THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Chris!! And any other noobs!!
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    mcpetes16:
    OK ladies and gentleman I will introduce myself as well My name is Chris, all my friends call me CR. 35 years old from buffalo, MN. I have always enjoyed the smell of cigars and recently started smoking. I stumbled onto the website when I was looking for a humidor. I found the forum and haven't left since. Now I have been trolling the website collecting information and knowledge. I look forward to getting to know you all.
    Welcome to the forum CR. Good to have ya.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    welcome man.....good to see someone is able to format posts right off the bat.
  • Options
    Hello all. Name's Don from a little town in Maine. My brother invited me to a herf back in April and I've been puffing ever since.
  • Options
    mcpetes16mcpetes16 Posts: 14
    brianetz1:
    welcome man.....good to see someone is able to format posts right off the bat.

Part of other message forums, bring wisdom over, and make things easy to read
  • Options
    Hi all. I have smoked the odd cigar now and then through the years but just recently started to get into it for relaxation in the evening. My name is Bruce, I am 59 and live in Anchorage, Alaska. We had a record summer and it made it easy to sit on the back deck and enjoy a cigar. When the rain started I moved to the front porch where it is covered. Not sure what I will do when it gets below zero but I will think of something. Just been experimenting with what I like, buying samplers and small lots off the sprint auction, since they will ship to me for free. Best so far, in order top to bottom, the Hemmingway short story, Olivia V (small one) and the Nub (forgot which one). Decided I am liking the small fat ones best, don't take so long and still smoke like a big one.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Welcome to Alaskan, Mandobro, and mcPetes16. Smoke up gentlemen. Also check out the formatting page and games. We like to have a bit of fun here.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Welcome to Alaskan, Mandobro, and mcPetes16. Smoke up gentlemen. Also check out the formatting page and games. We like to have a bit of fun here.
    +1for me
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Hello to all the new folks.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Lots of newbies since this morning. Welcome gents!

Now get those cameras Rollin and let see what your smokin tonight.
  • Options
    Will Matthews here - I am a 29 year old graduate from The University of Alabama.

I am a huge cigar lover.

I woke up a few months ago with the unstoppable urge to get into the cigar selling business. I eat, sleep, and breathe cigars even though it isn't currently earning me revenue. I have great relationships with local Humidor/Cigar Retailers because when I'm in their stores I sell them a ton of smokes to buyers that don't typically do so. My dynamic and outgoing approach combined with enthusiasm, knowledge, and love of cigars enable me to sell without even trying to do so.

I just garnered a job offer from a major restaurant franchise to enter the management field. Before I jump into that boat, I want to chase after my dream and see if anything may possibly be out there.

So I was already a member to the site because i was looking for some Drew Estate/Rocky Patel/CAO type sampler packs and was curious about pricing and etc. I have assembled a pretty good collection in my humidor and have completely quit smoking cigarettes all together.

It's just e-cigs and cigars here on out fellas. I love the infused stuff, anything Rocky Patel or Jonathan Drew touches (unless it's too spicy) and a fan of CAO's flavors and cigarellos when I am on the go. Looking to broaden my horizons. I like the Kristoff red labels and will even smoke a Vault or two... my pallet is changing and developing as I go further into the obsession with cigars. Enjoying the ride. Looking forward to the back and forth on this site fellas. Cheers.
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Welcome gents! Hope you enjoy this place as much as I am! I am learning tons and discovering new things daily thanks to all these brothers!
  • Options
    Hello, all.

I just came across the forum recently and I'm loving some of the discussion already. I had already been reading some threads for a couple of days and would probably have signed up anyways, but the fact that there was another deployed soldier who happens to work closely with my unit (albeit at another base) actively posting got me to jump on registering right away.

Now I've figured out the line breaks and what not, but what about email subscriptions to threads? I'm not getting notifications at all. As a matter of fact, I didn't even get an email confirming my registration, although it obviously went through and I'm not even sure that one goes out to begin with.

Lastly, what is the "Enable DisplayName" function?
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome one and all look forward to dealings with you guys! And gals!
  • Options
    Hey guys, Corey here, 25 from North Carolina. Just getting into cigars. I have been smoking for a few months now. Look forward to having some folks to chat stogies with as most of the people I'm around don't smoke.
  • Options
    welcome! you picked a great community to be a part of. be sure to join in on the fun and if you want, and have a gmail account and a webcam feel free to pop in on our Virtual Herf threads where we post links to google hangout so we can chat while smoking.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.Fusion:
    Hello everyone names Ian i'm 21 live in Florida. started smoking about a year or so ago, Me and my dad started smoking cigars together ive since gone my own way and enjoy smoking pipes more often then a cigar (tho I still love me a nice cigar). My father is the one who showed me this site and I look forward to talking with you guys and diving deeper into the tobacco community.
    you know i thought the guy in the picture looked familaiar then it hit me.....thats my boy!!just a proud dad here.been telling him he needed to get on here and start talking to all you guys.hes more into the pipes and i told him this is a great place to get a lot of info and good honest reveiws.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to our new members Corey, Chris (CR. 35 LOL), Bruce, Don, Aficionado_de_Perfectos, Brandon, Brian Michel & Ian.

I'm not the rush chairman but I'm damn glad to meet you.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    Welcome to our new members Corey, Chris (CR. 35 LOL), Bruce, Don, Aficionado_de_Perfectos, Brandon, Brian Michel & Ian.

I'm not the rush chairman but I'm damn glad to meet you.
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to the discussions on this forum. There's a lot of knowledge and shared enthusiasm for our hobby in common here.

Again, can anyone help me with these issues? I'm having trouble with email subscriptions to threads. I'm not getting notifications at all after I clicked to enable subscription and there have been posts that came up subsequent to me doing so.

What is the "Enable DisplayName" function? It doesn't appear to have any effect on my forum navigation or anything.
  • Options
    What is the "Enable DisplayName" function? I'd like to know what that does too. And email subscriptions to threads, I don't care to get those so I haven't tried that. I know I'm no help to you so far but I would suggest that you post those questions on the "cigar 101" forum. Maybe you'll get more eyes on your question that way.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    What is the "Enable DisplayName" function? I'd like to know what that does too. And email subscriptions to threads, I don't care to get those so I haven't tried that. I know I'm no help to you so far but I would suggest that you post those questions on the "cigar 101" forum. Maybe you'll get more eyes on your question that way.
    Good call. I'll do that. I just didn't want to start a thread devoted to those issues and thought someone welcoming newbies might be able to address it, but I guess I'll have to.
  • Options
    I'm fairly new to the joys of cigars. I live in Hoodsport, Wa. which is roughly 2hrs south of Seattle. I love the great sampler deals I can find. It's driving my wife crazy. At the moment I'm enjoying a La Gloria Cubana Series R with a cup of coffee eagerly awaiting the start of the Seahawks game. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learn all about this pleasure.
  • Options
    Welcome Kieth. You've landed in the friendliest cigar forum that I know of. You should check out the NW herf thread. Some of the guys from the great northwest are trying to arrange a sit & smoke session.

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/688870.aspx
  • Options
    Will do. Thanks!!
  • Options
    lonniekt1966:
    I'm fairly new to the joys of cigars. I live in Hoodsport, Wa. which is roughly 2hrs south of Seattle. I love the great sampler deals I can find. It's driving my wife crazy. At the moment I'm enjoying a La Gloria Cubana Series R with a cup of coffee eagerly awaiting the start of the Seahawks game. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learn all about this pleasure.
    welcome and that was a crappy game huh? There are some die hard seahawks fans around here. Next time you see the V-Herf thread pop up, get your self a gmail account and a webcam and pop on. You won't be the only hawks fan there when we do it!
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Welcome everybody. What part of NC are you from Corey? Fayetteville myself
  • Options
    I live in Mill Spring, just across the SC line.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, I've been an on and off cigar smoker for 20 years or so, I liv in Mass
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Welcome to the forums! You will find a weath of information here.
  • Options
    welcome man. we have a good few people around here from Mass.....you should come to the Vherfs. Both Vision and thehilk are from mass and they do the Vherfs with us.