Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Just new to the forum. Thanks all for the welcome.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Scott! Based on recent events around here, I'm guessing you are from The Great State of Michigan!!!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Welcome to the forum Scott! Based on recent events around here, I'm guessing you are from The Great State of Michigan!!!
    damn Michigan is getting big on here!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Close, Ohio. Why Michigan?
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

What part of OH are you in, there's a few folks here (including me) who are in OH as well. And lots of midwest BOTLs too (especially from MI)

Stick around a while and enjoy! And FWIW I think they were trying to set up an OH(?) or at least another midwest herf for sometime soon, idk where that thread went though.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    weekend bump
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Tip top:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Mike, you looking for newbs to slap up.lol
  • Options
    robertgreen30:
    MVW67:
    Mike, you looking for newbs to slap up.lol
    always still have some on list.......:-)
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    look at all these new guys. what a buncha losers
  • Options
    jliu:
    look at all these new guys. what a buncha great guys!
    fixed it!:-)
  • Options
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    look at all these new guys. what a buncha great guys!
    fixed it!:-)
    Welcome
  • Options
    Welcome
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I have been a bit busy, so I'm sure I missed some of you. Welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    Bump for medical1.
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words rain. You definitely make the site very welcoming. anyway I wanted to introduce myself - Im John, I live in Nashville, and a rank beginner in cigar smoking, so I was just trying to learn, from some of you seasoned cigar smokers/afficionado's. My father had just got back from the dominican with some Cohiba yellow bands. Obviously, I know that much that they are fake, but I have quite a few boxes, if anyone would like to try some, to evaluate and give me some feedback ?
    i"ll give you a couple for free. just let me know?
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Medical1, i already said it in another thread you posted in but check the Top right corner of your screen. "Inbox". You have a pm.
  • Options
    thats kinda better. welcome.
  • Options
    I'm not sure, this being the internet, if your reply was meant to be sarcastic.I think it kind of threw everyone off when there were 5 posts in 5 different threads about selling some gars...classic sign of a troll or spam bot. That being said, I also understand not being computer savvy. In all seriousness, I hope you stick around...and welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum brother. As you've seen people are very suspicious of anyone who starts off by trying to sell anything here and for good reason there's always someone out there running scams. Don't take it personally. If your truly want to meet some great people and learn just about everything there is to know about cigars this is the place. Make yourself known thru some threads. It don't take long to earn trust here.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome John, feel free to plow through all the different thread, great reading and great information. If you need a sampler pack, feel free to PM me.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    medical1:
    Thanks for the kind words rain. You definitely make the site very welcoming. anyway I wanted to introduce myself - Im John, I live in Nashville, and a rank beginner in cigar smoking, so I was just trying to learn, from some of you seasoned cigar smokers/afficionado's. My father had just got back from the dominican with some Cohiba yellow bands. Obviously, I know that much that they are fake, but I have quite a few boxes, if anyone would like to try some, to evaluate and give me some feedback ? i"ll give you a couple for free. just let me know?
    Nashville huh? Very cool town. Welcome to the forum, kick back, and read ALOT!!! Pay close attention to the etiquette and new member threads. PM to ya John!
  • Options
    Did this medical1 pm everyone and try to sell his fake Cohibas or was I just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Dude, did you not understand what they were saying?
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    Did this medical1 pm everyone and try to sell his fake Cohibas or was I just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Dude, did you not understand what they were saying?
    If he is, he should be reported to Admin immediately IMO. No one is that computer dumb.... To post that in five threads, you have to type it in five threads, and hit "post."
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    If he is, he should be reported to Admin immediately IMO. No one is that computer dumb.... To post that in five threads, you have to type it in five threads, and hit "post."
    Already been reported. Rain took care of it last night.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    He's already been reported but that was before he started PMing people. Unfortunately, he seems unable to take suggestions.
  • Options
    insufficient mana
  • Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Hello everyone! Steve here from southern NH. I'm new to the forum however I've been enjoying cigars regularly for a couple yrs now.
  • Options
    Welcome Steve!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Steve, Welcome!! Don't be shy...just ask and read up, it's always interesting around here!!