THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    MackCWMackCW Posts: 7
    Thanks for the warm welcome
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (bump)

And welcome to all the new folks I've missed!
    Glad to y'all found this place ---- fire up a good one, kick back relax, and stick around for a while!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    weekend bump
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    weekend bump
    those are the best kind arent they??
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome new and old....:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Welcome new and old....:-)

Hiya, Mike!!
    A hale and hearty welcome to anyone I've missed. Welcome to your own personal wonderland!
  • Options
    tip top
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Hey all. Just starting to pick this up as a new hobby. I found a cigar helps me calm down during some anxiety issues and is just great to help me relax in general. Just ordered the Big Brand One Stop Sampler. Figured it'd get me enough new things at a good price and then I'll add the other necessary accessories and keep going. I'm definitely more into a mild to mild-medium flavor so far.

Name is Sam.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forums Sam!!
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Welcome to the family.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum Sam.
  • Options
    Welcome Sammy!:-) :-) :-)
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. You won't find more info on cigars anywhere else that I can assure you.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Sam. You've come to the right place.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. Quick question, I'm on car forums, music forums, forum forums (not really) and each one has it's etiquette. So, even though I've read a lot from these pages already and have read a lot from many other websites to get some basic knowledge, is it bad etiquette on these forums to just post a new thread with my own newbie questions? I assume they have all been answered millions of times but I can't seem to find a good answer for each and every one.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Thanks everyone. Quick question, I'm on car forums, music forums, forum forums (not really) and each one has it's etiquette. So, even though I've read a lot from these pages already and have read a lot from many other websites to get some basic knowledge, is it bad etiquette on these forums to just post a new thread with my own newbie questions? I assume they have all been answered millions of times but I can't seem to find a good answer for each and every one.
    Welcome and ask away. Just try to place the question in the appropriate sub-forum (General, 101, Review, etc).
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Sam . If you could click you inbox top right hand corner you have a private message
  • Options
    SmokeWISmokeWI Posts: 64
    Hey everyone!

My name is David, and I am 22 (23 in September). I am from Wisconsin and have lived here my entire life. I go to college at UW-Stevens Point where I am hopefully declaring a major in Wildlife Management.

I started smoking cigars last year when a kid in my dorm introduced me to cigars, and I was immediately hooked on the hobby. Due to the amount that I enjoy smoking cigars, and the lack of money I have as a college student, I transitioned into pipe smoking this last December. Unfortunately it doesn't give me the same amount of pleasure that cigars do, so I am back to them.

I just recently purchased my first humidor, just a small 20-25count one to start me off. I am currently having an issue with getting the humidity levels to come down to that 72ish level, it just sits around 80 but with time it will come down I've been told.

I am still experimenting and learning with different brands and wrappers and sizes but I seem to enjoy maduros more consistently than naturals. My favorite to date is probably the Onyx Reserve.

If anyone has any suggestions of some cigars to try that won't break my bank so to speak please feel free to message me with any info / advice you got!

Looking forward to being part of the community!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to have you on the forum David. 72ish for your RH would still be a bit high in my opinion. I keep my sticks anywhere between 64-68.... Just my thang.... There are tons of informative threads on here that you should check out.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Sometimes you just gotta ask. Please feel free to ask us. I know how it is. Sometime you just can't find a thread that has already addressed what you want to ask about. I have asked a ton of questions here and I've gotten great advice.
  • Options
    SmokeWI:
    Hey everyone!

My name is David, and I am 22 (23 in September). I am from Wisconsin and have lived here my entire life. I go to college at UW-Stevens Point where I am hopefully declaring a major in Wildlife Management.

I started smoking cigars last year when a kid in my dorm introduced me to cigars, and I was immediately hooked on the hobby. Due to the amount that I enjoy smoking cigars, and the lack of money I have as a college student, I transitioned into pipe smoking this last December. Unfortunately it doesn't give me the same amount of pleasure that cigars do, so I am back to them.

I just recently purchased my first humidor, just a small 20-25count one to start me off. I am currently having an issue with getting the humidity levels to come down to that 72ish level, it just sits around 80 but with time it will come down I've been told.

I am still experimenting and learning with different brands and wrappers and sizes but I seem to enjoy maduros more consistently than naturals. My favorite to date is probably the Onyx Reserve.

If anyone has any suggestions of some cigars to try that won't break my bank so to speak please feel free to message me with any info / advice you got!

Looking forward to being part of the community!
    welcome and where you located...you have a pm
  • Options
    Rice_CrispyRice_Crispy Posts: 42
    welcome everyone. im chris 29 from Chicago. ive been smoking cigars for a month now. it feels good to. my manager gave me one. an from that point I was hook.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the fold, new convert.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome one and all to the fun...have any ???? Just ask!!
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Welcome
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to anyone I've missed recently!
    "Step right up, boy. Have a cigar, you're gonna go far..."
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Welcome to anyone I've missed recently!
    "Step right up, boy. Have a cigar, you're gonna go far..."
    Love some Pink Floyd.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Hello everyone names Ian i'm 21 live in Florida. started smoking about a year or so ago, Me and my dad started smoking cigars together ive since gone my own way and enjoy smoking pipes more often then a cigar (tho I still love me a nice cigar). My father is the one who showed me this site and I look forward to talking with you guys and diving deeper into the tobacco community.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome Ian!!
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum Ian. Glad to have ya.