Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Hi, I'm Eric 40 from West Bloomfield MI. Quit smoking cigarettes 15 days ago and just miss the hand and smoke thing. The first cigar I smoked was 20 years ago a true Monticristo in Canada. From what I read now it is illegal to even smoke a Cuban cigar. I won't be doing any of this i promise.....i remember how amazing it tasted. just ordered a sampler with free humidor and look forward to some new flavors and a new hobby.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to your newest addiction Eric...cigars and this forum that is. Enjoy your time here with us. Some pretty cool peeps on here( not as cool as I seeing that I'm cooler than the other side of the pillow)!!
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Welcome Eric and Ian! You will find a lot of infro. here. Ian, if you are a pipe fan check out the pipes page too.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Wheeew! Sorry I'm late, guys. Traffic was a beast and then Jiunn had to stop for a potty break. Did I miss anything?!?
    New people!!? Awesome! Welcome err-body!
  • Options
    maymgmaymg Posts: 47
    Welcome guys! Stick around, and you will learn so much! I've been around for a month, and I have learned more than I can even handle! These guys on here are awesome!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome ian and eric...some great guys in this brotherhood.checkin often and dont be a fraid to ask anything!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    I’m a lurker. There I said it. I’m not proud of it but I have to step out of the shadows. They say admitting it, is half the battle. I have to thank everybody for all of the knowledge gained, entertainment had, & cigars smoked. We’ve travelled vicariously through other posters to far off lands or down the Monagehela/Ohio River. What a great adventure it has been! I’ve gained a large chunk of my tobacco knowledge from lurking, errr listening, on this forum. Whew! I just had to get that off my chest to start with.

I started smoking cigars years ago when the kids were little. I would grab my coffee and cigar before the sun came up. It would be my golden and I relaxing on the back deck while the whole world slept. That one moment when all is quiet, peaceful, & right with the world. An hour or so of relaxation before the hustle & bustle of a normal day begins anew. The breakneck pace of raising kids and by dinner time, I was dreaming of which hour long vacation I would take the next morning. They have given solace & comfort through work, school activities, sports, pre-teens, dances, dating, proms, balls, pageants, driving licenses, bills, teenagers, natural disasters, in-laws, family, vacations, colleges, & further affairs of plain living. My cigars and I have shared a lot over the years.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum's. Many of us have lurked for awhile before joining the fun.
  • Options
    WyattEarpWyattEarp Posts: 27
    Welcome Sasquatch, I think one of your kin is roaming round these parts.. Squatches have a reputation of being lurkers!!
  • Options
    Thank you guys. I look forward to participating instead of lurking
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all our recently joined members :)
  • Options
    Welcome brother Sasquatch. Don't feel bad about lurking. You said you learned from it. That's one thing we're all here for. Heck. I've seen long time members who have been on here (actually logged in) recently and still they never have post anything,……ever,….. they just lurk. Lurking is such a bad word too. Maybe we should call it purposeful observation. LOL So, how long have you been purposefully observing the forum?
  • Options
    I like to call it surveillance from a legal distance of 200 yards. Too long Probably a couple of years since I found cigars on these newfangled interwebs. TY for all the reviews I have used to try new cigars over the same timeframe. This place doesn't have the pretentious snob clique or the requisite troll member. It feels more like a group of buddies hanging out on the back deck chatting while watching the smoker cook.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Sasquatch:
    I like to call it surveillance from a legal distance of 200 yards. Too long Probably a couple of years since I found cigars on these newfangled interwebs. TY for all the reviews I have used to try new cigars over the same timeframe. This place doesn't have the pretentious snob clique or the requisite troll member. It feels more like a group of buddies hanging out on the back deck chatting while watching the smoker cook.
    and this is the exact reason i chose this forum over the others! well said and welcome!
  • Options
    Sasquatch:
    Yep, It's friendlier here. I landed on another forum site before I found this one. I asked a noob question about wrappers cracking and they skipped the question and started talking crap among themselves about the line of cigars I was smoking. Bye bye snarky fart sniffers. I'll try and find a friendlier bunch. And I did :)
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Short bump for da newbies....Welcome!
  • Options
    New here, on plenty of other forums but just found this one. Just wanted to say hello!
    I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area. Love me some cigars! Love chatting about them too.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums. There are lots of great people on here.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for Shizzsis
  • Options
    Hey Guys Brian 28 from Whitewater WI. Recently started smoking cigars on the golf course and now I am hooked. I have been learning a lot on this forum in a short amount of time I have been on. Still trying as many different cigars as I can to find out what i like and don't like. Picked up the MoW Armada from the Daily deal yesterday. I think cigars go pretty well with my other hobbies Golfing, ice fishing and brewing beer. Now time for a beer and cigar on a lazy Sunday afternoon. image
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Welcome to all the newcomers. Lots of great info and people here.
  • Options
    ShizzsisShizzsis Posts: 263
    Hi all I am new to the forums.. I joined to educate myself on some of the nuances in the cigar world as my husband and I both enjoy fine cigars. Our favorite activity is to sit on the patio and have a nice glass of wine and a cigar..I hope to here some helpful hints.. My favorite cigars are macanudo, montecristo, Oliva g series and M III series. I like a milder cigar with a good draw.. Would love to here some suggestions. ????
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Welcome to another home.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    Again, welcome to the forums! I am a big fan of aj Fernandez stuff and looking at mild to medium cigars with great favors I would consider the maw virtue, or the San Latano oval.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Paintball1084:
    Hey Guys Brian 28 from Whitewater WI. Recently started smoking cigars on the golf course and now I am hooked. I have been learning a lot on this forum in a short amount of time I have been on. Still trying as many different cigars as I can to find out what i like and don't like. Picked up the MoW Armada from the Daily deal yesterday. I think cigars go pretty well with my other hobbies Golfing, ice fishing and brewing beer. Now time for a beer and cigar on a lazy Sunday afternoon. image
    Nice Brian, send me a pm...we could hook up!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Paintball1084:
    and by "hook up" mike means that he wants to bang you
  • Options
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    Paintball1084:
    Uh OH I new there was a catch with all these nice people on the forum........
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Paintball1084:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    Paintball1084:
    Uh OH I new there was a catch with all these nice people on the forum........
    don't listen to him, he's just jealous!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumpstump
  • Options
    mcpetes16mcpetes16 Posts: 14
    OK ladies and gentleman I will introduce myself as well

My name is Chris, all my friends call me CR. 35 years old from buffalo, MN. I have always enjoyed the smell of cigars and recently started smoking.

I stumbled onto the website when I was looking for a humidor. I found the forum and haven't left since. Now I have been trolling the website collecting information and knowledge.

I look forward to getting to know you all.