Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    SchackersSchackers Posts: 18
    Hi everyone,
    My names' Alex I'm a 21 year old college student working in the golf industry, I just started taking the cigar hobby more seriously bought a small humidor and got a few deals on this site. Im pretty much obsessed, I want to try everything! This seems like a really cool group with some great info, hopefully this site will take my cigar hobbymtonthe next level.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome new folks. Stick around and enjoy.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Schackers:
    Hi everyone, My names' Alex I'm a 21 year old college student working in the golf industry, I just started taking the cigar hobby more seriously bought a small humidor and got a few deals on this site. Im pretty much obsessed, I want to try everything! This seems like a really cool group with some great info, hopefully this site will take my cigar hobbymtonthe next level.
    welcome to the forums Alex! Stick around this is a great place to be
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Bump for any new folks.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    WHATS UP GUYS? Newbee here from New Mexico. My name is A.j. and im 29 just got into cigars this last year when i got a humidor for a gift. I have found myself really enjoying the habit, and the social aspects of it and i look forward to chatting here with you all and learning more!
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    WHATS UP GUYS? Newbee here from New Mexico. My name is A.j. and im 29 just got into cigars this last year when i got a humidor for a gift. I have found myself really enjoying the habit, and the social aspects of it and i look forward to chatting here with you all and learning more!
    Howdy Doc ! Enjoy your stay.
    Some great folk and info here ! Enjoy !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's up Doc! Welcome to the place.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    What's up Doc! Welcome to the place.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:

White Sands huh? Welcome from the northern part of the state.
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Yes sir! interesting place atleast. Are there many NM members here?
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    pelirrojo:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Yes sir! interesting place atleast. Are there many NM members here?

I think there's another member from the southern part, maybe cruces. He doesn't post much though.
  • Options
    Hi all Ive been on here a couple of days and relly like the site! A couple of my friends got me hooked and now I cant stop. Its alot of fun and keeps me out of trouble... mostly.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Howdy Clyed ! Enjoy the ride.
    Hey that rhymes ! :)
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    oneeyedclyed:
    Hi all Ive been on here a couple of days and relly like the site! A couple of my friends got me hooked and now I cant stop. Its alot of fun and keeps me out of trouble... mostly.
    Very cool. Dive right in!
  • Options
    dre73dre73 Posts: 13
    Hi everybody, another newb jumping in. I've introduced myself in a couple of other threads but just found this one. I found this site and really got into cigars in just about the last 5 months or so. Enjoying these forums a lot and already had a couple guys offer me some smokes which I think is outstanding! I'm a 21 year Air Force vet stationed in Ohio but Texas is my home. Look forward to chatting and learning from all of you! Andre'
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome oneeye and Andre'. Glad to have you guys join us :)
  • Options
    Welcome Guys!
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    welcome to all the newbs that i missed!
  • Options
    My name is Barry, I'm 36 from Paducah Kentucky. My father got me turned on to cigars earlier this year. I had tried them in the past or what I thought were decent cigars (machine mades) and really didn't care much for them. It wasn't until I had my first LGC Wavell, Cuban Cohiba and Padilla that I realized there was more to this than King Edwards and Dutch Masters lol. Since then I've been on a rampage to learn more about cigars.
  • Options
    Welcome Barry, lots of great people here, and information
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all newcomers... You all have pm's
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Welcome all newcomers... You all have pm's
    you have one too.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all. I love this virtual corner of cyberspace and hope you feel welcome, too. Check out the "Why your handle/username?" thread in the NCR section to give us a little insight into the way your brain thinks. All crazy stories are accepted.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Hello BOTL's I've been smoking for about a year now after a 17 year cigarette habit and I absolutely love it! These forums are great to get to know people and the sticks they smoke! I love when people talk about getting bombed and show the pics of all the sticks they got! I would *** my pants if that ever happen to me. Lol. Well smoke on brothers!!!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chRONic527:
    Hello BOTL's I've been smoking for about a year now after a 17 year cigarette habit and I absolutely love it! These forums are great to get to know people and the sticks they smoke! I love when people talk about getting bombed and show the pics of all the sticks they got! I would *** my pants if that ever happen to me. Lol. Well smoke on brothers!!!
    where you from? Los Angeles??
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum, everyone.
  • Options
    Good evening, total newb here. As my handle says, yes I am a barber.

Just moved into the Philly metro area a couple of weeks ago because my wife got a job in this area. 

So I had to find a new shop to work in, Found a really cool traditional yet new school shop to work in. Well, It has a cigar lounge attached to it with a small retail counter.

So part of the new gig is I get to learn about cigars, and of course smoke them. We give one to every customer who walks in, and it changes every day or so as to what we hand out.

Growing up, sure I had a swisher sweet or a backwoods, but up until this week O had never had a "Real" cigar.

So far I have had a Alec Bradley New York, Espinosa La Zona, Punch Gran Cru, and a Natural Root by Drew Estate (? didnt keep the band on that one).

So I am hoping to climb all through this board to learn as much as I can, so far I have enjoyed them a bunch. Stopping on the way home tomorrow at a larger shop to pick up some others to try out sunday and monday.  Also looking into buying a personal humidor for home.

Any and all advice is accepted and appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    chRONic527:
    Better get some Depends then dude, it'll happen. ;) Welcome!
  • Options
    lonniekt1966lonniekt1966 Posts: 80
    the_barber:
    Good evening, total newb here. As my handle says, yes I am a barber.

Just moved into the Philly metro area a couple of weeks ago because my wife got a job in this area. 

So I had to find a new shop to work in, Found a really cool traditional yet new school shop to work in. Well, It has a cigar lounge attached to it with a small retail counter.

So part of the new gig is I get to learn about cigars, and of course smoke them. We give one to every customer who walks in, and it changes every day or so as to what we hand out.

Growing up, sure I had a swisher sweet or a backwoods, but up until this week O had never had a "Real" cigar.

So far I have had a Alec Bradley New York, Espinosa La Zona, Punch Gran Cru, and a Natural Root by Drew Estate (? didnt keep the band on that one).

So I am hoping to climb all through this board to learn as much as I can, so far I have enjoyed them a bunch. Stopping on the way home tomorrow at a larger shop to pick up some others to try out sunday and monday.  Also looking into buying a personal humidor for home.

Any and all advice is accepted and appreciated.

Thanks
    Pm sent. And as far as the humidor....GO BIGGER!!
  • Options
    Welcome to the Forum to all the newbies. Dont be afraid to dive right in!