THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Hey Chris welcome to the forum. Enjoy
    Steve
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the circus Chris. Now go out and buy the biggest cooler you can find. You'll thank me later.
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Chris
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Hey all! My name is Chris and im fairly new to the world of cigars. I have a 40 count humi set up with a digital hygrometer/thermometer and a jar DR. RH humidifying gel jar. I seasoned my humi and let it stabilize before loading it up. Im currently dabbling trying to find my tastes... so far ive been sticking in the mild group... but am hoping to grow. :) I welcome any advice or suggestions happily! I look forward to getting sucked into the forums here. lol
    Welcome! Get a bigger humi ;)
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Chris, sounds like you're off to a good start. Be sure to set aside matching funds for your wife, prevents jealousy, which IS going to happen, at least in my experience.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Forum Chris.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    welcome chris. Good to see another newb cigar smoker around here.....the last few newbs to the fourms have been longtime smokers.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Hey all! My name is Chris and im fairly new to the world of cigars. I have a 40 count humi set up with a digital hygrometer/thermometer and a jar DR. RH humidifying gel jar. I seasoned my humi and let it stabilize before loading it up. Im currently dabbling trying to find my tastes... so far ive been sticking in the mild group... but am hoping to grow. :) I welcome any advice or suggestions happily! I look forward to getting sucked into the forums here. lol
    Welcome Chris. I'm a relative newbie myself. I've been smoking for a couple of years and I've been hanging around this forum for a couple of months now. This is a great place to hang out and learn and and everyone is helpful. Other forums sre not always cool. I remember this other forum that I went to - I mentioned the cigar I was smoking and these two #icks berated my cigar right off the bat. They practically called it a ****. I don't think that they intentionally meant to insult me, but either way, no class. But the guys here at this forum are decent and helpful. Oh, and speaking of mild sticks, I recommend Angelinos. They have a great flavor IMO and you can get them at great prices on Cigar.com (ccom) and even if you don't love them yourself  they are great “first cigars” to hand out to your friends. 
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:

Welcome Chris !
    Let your palette guide you.
    You learn a lot just by trying different brands.
    Be careful here, these boys are some serious aficionados .
    And all started by reading writing, and herfing !
    Welcome and have fun !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Yeah sometime tonight when I'm not only tied to my phone for Internet use (currently at work) ill fill out my bio and get more involved in other threads! I think I've only been smoking for a few months now and have already found my humidor to full pretty quick. But sadly 20 of them were duds (bad bundle I thought... Not really my taste). As for a larger humidor... I'm working on that. ;) with being new to cigars I'm also a new homeowner... Which came with a leaky roof to repair. So I'm currently working on a tight budget. But as time goes on my collection and tastes will grow too :) thanks again for the big welcome!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    Wow!!! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Yeah sometime tonight when I'm not only tied to my phone for Internet use (currently at work) ill fill out my bio and get more involved in other threads! I think I've only been smoking for a few months now and have already found my humidor to full pretty quick. But sadly 20 of them were duds (bad bundle I thought... Not really my taste). As for a larger humidor... I'm working on that. ;) with being new to cigars I'm also a new homeowner... Which came with a leaky roof to repair. So I'm currently working on a tight budget. But as time goes on my collection and tastes will grow too :) thanks again for the big welcome!
    I see nobody told you, when you join you have to post your address. We send housewarming gifts.
  • Options
    Rain:
    LiquidChaos66:
    I see nobody told you, when you join you have to post your address. We send housewarming gifts.
    photo 49501f925445f14ec2cea7a5713705f1_zps20ef80dd.jpg
  • Options
    Brian, I'm about to turn you in to the Sheriff for trolling.
  • Options
    I'm a little apprehensive about posting my mailing address online. Lol but in willing to what via private message. :) shoot me a message and ill give it out.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    I'm a little apprehensive about posting my mailing address online. Lol but in willing to what via private message. :) shoot me a message and ill give it out.
    It's not your social ;)I was going to just take it from the PM and paste it here, but I will respect your wishes. PM!
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Welcome to the new members.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Brian, I'm about to turn you in to the Sheriff for trolling.
    do i get to have an awesome picture in my signature like catfish?

that would rock.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My name is Nathan, I only have about nine months of smoke time, I tried many years ago but didn't know Anything and not having a mentor quickly gave up (this was before the Internet took off) A friend turned me on to a Perdomo a while back and I have been hooked since, I have been reading everything I can find about cigars. I seem to have gone over board a little bit, I currently have two 100 ct, a 150 ct, two five hundred ct, two 20 ct, and a couple of travelers I also have an 8 cubic ft cabinet on the drawing board. I am the owner/operator of a small remodeling company in Austin TX, I enjoy wood working and the outdoors. I would like some info on the trading, etiquette, rules etc, are there regulations on shipping cigars thru the mail? also any info on how to post pictures would be great, I don't know a lot about computers so please keep it VERY simple. A Friend of Bill W.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    My name is Nathan, I only have about nine months of smoke time, I tried many years ago but didn't know Anything and not having a mentor quickly gave up (this was before the Internet took off) A friend turned me on to a Perdomo a while back and I have been hooked since, I have been reading everything I can find about cigars. I seem to have gone over board a little bit, I currently have two 100 ct, a 150 ct, two five hundred ct, two 20 ct, and a couple of travelers I also have an 8 cubic ft cabinet on the drawing board. I am the owner/operator of a small remodeling company in Austin TX, I enjoy wood working and the outdoors. I would like some info on the trading, etiquette, rules etc, are there regulations on shipping cigars thru the mail? also any info on how to post pictures would be great, I don't know a lot about computers so please keep it VERY simple. A Friend of Bill W.
    Welcome Nathan. I shall bump a few threads to help get you going :)
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums Nathan , these are a great group of guys(and gals) , and give me your address in a PM.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Nathan. Stick around and dont be afraid to ask questions, really great group of people here.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum Nathan. Signing up on ccom is a great start. Looks like you are gonna have more mentors than you ever thiught possible. Also, good job on the humi front...you're going to need those plus more.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to all the newbs!
  • Options
    Welcome aboard man!!! I've only been on here since Wednesday I think and these guys are awesome!!!! Good move joining up here! Lol I've learned more in the last few days than I have since I started smoking cigars. Granted its only been about 6 months for me. Lol
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Nathan.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome new guys...PM me yo addy for yo welcome gift!!! Shizzsticks
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Welcome new guys...PM me yo addy for yo welcome gift!!! Shizzsticks
    its a trap!!!
  • Options
    Holy crap guys. You've been marked by the Shizza. You better do as he says. When the big shizza speaks...everybody listens or else!
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the gang Nathan.
  • Options
    Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    Welcome to the fun, stick around.