. I was just introduced to this forum last night. I used to smoke every now and again but recently have been wanting to learn more. Yesterday I was reintroduced big time by a member here (didn't get his member name). Great guy and a wealth of information. I hope to learn a lot from this forum.
    When I was eight years old, the milk man stole my dog. Yes, I saw him through the kitchen window. He opened the gate and put my dog in the truck.. Of course he denied it when questioned. But, he was taken off the route because he was accused of the same offense before. That being said... Welcome to the forums. I'll be watching you.