Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mean Bro Greene:
    I suppose I'll go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Cody and I live in NE TN. I've loved cigars for a long time, but only just got my first humidor in the last couple weeks. I'm starting to build up by collection and get a feel for what I really like. I found this community a couple days ago and thought it looked like something I'd like to be a part of. Looking forward to getting to know you guys.
    Welcome Boys, love the name.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    welcome to the board.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Welcome all!
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Hello, everyone. I can haz cigarz?
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome newbs/noobs !!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Mayd83Mayd83 Posts: 3
    Hi my name is Jerry from Philadelphia. Been buying cigars off the site here and there for the last few years. Like smoking a cigar when the wife and kid aren't occupying my time. Started with a uncle giving me a CAO Sopranos edition and was hooked ever since.

Lately been checking out different cigars just smoked a Romeo y Julieta 1875 belicosa the other day and enjoyed it. Look forward to seeing you all around the forums.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Mayd83:
    Hi my name is Jerry from Philadelphia. Been buying cigars off the site here and there for the last few years. Like smoking a cigar when the wife and kid aren't occupying my time. Started with a uncle giving me a CAO Sopranos edition and was hooked ever since. Lately been checking out different cigars just smoked a Romeo y Julieta 1875 belicosa the other day and enjoyed it. Look forward to seeing you all around the forums.
    welcome to the forums Jerry!! Where in Philly are you?
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Jerry! Let me know if you are looking for a sponsor for your first trade!
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Welcome to the forums...
  • Options
    Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    Welcome to the forum, and hope you all stick around.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Welcome.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Welcome Jerry! Let me know if you are looking for a sponsor for your first trade!
    nice! Jumping on 'em quick! Welcome to the forums Jerry, this is an amazing place.
  • Options
    Mayd83Mayd83 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the welcome. I'll keep that in mind mmccartneydc thanks. I'm in northeast Philly Rhawnhurst area.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the party Jerry!
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    screw you doc lol this is a Philly brother!! We gonna get it poppin up in here lmao
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Welcome to the party Jerry!

Someone say party ?
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Bump
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Pre weekend bump
  • Options
    Paaaage One
  • Options
    Welcome:-) :-)
  • Options
    Bumpy
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    bump
  • Options
    pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    New to this forum but I don't consider myself a newbie at anything.
    That being said. I like what I've read so far on this forum and like it. It circles around the business at hand. Other forums I've tried get down into the mud too much for my tastes.

Those who don't know me might call me an old guy. I have no room for age. Life is too exciting to quit livin it.
    Marine, Vietnam Vet. Ham operator, biker, off roader etc etc. I sometimes compare myself to a bargain basement Hemingway. The only thing I haven't tried yet is runnin with the bulls. LOL
    I've had too many broken bones to run so I'd have to shoot em. I'm an avid pipe smoker and cigar lover.
    Made a couple of posts and thanks to those who have helped me along.
    Looking forward to sharing and receiving on our love of the smoke.
    I quit pipes and cigars years ago but saved my better pipes for that time when I will die of unrelated causes and I've reached that age and time. So light em up!!!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You'll fit in well with this crowd. Welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    A warm welcome to all the new forum members, I am fairly new myself; that being said I am always hopping on and checking... love to hear your stories.
  • Options
    Weekend bump. Welcome all newbies!
  • Options
    Up
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all! My name is Chris and im fairly new to the world of cigars. I have a 40 count humi set up with a digital hygrometer/thermometer and a jar DR. RH humidifying gel jar. I seasoned my humi and let it stabilize before loading it up. Im currently dabbling trying to find my tastes... so far ive been sticking in the mild group... but am hoping to grow. :) I welcome any advice or suggestions happily! I look forward to getting sucked into the forums here. lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Hello Chris and welcome! I would recommend 5 Vegas Gold for a mild stick to start. Also make sure you hit the everything newbies should know thread. Great info and don't be afraid to ask questions. Great bunch of herf fanatics here!!
  • Options
    AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Welcome Chris (LiquidChaos66)!!! Try to fill out your bio with your favs and wants....
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"